Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should sometimes argue about other things, just to relax:D, don't you think?
BTW, has someone seen a 3dlabs card working(the one that has two processors, cost $1500, have both PCI AND AGP4XPro interfaces and a humble 128MB DDR SDRAM)?

S

·
0 Posts
Godd idea Takwu, so I'm moving it to hardware discussion.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have seen 1 in the cad machine i think its name is 3dlabs wildcat 5110 its super fast for 3d modelling and cad, but it has poor performance when it come to 3d gaming and you need an agp pro slot for these beast.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for moving the thread sxamiga, i couldn't find it for some weeks :), just kidding.
Well I was talking about a new one, 3D Labs Oxygen GVX420 128MB
here's some specs of the seller: (TCComputers)

Professional Graphic Card w/ MDual GLINT R4 Chipsets, 256-bit graphics performance, 128MB High-Speed Unified SGRAM, AGP Pro/4X and PCI Interface, 300 MHz RAMDAC. Analog and DVI dual display capabilities, 2D/3D Graphics Accelerator

It's price? $1596.99

·
Registered
265 Posts
Like Iran said, these cards don't do well in games as they aren't designed to, and the driver support isn't there for a quick game of max payne say. The sort of things that CAD programs and such need for good performance is not what makes games go well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts