Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does Paper Mario play with the screen flashin all the frickin' time?
Why in Zeld Oot when you press start it takes so friggin' long for the start sreen to come up?
Why does Killer instinct play so blasted slow?
Why does Earthworm jim play so Dung like?
Well some answers please!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
no one will help you if you are being rude like that and would specially annoy emu authors so be nice when you are asking well here is my help for you:

Paper mario is flashy becuase of a core problem and not with the GPU plugins you use and should be fixed with the next release if you really want to play it try 1964(to save use save states) or Apollo(haven't tried it here but it was said that it works with it)

Zelda's long pause in the menu screen is an emulation fault ever since the first version if you want to make it faster try changing betwwen internal or external transforms(depend on which one is faster on you) or you can play it in UltraHle and its other hacks which has no problem with the menu

KI is known to be slow try older versions of PJ if you found a faster one or you can upgrade your PC

EWJ... well I don't like it so can't help you there..

if you have more questions try this site before posting here:Smiff's N64 emu support site

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
1) Why does Paper Mario play with the screen flashin all the frickin' time?

have u paid the emu authors? if u havent, go to www.pj64.net and press the "donate" button and follow all he instructions.After u have done that, wait for the next version and u should see somethings different.

2) Why in Zeld Oot when you press start it takes so friggin' long for the start sreen to come up?

this is weird, do u own the original cartridge? if u dont, go and buy one, and this will solve the problem.

3) Why does Killer instinct play so blasted slow?

hmm.. remember to delete the roms after 24 hour if u dont own the cartridge, this can solve the problem.

4) Why does Earthworm jim play so Dung like?

what?

·
Registered
158 Posts
u dont need to donate to play pj64 1.4 . donating will just mean u will be involved with beta testing only WHEN pj64 1.4 is basically ready for release, which could be ages.

and yup those games all hav issues. if u wanna better idea of wat DOES work well, visit www.smiff.clara.net, look at the compat. list and the known issues, and the faq if u hav lots of probs with the emu.

-zelda start prob is annoying, but it doesnt occur in majoras mask.
so get that game to keep u bust and play OoT on superHLE or ultraHLE while u wait for 1.4, as the gfx on those emus is practically perfect for OoT
-the flickering problem in ANY game that suffers from this bug has been fixed in private builds of the new version (says so on smiffs site), and that includes Paper Mario. so u can guarantee that the game will work pretty damn well in the next version.
-well according to smiffs site (known issues) the slowdown in goldeneye has been fixed, and slowdown in games like 1080 and doom64 hav also been fixed, so im guessing killer instinct is included somewhere here.
-earthworm jim runs fine on 1964 (if uve got win2k/xp), and should run fine on pj64 1.2.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmghmmm....

That wasn't the greatest of help but thanks anyway.
I already beat Zelda Oot using UltraHLE but the cheats were SO limiited.And nightmere yes I own Zelda Oot and the rest it's just I don't have a gameshark so emulation is my window of oppertunity.

·
Registered
158 Posts
ah so its cheats ya want!!!

use 1964 for some games as it has a really good cheat base, better than pj64's.

but...u might find that u will be very happy with the next pj64 if its cheats ya want

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah I can't get 1964 to run ok on my PC either... and for the games that do work on it, they are actually play worst than on PJ64.

I can't get Nemu to start at all on my PC either... and I heard this emulator is pretty good.

UHLE same thing. It won't even load the roms... arrrrg

says something about my video even when using the Glide wrapper

So much for N64 emulation... PJ64 seems the bets option but I still have lots of problems getting it to run the games at over 40fps on my PC

Ridge Race 64 plays at 35fps on my Athlon 1.4Ghz @ 1.55Ghz and with a Geforce 2 GTS, Cruisn' World Plays at 39-40fps

Mario 64 runs 60/60 and Mario Party 3 and some others so I guess is the emulator that has problems with those games and they run slow.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by saulin
Yeah I can't get 1964 to run ok on my PC either... and for the games that do work on it, they are actually play worst than on PJ64.

I can't get Nemu to start at all on my PC either... and I heard this emulator is pretty good.

UHLE same thing. It won't even load the roms... arrrrg

says something about my video even when using the Glide wrapper

So much for N64 emulation... PJ64 seems the bets option but I still have lots of problems getting it to run the games at over 40fps on my PC

Ridge Race 64 plays at 35fps on my Athlon 1.4Ghz @ 1.55Ghz and with a Geforce 2 GTS, Cruisn' World Plays at 39-40fps

Mario 64 runs 60/60 and Mario Party 3 and some others so I guess is the emulator that has problems with those games and they run slow.
Start a thread about your problems(not all of them at the same time, please) and we will try to help you get the emus working fine. You have a very powerful pc, so all games and all emus should work fine.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Cajunspirit , you should now that is againt's the rules totell where to get roms , I can only confirm that it exists , try google , and you'll find it !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts