Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone reccomend a decent and relatively cheap one? Preferably 4 slots for ram and able to use an e8400. if it had dual pci-e that would be great but not really necessary as micros are too small to fit too many. Board is for overclocking and gaming.

Friend of mine i just built a pc for gave me his extra lanbox for free which was brand new, so i figure i was gonna build a micro atx setup. Saw a few boards but didnt have high enough fsb for the cpu.

edit-figured i would mention as i didnt directly state, a 775 microatx board.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Well, ask yourself if you need the extra PCI-E slot for anything. If not, then the P5E-VM HDMI might be a better bet as it'll most likely run cooler and you won't have to worry about an immediate graphics card purchase when you get it. Plus I can say for sure that the P5E-VM HDMI is going to be quite a contender for quad-core overclocking should you want to move on to that.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well. it would be nice to run the dual gtx260(?) in the future. I was plannin to buy one then add another as i go. But im not sure. Its kinda costly. And i was plannin for an upgrade to a quad if i wasnt going for an i7. May consider the Asus board. Would come in pretty handy.

But something i didnt realise which i may look into was that the i7 already has microatx boards out. I didnt know, i may look at those and get an i7, most likely not, much more expensive for me at the moment

Edit- what do you guys think about this? its like 30$ more than the lanparty,
Newegg.com - MSI X58M LGA 1366 Intel X58 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

and the 2.6ghz i7 is only 200-ish$ basically same price as the regular quad, ehh. maybe a few $ more. oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.