Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this started recently and was wondering if anyone knew if my theory may have some ground to it or not.

recently my pc started a weird issue where when i reboot, the post gets stuck at C1 and loops, it takes a bit of restarting and discharging the psu before it gets past it and than states the cmos checksum is bad and after soem more restarting after i load defaults i can boot into windows where the time is messed up(i do know that is a sign of a dead battery).

i am wondering that maybe the cmos battery being dead or close to it, that it could possibly be causing this? the motherboard is over 2 years old now.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
sounds like it.

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reason i believe its not truly hardware related in any way is i can use up a ton of ram doing other things and not get any memory errors which i used to get the one time my ram was bad and everything else seems to run perfectly fine when i am in windows, the only time i notice anything is restarting so i am going to try the battery when i get a chance to see if that does anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.