Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's actually a few things I like to ask you guys.

First, I like your opinion on this site: www.mei-microcenter.com
The things they sell there seems pretty cheap and I was wondering if the merchandise was actually any good.

Second, since FF10 has been release in japan has any been able to secure the theme song of FF10 in mp3 format? and I mean the *real* theme song, not the fake one. hehe

Lastly, my 15" monitor just blew up yesterday (don't ask) so i'm using my old old old 14" monitor for the time being. I like your advise and opinion on what monitor I should get.
Some prereq's I had in mind are as follows:
must be 19" (18" viewable at least)
.24 dot pitch Aperture Grille
must support no less then a max res of 1600x1200
my budget is about 300 bucks give or take 50.

Please Advise me
Thanx :)
thanx

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
First, I don't know about that site you posted. Second, I don't know of any good moniters or where to buy them because I have had my same 19" one for 4 years now, and am still happy with it. It cam with my old 333mhz Celeron peice of crap that I got from gateway a few years ago.

S

·
0 Posts
I've no knowledge of the site you posted, so I can't help you there. But on the monitors, if you are willing to lower your sights a bit, then might I suggest the ViewSonic 17 inch monitor. This is the one I am using. It has a 16" viewable area, will do the resolution you require, and you can pick one up for around $200 to $250 US dollars. If you think you could make do with one of these, then I urge you to give it a try. If not, oh well, I tried.
One other thing, please be patient about people responding. Sometimes it takes a while, or people have to read your post, think about it, and then respond. I'm an administrator here and I can tell you that impatience will get you no where.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I know how you feel. I had a 15" monitor blow up on me over a year ago. Then again the thing had been dicing with death for a few months before. I bought a phillips 17" very reliable mionitor. Maybe you should look atb their 19" model.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
1. real FFX theme song can be found in various fileshare programs.

2. cheap monitors suck

3. im over 15 posts already! time to put pretty Belldandy's mug in the avatar slot! :)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well when I say "Blew up" it was more of a pop than a big bang :D
That said it was 7 years old so I think it was definately past its 'sell by' date. It was terrible anyways, 'cos after 2 years the on/off switch broke so for the last 5 years I had to switch it off at the wall socket.:eyes:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot. I got my fav review mag today and as luck would have it this months special was 19" monitors (strange how these things happen ain't it;) ) Ok they recommend CTX PR960F. This monitor got 90% and has all of your prereqs (in fact its the only one mentioned with a .24 dot pitch Aperture Grille.) The problem is the cost, quoted here as £372.47 ($527.344). But that said companies over here have a very annoying habit of charging us in £ what they charge you in $ so you might find it in the us for($370).

Either way checking out the website coudn't hurt.

www.ctxeurope.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx a bunch for everyone's reply and input about what monitor to get. Actually I think I could probably do without aperture grille and settle for something maybe less. Currently I'm comtemplating between these possible candidates:

1. Samsung 955DF

2. HiTachi CM-771

3. KDS VS19SN

What do you guys think of these monitors? have any of you used them; are they any good?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's the price?

how much do those monitors cost? if it's over 350 us bucks then forget it. it's out of my price range.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
I've had my KDS monitor for 4 years now with NO problems. Very reliable manufacturing. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts