Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've beat both games but a few things don't seem to add up to me. I feel like I've stumbled across some loopholes in the storyline that just don't work out. I want to see if any of you know.

#1: It's well known that when a heartless is created that a nobody is created. In that case Roxas is Sora's nobody but Sora isn't a heartless, so how is this possible? If Sora isn't a heartless then how is Roxas his nobody?

#2: If Sora is the keyblade master, chosen child; whatever; then why can Mikey, and Rikku use a keyblade? Also, in the teaser trailor for 3, why are hundreds of keyblades everywhere? If Sora is the only one that can use one, then what is the point of fighting over them?

o_O

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
#1: Sora was turned into a heartless in Kingdom Hearts 1. You do the math.

#2: That question should be answered either in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep on PSP or Kingdom Hearts 3 (whenever that comes out).

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the answer to #1 but I find it a little irrelevant.
If he isn't a heartless anymore then how does Roxas even exist? I understand Roxas' creation or rather it would be logical to consider that Mikey, Kairi and the gang magical'd up him a new nobody to house his heart rather than fusing his heart with Roxas.

I see two nobodies here.
Sora's original nobody = Roxas
Sora turns into a heartless and needs a nobody to house the heart or a new body or whatever so Mikey and the gang "love" him up one?

Also, how can Sora turn into a heartless sometimes using "Drive" in KH2? Does he still harbor some heartless power?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
honestly? i dont think you can take the whole plot too seriously. when KH1 was made, there was absolutely no intention of having anything like nobodies. thats evident ebcause of all the clues they put into the remix edition later so the games would make sense together. likewise, whatever questions you have about KH3 will only make sense when that game is out.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
In Kingdom Hearts I, Sora turned into a Heartless, thus Roxas was born. But Kairi gave Sora's heart back, so he reverted back to half of his true self, apparently.

There was no record about a Heartless ever getting its heart back, so Sora's condition was exceptional, and he was neither human, Heartless, or a Nobody.

Then the events following up through Kingdom Hearts: COM were to force Sora and Roxas back into each other, thus making them whole again. As for why Sora could still become a Heartless, it should be because the Sora - Roxas unification was not complete, it took a while before their memories and minds synchronized completely, which was denoted with one of the last FMVs in Kingdom Hearts 2.

As for Sora being a chosen one, it never mentioned that he was the only one. Throughout history, there were many others like him, thus... it's only natural that an ex-chosen key wielder or a current key wielder would show up, thus... King Mickey and Riku are there.

Also you didn't count the fact that Kairi can also wield a Keyblade.

Plus IIRC, it's said that Keyblades choose their master. That should explain why Sora is a chosen one. A Keyblade wielder is not a special person, a certain Keyblade just chose to follow him. That should also explain why Sora can obtain different keychains and change your Keyblade's form in the game.

That would also explain why Sora could use Riku's Keyblade at some point.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
#2: If Sora is the keyblade master, chosen child; whatever; then why can Mikey, and Rikku use a keyblade? Also, in the teaser trailor for 3, why are hundreds of keyblades everywhere? If Sora is the only one that can use one, then what is the point of fighting over them?
Multiple Keyblade masters can exist at any one time, even
Kairi can use a keyblade (KH2)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts