Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really looking forward to low level emulation with OpenGL working on DXBX and PatrickVL was working towards that end before health issues caused him to to leave.

However, we could see more immediate gains if we could update the symbol detection engine and continue with the patching route like before. I say why not do both? Have a mode for typical HLE and then a mode for pushbuffer emulation.

One person/group could work on symbol detection and another person/group could work on pushbuffer emulation via OpenGL

·
Registered
907 Posts
this is not a bad idea, i already tried to update the src2 code with changes made in src.
the src2 is the old pattern scanning code, but the src is pushbuffer emulation, that has more updated code.

So when i got the code working.. prehaps its good to do some new tricks.
But also a conditional for PuschBuffer emulation is not a problem.

Im working on it when i got some time.. but dont think i could keep up with the speed patrick made changes.

Already have not much sleep last couple of days..
But yes, its possible and prehaps also the best solution for now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nooooooo!!!!!

Please sleep! This might sound like blasphemy but real life health and happiness are more important than a regularly updated xbox emulator.

Even if only just;)

·
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is not a bad idea, i already tried to update the src2 code with changes made in src.
the src2 is the old pattern scanning code, but the src is pushbuffer emulation, that has more updated code.

So when i got the code working.. prehaps its good to do some new tricks.
But also a conditional for PuschBuffer emulation is not a problem.

Im working on it when i got some time.. but dont think i could keep up with the speed patrick made changes.

Glad youre onboard with the idea! :) And no worries dont feel pressured keep up with patrick's speed. Its important to pace yourself so you dont get burnt out. ;)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Are there people that have delph installed, but does not know how things work with svn and stuff then let me know, then i can write short paper for that.

Also dont forget there is a issue tracker on Sourceforge for dxbx project.
If im not mistaken, that one is open for everyone.
So if you got small things you liked to see changed or simple bugs, then post them there.

When "we" got free time, or new coders want something to do, then they can pick items from there.

This makes it litle easier to manage the project.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am sure I am blasphemous but wouldn't be worthy to move dxbx back to C(++,#)?
It would perhaps be easier to find programmers willing to pitch in.

If the answer is "no" I understand anyway.

·
Registered
907 Posts
If the answer is "no" I understand anyway.

when you already understand, then yah probably know the answer, if so why ask the question ?

you are free to port dxbx back to cxbx :)

·
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone who's played Gauntlet Legends or pcsxbox or some of the other working titles can see that Delphi is more than viable for xbox emulation.

I just wish there were good Delphi tutorials out there so more people who like DXBX's approach but dont know the language could jump in and help

·
Registered
907 Posts
StrikerX3, the reason why its not fully blinded open project. Is that we want to keep only a litle bit of control on the original svn.

This as some sort of security that code will not be altered without notice.. people can not remove all the code.. or spamm the source folders.

Access to the sources is open, but when you want also write access, a simple email and litle talk is the only thing to get this access.

Ask other people who already have full acess control.

Bill_gates: If you like, i can give it a try, to translate parts of the delphi code to Lazerus.
This is also pascal coding, only a different but free compiler.
If im not mistaken, the forms need to be rebuild then, but most of the code need no changes then.

Some other people are asking for the lazerus project files to last couple of days. so prehaps its time to put some effort in that.

·
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have delphi 2010 and it compiles DXBX without any issues.
In my opinion, the symbol scanning issues are where attention is most needed.

somehow patrick's trie datastructure has to support:
1. Identical patterns with different names
2. Identical names with different pattern

i'm hoping to ease my way into serious development by playing with samples
when youre able to get them to me :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts