Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be because of the plugins I'm using? Or does the latest version have lower compatibility? I noticed the games in question have a bunch of errors listed in the debug window, but 1.0.0 loads them anyway while 1.0.3 just hangs there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK then, Grandia 2, Rayman 2 (although I can't save for some reason), Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue and Crazy Taxi all work for me in 1.0.0 but not 1.0.3. Soul Calibur, Ikaruga and Jet Grind Radio were the only games that I could get to work in 1.0.3.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, that fixed Rayman 2 (still can't save), Crazy Taxi (music stops after a short period using ElSemi's plugin, wasn't an issue in 1.0.0 using the older plugins) Shenmue and Skies, but Grandia 2 still hangs.

EDIT: Looks like the music dropping out affects Shenmue also, guess I should probably try switching plugins.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
All of the above mentioned games are supposed to work. Just mess with the plugins and the various options a bit when something goes wrong. The saving issue on Rayman is a known issue however...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK, I did some more testing and none of the three sound plugins seem optimal. Elsemi's plugin causes the music to stop playing, the sound stutters/repeats using the Null plugin, and while the Chankast plugin's output seemed to be the best of the three, it also disabled the frame limiter for some reason which makes the games run way to fast, and I don't see an option to turn it back on. Is there a way to prevent this from happening, or are there any other alternatives for audio playback? Much appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the increase buffer size fix for Vista.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.