Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, here is my problem, I have a super dual box advance ps2 to usb gamepad converter, an I just wanna know if it's useable with the project 64 emulator if someone could help me out cause I'm having major problems trying to get it to work. If it does work and someone verifys that, then I will post what problems I am having with it.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
There's no reason it shouldn't work. If you have a problem, just come out and say it already. I've never heard of the converter that you're using, but that doesn't mean help can't be rendered.:)

Basic Checklist:

1.) Did you install the converter's drivers?

2.) Does it work fine with other PC games/emulators?

3.) Did you turn on analog (on your PSX/PS2 controller?)

4.) Is the controller even recognized under Control Panel > Gaming Controllers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's recognized under control panel, the driver is installed, but not sure yet it it is recognized cause when I go to dxdiag and look it says no force feedback driver installed, but their is supposed to be a force feedback driver because my converter says it supports 4 different types of rumble on the frikkin box that it came in.

Yes it works with epsxe, but vibration doesn't work, yes I have Analog button on on the controller. I tried configuring it under both Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6, and N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.82 plugins on project 64 1.6.

This is what happens when I try to configure it on Jabo's, I select Twin Usb joystick from the combobox in the configuration menu, which is my controllers driver name or something like that I don't know, and then whenever I try to click on a button to configure it, it says, "the selection you've made is already in use." I've tried turning annalog both off and on to see if it made a difference, and it didn't. i also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and restarting my computer.

With the N-Rage it's a bit different. It let's me configure the controller, and it recognizes it's their, and I had the annalog on then to as well. But after I configure it, and load up a game, it doesn't work, I can press only up, and left on the D-pad when the Analog is on, also whenever I try to use the joystick, it wil only go up, Right, and down, but when I press right on the joystick, it goes back left, and when I press down, it goes immediately back up. The game I am using is flying Dragon, a pretty fun fighting game for the N64. Now, if I turn the Analog off, I can go Down and right on the D-pad, but that weird thing happens, and it takes me immediately back up or left corrisponding if I press down or right. I've tried configuring this with the analog both off and on with no results, and I've restarted my computer, and I even reinstalled my controller driver, but nothing worked.

So, That's my wall-of-text problem for ya lol, any help would be appriciated, thanks. Oh and my computer is a Del Optiplex with a Intel 2 Dual core 1.86 ghz processor, 250 gb hd, 2 gigs of ram running windows Xp Professional edition, Just so you get an Idea of what I'm working with here. Like I said any help appriciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can press only up, and left on the D-pad when the Analog is on, also whenever I try to use the joystick, it wil only go up, Right, and down, but when I press right on the joystick, it goes back left, and when I press down, it goes immediately back up. The game I am using is flying Dragon, a pretty fun fighting game for the N64. Now, if I turn the Analog off, I can go Down and right on the D-pad, but that weird thing happens, and it takes me immediately back up or left corrisponding if I press down or right.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
if there is no forcefeedback file listed, then the controller will not rumble.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I know that, but I don't know why their isn't when it says right on the box, I double checked that from your post on my epsxe problem, and yea, no force feedback. If anyone can help with that problem that would be appriciated. My adapter is like I said a dual box advance ps2 to pc gamepad converter. But the problem at hand is the problem of it not working on my project 64 emulator. I really don't care to much about the vibration on project 64 although that would be cool. I listed the problems i was having above this post, so if anyone can help, much appriciated.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
You need to install drivers for it, windows only contains forcefeed back drivers for several MS and Gravis controllers.

if its an official Super Dualbox then mayflash should have them
http://mayflash.com/Download.htm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure that that is where I downloaded the file for the driver, and when I installed it it did the same thing as the disc, nothing, I don't understand, if you look up the super dual box advance on the internet it says it supports force feedback, I even went out and baught a new controller. But I will go to that site and check it out, just incase.

Update: I checked it out, and their is nothing their. No dual box advance that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.