Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was window shopping at Electronic Boutique, I found Black and White 2 didn't have the system requirements on the boxes. This was the first time I've seen a new computer program without specs...
Now I know my ancient PC couldn't handle it, but what do you think of PC games without specs?

1. Specs? I need specs, I dunno if my system can handle it!

2. Specs? WTF are you thinking, just look at the website!

3. Specs? Who needs them, my PC plays anything!

4. What were specs again?

5. I don't need to read specs, real gamers just guess if it'll work!

6. MY PCs too slow to run 'new' games!

7. I don't care about specs,,,,

8. Other please specify

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was referring to the box the game is sold in...

·
Back from the dead
3,743 Posts
He's completely right. Every single game released should have specs right on the box. In the United States, Federal Law states that you are not allowed to return any open CD or DVD product except to exchange it for the exact same item because you can possibly copy it. It's not fair if someone gets home and the game won't play on there computer and they are not allowed to take it back to tbe store and get thier money back.

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
#3 xD

·
Registered
411 Posts

I just install it and if it works I'm happy. If it doesnt, I lower the resolution until I get down to 640x480, and if that happens then I turn on at least 2xAA. F.E.A.R.'s the most recent system crippling game, and my system runs it at 25FPS 0% of the time, to 86FPS 23% of the time and 45 FPS the rest of the time (according the little in game thing). At 800x600 with 2xAA. Would I like to run it higher sure...but it looks nearly as good as the pics when I'm playing so I'm not complaining.

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
*hugs the 7-day no questions asked Electronics Boutique return policy*

... "a pirate's dream"...

;)

ahem... Getting back on topic, I don't need to check the specs because my 'puter runs all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.