Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I formatted the memory card successfully with MCKiller from ps2newz, you must use interpreter mode for that!
http://nachbrenner.pcsx2.net/mckiller.7z ("7-ZIP" can be decompressed with current WinRAR)

btw The quickiest way to go to the MC screen is using the "Matrix Infinity Manager"

I tried to save in "Super-Bust-A-Move" but it results in corrupted data :(
When trying to copy the save with "Codebreaker 8" (hey, where do i plug-in my USB stick :eyemove: ) it asks about overwriting.
Also if you delete saves from MC2 in BIOS it actually deletes from both MC.

I think instead of using both MC files, PCSX2 treats MC1 as MC1 and MC2 simultaneously? In other words "mc002.mc2" is not used - watch the time stamp in Windows for that.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
you're right nach, we only use the first mc by now, and if you use the second one it will actually read/write from the first.

·
B( o Y o )BS!
895 Posts
AFAIK, pcsx2 only emulates one memcard for now... that has been that way since memcard emulation was added IIRC :p

EDIT: oops I'm way too late... (this page was open for some hours :p)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Another thing:
i managed to dump ROM2 and EROM with a custom PUKKO.ELF
Then i noticed that the first half of ROM2 is the same as ROM1,
the rest of ROM2 and EROM seem to contain only random data, at least i found no MIPS code. So what's the actual purpose of those?

·
B( o Y o )BS!
895 Posts
I did the same yesterday. matt said that in my ps2 version rom2 was the same as rom1. He didn't say anything about the rest of the data :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts