Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, recently I got a problem several times with my card, it stared happening few days ago... in short, sometimes when I'm playing, the game freezes my comp and when I try to reboot it, it says that "the power cable blablablah is not connected", of course it is, but it won't reboot until I _touch_ the cable a little.

I've guessed its a contact problem in the connectors, but not sure...
I don't feel likfe unplugging the cable (on 128bits version it's floppy type, not molex, and it's fcking hard to unplug without killing the card)
what should I do?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Your PSU.... much cop?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno what you mean with 'much cop' :p
My PSU works fine and always did. It's a 300-360w and I bought it like 1-2 years ago.
If it was a problem with it my CPU would crash quite often too, but my PC is VERY stable
beside that new problem :s
Any idea?

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
try removing it, lift it away from the card slightly when you remove it, the reason its so stiff is because there is a clip on the underside of the connector, so you have to lift it away slightly to clear the clip.

it sounds like you have a dodgy cable or PSU, id check your cables first, maybe try getting a doubler adaptor for the molex plugs that has a floppy connector on it and using that one.

also i suggest monitoring your psu voltages with MBM or something

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My voltages are right, but I checked them just to be sure, here they're
+12 = ~12.5
+5 = ~4.85
+3.3 = ~3.25
Vcore = 1.68, never changes, and if it changed that's not my GC that would crash :p

>> try removing it, lift it away from the card slightly when you remove it, the reason its so stiff is because there is a clip on the underside of the connector, so you have to lift it away slightly to clear the clip.

I'll try that next time it crashes, thx

>> it sounds like you have a dodgy cable or PSU, id check your cables first

That's what I think too, though it's hard to believe that the cable can move that much with just the vibrations from the fan :p

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
I had a similar problem. I solved it by moving to another connector - that one was flaky.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks, my post could seem noobish, but who knows... it could have been a manufacturing defectuosity in the card itself so I wanted to be sure ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts