Next Generation Emulation banner

65c to 20c in 10 seconds= Vista crash

703 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Phil 
#1 ·
I decided to fool around with my temps lol.

The 20c I achieved with my basement door open (My computer is situated right next to the door in my walk out basement).. The super cold air chilled my pc so violently that I actually heard the case warp from the heat dissipation :lol:

Test Procedure. I cranked up the heat in my house to a steady 85 degrees (The furnace room sits directly behind my computer room). I turned on my portable space heater for added effect. The air blowing out of my radiator was warm (a clear sign that my cpu is cooking).

Then I opened my basement door, killed both the heat sources, took off my case door and removed the fan filters.

Viola! A 45 degree drop in temps :D. Unfortunately Vista refused to boot. So I couldnt run any tests. But the mobo has a feature to show temps. (It shows temps on the high side compared with TaT and other apps)

Here are some pics.

Cooling down

20c :p

Vista gives me this (but safe mode works for some reason :p)

Has any of you guys tried anything weird/extreme like this to see whattemps you get?? If so, post them :p

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.