Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've searched this forum for Silent Hill references, found the problems about saved states, and tried everything here. Nothing wants to work, despite every effort the KCET logo fades into plain white and stays there.

I then tried scouring the internet for more references, and specifically saved states. There doesn't seem to be any around :)

Would anyone here who plays Silent Hill with the Saved State method mind exporting it to a file and flinging it my way? I would really appreciate it :) I believe Executor allows you to export saved state files, and they're something like 200k, so they could even be attached to a post here :D

Thanks in advance, you're my last ditch hope :D

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
I don't have this game, but here's something I found in PSXFanatics's Compatibility List:

In order for Silent Hill to not freeze at intro screen, you cannot have memory cards enabled (Use EPSXE's save state feature instead). Masked Bit option must be enabled. Enabled SPU IRQ for better sound.
[]s Badaro

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aye, I've done all that. Here's what I've tried :

Disabling both memory cards.

Having one blank on slot 1.

Having two blank, on slot 1 and 2.

Toggling F4 before the KCET logo.

Toggling F4 before the Konami logo.

Toggling F4 after the splash screen.

Saving a state after the splash screen with two memory cards, then loading with none.

Saving a state after the splash screen with one memory card, and loading with none.

Saving a state after the splash screen with two memory cards, then loading with one.

Saving a state after the splash screen with one memory card, and loading with one.

Cycling the Graphics plugin thru Petes, then NextGL, then Kazzuya's.

Cycling the sound plugin from Pete's to Iori to Eternal.

I've had this game working with other emu's, but all in a dodgy software driven window; I need my 3D Hardware goodness! Besides, all the others don't do it too well. I've broken me back trying to get this working I need a state ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts