Next Generation Emulation banner

Your opinion on this proposition is:

• It is a nice idea.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Not bad, but... (post your opinion please)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don't think it is worth it

Votes: 7 36.8%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, dear fellow members. In the name of this year's awards committee I'd like to assure you that we are currently trying our best to make this year's awards an event that you will wholeheartedly enjoy. Look forward to it please.

Among other things, we have thought of a few new cathegories, and in fact, the purpose of this thread is to ask you for your opinion on one of the proposals.

More concretely, the awards is called (for now) forum of the year. We are thinking on the lines of people voting for the forum (game/open/software etc) that they visit most oftenly, or that they enjoy posting in the most. What we would ask is whether you think that it is a good idea, if it is a nice idea but you can suggest some improvements, or if you think that all in all its not worth it, please by all means tell us so.

If you have any question, suggestion or comentary feel free to comment here, or PM any of the members of the committee

Truly yours,

generalplot
cloudvii
ArchIBaLD
Proto
Vanit
Cid Highwind
fireblaster_lyz

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I think it's a good way to read into the general public's tastes as far as the type of threads are concerned. I'd certainly like this feature better than and more informative to the the NGemu Enforcement Squad's (NGES :p) assumptions, opinions and on-the-fly policies. ;)

Btw..
Proto said:
In the name of this year's awards committee I'd like to assure you that we are currently trying our best to make this year's awards an event that you will wholeheartedly enjoy. Look forward to it! please?
This is how I read it. ;P~

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
It could be intressing as it would show which emulation people were the most intressed in... however if off-topic discussions wins... well I guess it wouldn't say that much :D

BTW can't we have a award for the worst admin? that'd be fun.

·
2,775 Posts
Wait a sec?!!? This smells of foul play, Vanit... your name is included in the first post... it kind a makes it sound like you're supporting the idea in the first place....... it's kind of fishy to make a post like that :D

·
2,775 Posts
I think they prefer to stay away from degrading and potentially insulting polls.
Really? is that why we have had such a awards as nutter of the year ( well I guess that would be compliment to some, but still... :D ) ? , I think the community should have a chance to say something on the admin for once, and make them a little nervous.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
ChankastRules said:
Wait a sec?!!? This smells of foul play, Vanit... your name is included in the first post... it kind a makes it sound like you're supporting the idea in the first place....... it's kind of fishy to make a post like that :D
I am part of the awards committee which is why I was listed in the first post. I sort of opposed the idea of forum of the year in our private discussions because I didn't understand what the point was of awarding a section. But upon hearing a further explanation of it I think its a good way to make people feel good in a broader aspect for contributing to something as a group rather than as an individual. So thats why I decided to give it my support now because I think its a good idea.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
sigh, i think forum of the year is stupid, all you have to do is see which forum has the most posts in it, ok done, there doesnt even need to be a vote :rolleyes:

·
The Vodka Theme
747 Posts
same thing goes for thread of the year, look at the number of the replyes and that's it right?

actually "forum of the year" award doesn't really asks you to look at the post count. when a user picks his favorite forum he should consider the users (helpful, flamers for example), the moderators, the forum in general (responsive or not) and many other things that he may consider. that's the basic guideline (well, that's how i look at it).

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
It's not about the more posts ;)
Actually, if it was then we shouldn't choose the member of the year and just go for the member with the highest post count.

For example in open discussions, members can normaly post more than in game discussions, because the idea of that first one is so wide and contains big variety of choices. But that doesn't mean all ppl favors open over game discussions :)

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
cloudvii said:
Well, I'll vote for "Ok" as I've said before ;)
Side note : Seems like hushy's the only one hating it so far :S

Offtopic : @Samor, Why aren't the keys under pacman pressed down? Is he weightless!!? ^^"
actually, he is... almost :)

hushypushy said:
sigh, i think forum of the year is stupid, all you have to do is see which forum has the most posts in it, ok done, there doesnt even need to be a vote :rolleyes:
not really... like, I'd probably never vote for open discussion :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
you guys are missing my point, which is "what the crap is the point of forum of the year?" what does that mean? best forum? fine, i think PSX discussion is the best because i spend all my time there! thread of the year is different, you dont have to participate in it to actually like it. the thread im nominating for that is golden ;) but usually (USUALLY) the forum you like the most is the one you post in the most. and since there are an assload of "regulars" in open discussion, i have a feeling it'll be a bit skewed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.