Next Generation Emulation banner

are you happy of hearing about a ps2 emulator being started?

• yea , its a freaking goooooood news

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Na , i dont care cuz i own the real thing, or i will soon

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking seriously about a ps2 emulator , actualy me and some freinds , but i think all of you guys must help us with this
thinking , dont you think ?
what is the real reason for making one , why dont you guys tell me
your opinions ?
i think that many people cant just go and buy a ps2 , but they already have got a good pc's thats why they want to use their pc's
to run ps2 games which most of it didnt an will not get released for pc.
lets talk about legal stuff which is most important when starting some thing like that. if we dont want sony to make a war against
us every thing must work the way epsxe work which is :
you must own a ps2 and an original copy of the game you want , so you can dump the bios and / or getting a copy of it in the legal
way.
but if you own a ps2 why would you want to emulate it ?
i beleave that most of the people that use the epsxe , adripsx,fpse .... they use it because they want to play their favourate games with enhanced graphics and /or sound quality
but ps2 already gives you the best graphics and sound quality,
so what else do we want ?
so... my last word ... i think that if we made a ps2 emulator it would never be used in a legal way, the only crowd to be wanting such emulator is those people who doesn't own a ps2 and want to play ps2 games on their pc's.
i wish to hear your opinions guys about the whole thing .

S

·
0 Posts
Also, even if you "lay low" while working on one, as soon as Sony finds out, they'll be after you in no time. Look how they are going after bleem! and that product is for a dead system. Sony is gearing up for a real war against the X-Box, Game Cube, and GBA. They don't want to mess w/anyone trying to emulate their "baby" the PS 2. If someone tries, I believe that they will put them away and put them away fast. Best to forget about PS 2 emulation for now fellas.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
and i dont think it would give any nice results anyway
i read somewere that the system u r running the emu gotta be at least 2 times more powerfull than the 1 u r trying to emulate.
guess we'll have to wait some more time...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
aaaaaaaawwww, sorry, i hadnt read lord_byrons's post
man, i really gotta start reading the whole threads...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts