Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i for one wanted to ask, is there any GBA emulators that allow for link play? no$GBA gave me a lot of problems, and i never quite got it working.....

Why do i get a message when starting up certain gba games such as, pokemon sapphire, that the internal battery has run dry?

I also noticed that ruby, sapphire, firered, and leafgreen all appear to be trying to use the same save file.....any idea whats up with that?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Well i for one wanted to ask, is there any GBA emulators that allow for link play? no$GBA gave me a lot of problems, and i never quite got working.....

NoGBA is a pain to get working, and it can't even load seperate roms,
VBA- Link can do it, but incorrectly set you'll never link

Why do i get a message when starting up certain gba games such as, pokemon sapphire, that the internal battery has run dry?

Because your save settings are incorrect

I also noticed that ruby, sapphire, firered, and leafgreen all appear to be trying to use the same save file.....any idea whats up with that?

You broke it? the save file is generally the same as the rom, minus the file extension.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
delete the nogba cfg/ini file and start a fresh configuration.

those pokemon games require 128KB flash ram for the save type. sapphire ruby and emerald also require RTC.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Real Time Clock.

if you go into the VBA board, theres a stickied thread at the top where you can download a file which presets any games which requires special options to get them to work

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
okay cool. I looked around the VBA options a lot more, found the save file type, and altered it to flash 128k. The games are now no longer attempting to share saves lol.

upon yet more inspection i found a real time clock option and checking it fixed the internal battery problem. That only leaves the question of how to link play gba games via emulator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.