Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been emulating breath of fire 4 in vgs for quite a while now, and have encountered no serious problems, until yesterday.
I have just reached part 5 in chapter 2, going into the shrine east of the plains, and now whenever I get into a battle Ryu and Nina seem to sort of clone each other and switch. In battle, Ryu has Nina's graphics and Fou-Lu's transformation graphics - but the dragon form looks like a screwed up image of Nina or someone else in the party. After the battle, Ryu (who now has Nina's portrait) and Nina get level ups, Nina becomes Ryu with his equipment and skills, and Ryu becomes level 0 with 0 max HP and AP and no equipment or skills, and dies immediatly in the next battle. I have tried battling in different areas, but the same thing happens. It does not seem to be something from having 5 characters b/c I had 5 in some battles coming out of Castle Ludia w/ Cray and they worked fine. I've also tried saving again, fishing, de-equiping items and skills, etc, but nothing seems to prevent this. I would try epsxe or bleem, but bleem says my cd is not a playstation game (it IS the original!) and epsxe gives me the "demo not found" error some other people here say they have. epsxe with an iso loads the game but the controller does not respond.
So: does anyone have any help? Has anyone had similar problems? And does anyone have better advice for Demo Not Found than "fiddle with the cd plugins"?

·
Registered
54 Posts
never had a problem like that the only problem i've got only i can't teleport with X button on the map.

KALISTO (Hackers) :mg:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I loaded up a previous save and played through, and the bug did not happen again... so I am forced to conclude it was a problem with the save file and not anything else.
If anyone wants the save to look at let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts