Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone. I'm sure most of you are in the same room as your Wii. Look at your wii with all it's accessories. Most of you at least have a charging dock. It's getting disgusting on the third party side.. why all these accessories? Some might argue that it is due to the wii's popularity. I though must argue that most all accessories come from fundamental design flaws of the wiimote. Now i understand that the wiimote can't exactly become a racket, or a golf club, and most of these accessories are gimicks. I'm looking at the more practical ones; recharable batteries, docs, rubber inserts, and the motion plus. I believe that if nintendo had any respect for their future consumers they would immediate cease the production of the current model of the wiimote and make four or more important changes in order to fundamental upgrade it. First they would integrate the wiimote with the motion plus, it's not that consumers fault that the original wiimote didn't provide the 1:1 response that they expected. Second they need to have a replacable, recharable lithium ion battery back that comes first party. The battery should be recharable through a seperate docking station and it should charge through the nunchuck port on the bottem. It should be able to dock comfortable without leaving the rubber sleave. That is to say that the rubber only needs to come off to replace the battery pack. Third they need to upgrade the speaker on the wiimote to accomediate better than 8bit sound. Fourth, but certainly not least, they should start selling the nunchuck with the wii mote instead of seperate. It's insulting to a customer when they get what they think they need only to find out that they also need an "Accessory". The nunchuck isn't an accessory, it is standard issue!

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I would like to see a price rundown of a Wii with the "essential" accessories and compare it to the PS3.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Left side of brain : Cost cutting, adding the additional stuff woulld also increase the price, it's an accessory for a reason, it may not be used.

Right side of brain : It's a money thing. More money for nintendo.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I would like to see a price rundown of a Wii with the "essential" accessories and compare it to the PS3.
Fine, as long as you include the corresponding PS3 items.

i.e., if you list 2nd wiimote, list a 2nd wireless PS3 controller...

BTW, I thought the PS3 wasn't competing with the Wii?

:evil:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
This is going to sound like a fanboyish comment, but here goes: The Wii was never anything but a very well selling gimmick in the first place. Gimmicky accessories were to be expected.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
So you're bashing 50 million gamers? Interesting! and obviously they're so dumb they don't enjoy the Wii, but are too ashamed to be honest with others and just want to lie and tell them the system is fun because they want others wasting $250 as well?

:rolleyes:

Maybe a good percentage of Wii owners actually enjoy their systems?

;)

But hey, whether you like it or not is your choice, but please don't insult others, ok? :mad:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I wasn't insulting others. Gimmicks can be fun, I suppose.
You're stereotyping at the very least...

A number of games I play, Neo Geo, Gamecube Retro/Console etc use the Classic controller. To imply that all games depend on the Wiimote as a gimmick when many games (i.e. Mario Kart Wii / Neo Geo games) can use the Wavebird, and others can use the Wavebird or the Classic Controller is a sign of not understanding the Wii.

The Wii can be versatile...

:thumb:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I'm just saying, the Wii console in general and the (poor performing) motion controllers are nothing but gimmicks, along with most of the crappy accessories.

Though from a Business prospective, Nintendo was the smartest of all three companies.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
The accessory business scheme is one of the fundamental ones used! Don't diss it. It works on you, me, your mom, your dad & everyone all like a charm!!! :D

Everything from vacuum cleaners, to cordless telephones, to electric razors, to lawnmowers, to tvs, they all try and run on this business model, they lure in with with the reasonable price of the item your getting, then gouge you at the wallet with expensive accessories.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I'm just saying, the Wii console in general and the (poor performing) motion controllers are nothing but gimmicks, along with most of the crappy accessories.

Though from a Business prospective, Nintendo was the smartest of all three companies.
That's your opinion, but there are millions of happy Wii owners.

And how do you define crappy? I like the Classic Controller, there was no way it and the Wiimote could be made into one controller, and what's wrong with the Wavebird? or the Nunchuck?

If these were as bad as you claim, millions of gamers would not be buying the Wii, there would be bad mouthing from the millions who own the Wii, but alas the Wii is still selling...quite well... It may outsell the Gamecube by 2X...

You Wii haters are an interesting bunch, rather than being happy with your systems you own, you have to bash the Wii. I'd rather be happy enjoying my system than bashing the competition...

:evil: :innocent: :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I'm going to make a console that doesn't come with a optical drive. So right off the bat you need an accessory. Want ethernet? That costs extra. Wifi? You're paying out the ass. Want to have audio output? Just pick up the audio expansion pack. Video output module will be released soon.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Fourth, but certainly not least, they should start selling the nunchuck with the wii mote instead of seperate. It's insulting to a customer when they get what they think they need only to find out that they also need an "Accessory". The nunchuck isn't an accessory, it is standard issue!
I'm wondering, what exactly do you mean by that?
Do you mean when you buy a separate Wiimote? The Wii itself should come with a Wiimote and a nunchuck. If you mean when you buy a separate (additional) Wiimote, it's probably better if they keep the Wiimote and Nunchuck separate to give people the choice to either buy them together or alone. (Dunno, it just feels like a weird request)

As far as offering something better for the battery and the Wii Motion Plus, I agree, but I'm wondering the Motion + may not simply be added in a future bundle. (I wouldn't be surprised if they simply did a moderate price cut but added Motion + to the Wii)

I don't really see how the accessories for the Wii are that bad tho. The only one that I feel is "necessary" is the charging dock. I have a Classic Controller, but it was purely optional. (I started playing games because of my Father with the NES, so I thought it'd be fun to have him play back those old games on the Wii)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I have a Classic Controller, but it was purely optional. (I started playing games because of my Father with the NES, so I thought it'd be fun to have him play back those old games on the Wii)
If you want to play SNES games, fighting games, or Neo Geo games, you'll want the Classic Controller...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'm going to make a console that doesn't come with a optical drive. So right off the bat you need an accessory. Want ethernet? That costs extra. Wifi? You're paying out the ass. Want to have audio output? Just pick up the audio expansion pack. Video output module will be released soon.

Dear Sir, I do believe you just sold me a Computer!.

If you want to play SNES games, fighting games, or Neo Geo games, you'll want the Classic Controller...

lol fail.

Gamecube controller > Classic.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
you all have been missing the main problem. The Wii was released fundamentally flawed. It failed to achieve the 1:1 motion it was suppose to have. They somehow failed to anticipate the fact that people could manage to throw the remote through a TV causing them to have to giveaway two more updates, a thicker strap and the rubber glove for it. Then, they managed to not see the fact people don't want to pay hundreds of dollars in batterys.

They need to release a Wiimote 2.0 that takes into consideration all these changes

wiimote--------------35.96
nunchuck------------17.96
motion+-------------19.96
nyko charge station--24.82
--------------------------
total $98.70 for what should be a 1 single package

ps3 Dualshock 3 42.96
xbox360 wireless 37.96

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.