Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I download the lastest directx, would any problems result with the ePSXe emulator.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but to be on the safe side could anyone else tell me that they've seen improvements when installing directx 8a. I thought I saw a post that directx8 caused problems with the emu.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It doesn't tend to create problems with the emu proper, but be *absolutely certain* you have the newest drivers available for your various piece of hardware. Quite a few old drivers fail horribly when used in conjunction with DX8.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Depend on what your VGA and OS using???
1.Go to your brand website
2.Go to driver section(Support,Download or anything)
3.Choose your classs and OS
4.Download them
5.unzipped and read their instruction how to install
Note : Each brand have their own way to install.............
For Example : Matrox brand just double click at file it will atomatic install...................

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
enigma: OS stands for Operating System

And VGA, although i don't know what it stands for, i know it has to do with your video card, mine's SVGA for exemple

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by Metalmurphy
enigma: OS stands for Operating System

And VGA, although i don't know what it stands for, i know it has to do with your video card, mine's SVGA for exemple
Yep OS stands for Operating System like win95,98,me,2000,NT,Unix,Linux,and many
VGA stand for Video card

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So meaning when we download a newer vers. of directx, we also have to download newer drivers everytime.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Not every time!

But there were a lot of complains with incompatibilities with Directx8.... i think....

at least I had a trouble.

And enigma... my last post wasn't to be directed to u... :p

sorry

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by Bubsy
So meaning when we download a newer vers. of directx, we also have to download newer drivers everytime.
No not like that...................
It depend on your develop brand will release new driver or not...............not depend on your directx....................
Anyway you should to always check their website look it have new driver or not becuase new driver make your video card work better than old driver

·
Registered
513 Posts
>VGA stand for Video card
Actually it stands for "Video Graphics (Array/Adapter)." It's named as it is because prior standards were CGA (Color Graphics Array) and MGA (Monochrome Graphics Array).

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
old hardware drivers(for video cards, and sound cards) didn't have support for directx8a so problems arose.... Directx8a is relatively new and the hardware manufacturers needed time to create drivers with support and compatibility with it...... So the best thing to do if you want to use directx8a is to update your audio\video drivers to current ones........ I have been using directx8a ever since it came out....... haven't had a problem yet with emus or anything...... Of course I updated all my drivers for my system as well though......

·
Registered
345 Posts
yup i had some problem because i forgot to update my vid card drivers. ePSXe gave me some funked up shite but thats cuz i was running dx8 on drivers for dx7

had no problem with sound thoguh.

good luck on the upgrade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts