Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I like to create music thas why I bought a creative live.Now I have a question....I am using sound Vienna for making sound fonts.I have some really good loops......which I ofcourse made my self.Now when I make a sounf font I notice that as I proceed to the higher chords,not only the pitch but also the tempo slows down.Do U get what Im trying to say

okay here is what I mean

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
_a_b_c_d_f__________________________________________

Okay consider that obove is a piano_Okay when I play a sound font on a virtual piano when I press button a sound comes okay,now when I press button B (The lower chord) the sound comes pitch becomes sharp but the tempo of loop also drecreased.Now as I proceed on lower chords the tempo and pitch decerease side by side.And as I proceed to upper chords the tempo and pitch increase .

What I want is the pitch to decrease and increase and tempo to remain the same
I think U got what I meant

Ali

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
From what I understand about music (which is not a lot :D), if you go up one octave, your samples will be played twice as fast, if you go down one octave they will be half as fast. You may need to use SoundForge (or something similar) to perform pitch-shifting or time-stretching in order to acheive what you want. Hope this helps ;)

S

·
0 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but some environmental audio settings alow you to change the pitch yet the speed stays the same.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sound Forge.....hmmmmmmmmm.......let me check.......well the environmental setting are something else

1 - 4 of 4 Posts