Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I´ve seen lots of members here with nice animation avatars and somehow i haven´t got a single one working yet... i´ve been desperate trying to set a nice animation of my daugther and sister as my avatar and it doesn´t matter how much i do i can get it to work or at least if i don´t reduce the pic as hell and its then no usable as a avatar.

now my question.... it´s possible to get at least the ability to upload bigger avatars???? because the actuall size limitation is quite old and annoying if you ask me.

Here´s the pic i want to use as my avatar.. a small and cute animation from my daughter and sister:
*Removed by me*

Regards
@ruantec

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i have trouble browsing this site on 64k as it is......

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Cutting the frame count and and decreasing speed may help.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Reduced it to 9 colours and took cut it to 12 frames and it's still ends up just under 80kb. I am afraid this one is just not gonna happen...at least not with my crappy image editing skills XD

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Unfortunately they are neccessary though otherwise I would blow my cap within a week.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Nope grayscaling does not help, in fact it's slightly bigger than reducing it to 9 colours.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Indeed and agreed but such small sizes??? most of the forums nowdays allows more than that. anyways i think its there decision and i should respect it :thumb:
Mostly because it takes the attention from what really matters: Post content. If we'd start having these large GIFs everywhere it'd look like a pr0nsite very soon. I think having things sober keeps things more uniform since everyone uses the same size of signatures (maxing every bit allowed), improving readability. But well, that's just my opinion :)

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mostly because it takes the attention from what really matters: Post content. If we'd start having these large GIFs everywhere it'd look like a pr0nsite very soon. I think having things sober keeps things more uniform since everyone uses the same size of signatures (maxing every bit allowed), improving readability. But well, that's just my opinion :)
I think you´re right and thank you for that... i have no other choice than accept it even if i don´t understand many points of having such small sizes.. i do understand that a limit is needed which is obvious as they need to reduce bandwidth as much as they can... eventhough the size could be slighly bigger than what it is atm..

anyways is just my point of view and they should do what they think is right. but i just wanted to say my opinion about it and that´s no other than "size limits are great but when is too small it can be very annoying sometimes."

i would like to thank V1ncent for creating the small version of the animation for me and to all you guys for the great help and awesome explanations.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
I still think that having pictures of your family on the Internet (or any personal picture in any case) is generally NOT a good idea, when you make the most basic win/lose analysis, but whatever.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Why not, Proto? I imagine it'd only be a concern if you have/are making enemies.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Trust me, I know what Proto means, I was slammed on EmuChrist / MAME World with my private pictures so yeah, you're asking for it by posting personal pictures.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.