Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I backuped my memcards and reinstalled ePSXe. Now when I play Crash Bandicoot 3 and try to load my previous save it asks me to format my memcard. If I say no, I can't load my save. If I say yes, it format's the memcard and then there is no savegames left.

Anything I can do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same Problem and maybe a Solution?

I have the same problem as you do. I have ePSXe 1.7.0 (I have a topic on this with my specs and everything), and I was playing Digimon World at the time. I almost beat the game -- I used savestate and normal save, and everything was fine -- but then all of a sudden it asked to format my memory card! It has done this twice already. When you would save your game, did you close ePSXe correctly when you were done playing? (Press ESC -> File -> Exit) Did you use savestate too much? Apparently, I've been told that using savestate can cause this...but I have no official confirmation of that. Does anyone know if it's true, and if so is there a solution to this whole problem?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
savestates can damage the memory card if the state becomes unstable.

This is why you should memory card save and restart the emulator to load natively every so often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.