Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently a 'few' people have been able to go in-game with FFX, with this 'exit>run>execute' trick. The problem with this is that you'd have to do it on every bit of speech, so to help I have worked out a simple patch to skip all spoken material in FFX and thus get you ingame and through the game to the first video (as that can't be so easily patched :D ).

This requires PSdis, and some common sense! :D

Firstly load up PSdis, and pop the FFX disc into your DVD drive, and load up the main game ELF (should look similiar to SCES_504.90 ), the main screen of PS2 dis will turn blue, don't panic, this is good.

Click on Analyzer>Invoke Analyzer. Wait a few moments for it to run:

Click on Edit>Jump to Labelled. and then in the top box, type "INIT VOICE" and press return.

Then it will jump to an address, this is not what your patching however, next simply press 'space'. This marks the position of this address. (The line goes grey)

Then goto Analyzer>Jump to Previous Referrer. This jumps to a line that reads

li a0, $0056a380 ("INIT VOICE")

The line below that should read:

jal $00125560 (-714^FNC_00125560) (or similiar)

This is the line you need to patch, so make a note of it's address (in this case 00126088), and create a patch for it along the lines of:

patch=0,EE,xxxxxxxx,word,00000000 (xxxxxxxx being the address you just noted down)

Here is the patch I made:

A39517AB.pnach
gametitle=Final Fantasy X [SLES 50490][PAL-UK]
comment=Skips Voice Initialisation
//skip INIT VOICE
patch=0,EE,00126088,word,00000000

Please note, whilst this personally got me beyond the intro and into the game it's not been tested that well, and may not work with your version of FFX, but it's worth giving a try :D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Nope, the patch in the patch folder is a //skip INIT SOUND, not //skip INIT VOICE.
I just deleted it :p

*EDIT*

Made patches for both FFX US and FFX International JAP.

So far, only tried on FFX US, and, while I can pass the intro, it won't go further, just idles @ ~60fps, hopefully FFX Internation JAP will behave differently.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ok just one question. around what frame should i start to see any graphics after the selection of the sphere grid

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF, this is a patch to skip a 'specific' bug in FINAL FANTASY X, so errm...no ;)

A skip "SOUND INIT" patch does exist for Final Fantasy X-2, which will allow you to get into the menus, your best bet is using the handy search feature :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts