Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you one day decided to play just about every Resident Evil just to get the full side of the story, be it with roms, consoles or even the PC; you'd probably have just about a whole year to yourself. To be honest, I've never met anyone that has played every single one; or that would.

Only read if you've played a few of the games:

Now, lets talk T-virus, the main strain; yes sir. No one has really revealed to me how the T-virus has anything to do with the las plagas or better yet how las plagas has anything to do with Umbrella. Is Capcom taking all of the risks and leaving Resident Evil 5 to do all of the clearing up? Why was Leon sent to deal with the kidnapping of the president's daughter rather than someone else or an entire swat team when no initial information was known about the plagas or T-virus before the incident? How did Wesker and his team know about the plagas and why do they want it?

There's tons of hints and hooplahs. I still don't get over why Krauser was even there to begin with. Sure yes, he was there to investigate.

I don't mean to be cliffhanged but I honestly do feel like it. Resident Evil 4 left on a sour note; not enough info and no real ties to the major storyline besides re-occurring characters. I liked the game, I really did. Any input?

(clear me up if I'm wrong on any of this, I'm doing this from memory)

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
"No one has really revealed to me how the T-virus has anything to do with the las plagas or better yet how las plagas has anything to do with Umbrella."

Not related at all. Las Plagas was a parasite who was stuck in that little Spanish village for god knows how long until the villains of RE4 decided to undig it and use it to enslave other villagers.

"Why was Leon sent to deal with the kidnapping of the president's daughter rather than someone else or an entire swat team when no initial information was known about the plagas or T-virus before the incident?"

Leon was sent because he proved his worth back in RE2 and probably in some later mission. He was their top agent or something. Also, he has a cool jacket.

He was sent alone because if they had sent an entire team of guys in helmets and blue uniforms Ashley would get killed by the main villain. Leon basicaly had the role of Solid Snake. One man mission where the enemy mustn't figure out you're on his turf.

"How did Wesker and his team know about the plagas and why do they want it?"

Wesker knows everything. He's been working on T-Virus and all that **** since the beggining. He probably wants las plagas because it holds some vital information for the advance of his own virus or something.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Like Densetsu said if you watch the intro in RE 4 and if you've seen RE Degeneration you would have noticed that leon became one of the top agents under direct orders from the President of the USA. As for why Wesker apeared in Re 4 ? well why did he started with the T-virus because it was a viral weapon wich could make someone rich las plagas could also be used as a viral weapon and as you see it ofered better control on the hosts than the T-virus he could have made a huge fortune of that off course he wanted a piece of the pie ;)

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was sent alone because if they had sent an entire team of guys in helmets and blue uniforms Ashley would get killed by the main villain. Leon basicaly had the role of Solid Snake. One man mission where the enemy mustn't figure out you're on his turf.
From my understanding, the Los Illuminados had no intention of killing Ashley to begin with, weren't their options to infect her with a plagas and send her to America to corrupt the President?

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Well yes Los Illuminados had no intention of killing Ashley but i got a question where do you found that out ? Answer: when you first enter the church after you rescue Ashley and meet Sandler for the first time he tells you a little about he's malefic plans.
Conclusion: in game you found that out but unfortunatelly you dont start with that info which was the reason Leon was sent in alone they had no idea it was a "standard" kidnaping and they asked a "standard" ransom for both reason (it could bring them some extra cash (you also hear this from Sandler in the curch) and it doesent give room for suspicions about alternetive reasons for the kidnaping Ashley. Got to say for an insane priest he really thought about everything :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
U havent met anyone who has played all the RE games? I have played and beaten all the games, same with Tomb raider. as I have been around when each one was released from the beginning.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Ada got the sample and she is working for Wesker, IIRC.
Well played that part in re 4 but dont forget she is the master of betrayl at least it seems she is working for wesker but thats one crazy woman you never know what she's gona do next :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts