Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have this stupid idea, but at least an idea. Since our dear martin is more or less dead and stalled no$gba development, why not someone form a team to create something like Nds2xgl or myZoom but goes even further? Maybe that way wi-fi and other features can be added. And if martin ever revive, give him the source of whatever is created, then he can add it into no$gba. Just an idea, hope someone actually consider it.

·
No$gba Philosopher
547 Posts
Hi. I have this stupid idea, but at least an idea. Since our dear martin is more or less dead and stalled no$gba development, why not someone form a team to create something like Nds2xgl or myZoom but goes even further? Maybe that way wi-fi and other features can be added. And if martin ever revive, give him the source of whatever is created, then he can add it into no$gba. Just an idea, hope someone actually consider it.
Go ahead, and see if that team understands what Martin is trying to achieve.

He only wants to accurately replicate the hardware into a software emulator, plus with an added bonus of debugging homebrew games for hobby developers.

Why not try understanding the logic on how stuffs work? Wi-Fi itself is pretty advanced, much advanced than the old NES Martin wanted to finish emulating on. He still hasn't completed the NES, so why bother working on something much more complicated? (GBA games with NES games packed into 1 rom. Such as the Kunio-kun series from the defunct Technos Corp.)

And if he were to "revive", giving him the source code to implement a Wi-Fi is practically a daydream. Why? Can anyone out there knows how to do assembly, and can figure out how to emulate a Wi-Fi? Probably not. Emulation requires something that's there, like a data or file. But Wi-Fi isn't. We, at this point, can only fool a game that we have Wi-Fi (Ideas and its Wi-Fi plugin), however we can't do something that's out of Martin's limitations.

For now, just be more realistic and stay out of those ideas, like Wi-Fi and stuff. If there's an emulator that can nearly 100% emulate a PS3, I'll give you my words that emulating a Wi-Fi is "easier done than said." (Emphasizing how hard it is, and how long for you to wait for that to happen.)

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its just an idea... Sorry for the rudeness I must be getting severely impatient waiting for anything from a beep to an update from martin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.