1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys this is my first post here
although i dont think i will be posting in the future
i've read most of the threads here and this is what i,ve seen
this forum is full of evil guys :mad: yeah really , the chankast forum is alot easier to ask in and get answers without all this fights about rules and stuff :innocent:
(i'm not discussing the rules )but why is it so forbiden to ask for the specs that pscx will use(i know this is a very early stage nothing is predictable yet but why will people start fighting as soon as they hear questions like these
u guys can easily just say we dont know and nobody does and i think thats enough .
and why r all this rules will sony sue u guys and destroy this website if sombody knew when the next version of pcsx2 will be available
i hope i didnt break any rule and i really dont intend to and i know its even early to Discuss the whole ps2 emulation .

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>(i'm not discussing the rules )but why is it so forbiden to ask for the specs that pscx will use(i know this is a very early stage nothing is predictable yet but why will people start fighting as soon as they hear questions like these

Because it happened so often, it drove everyone mad. Some people (including myself) speculated on possible machine specs, which n00bs for some reason believed accurate, even when it waas mentoioned that it was a guess at best.

>and why r all this rules will sony sue u guys and destroy this website if sombody knew when the next version of pcsx2 will be available
i hope i didnt break any rule and i really dont intend to and i know its even early to Discuss the whole ps2 emulation .

No, but it's annoying as hell for everyone when every random person which chances the forums asks 'when is the next version due?', as most people like that tend not to search for thier answers.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Any why would you want to know the spec anyway? Can't you see the games are running at single digit frame rate? :???:

·
Registered
13 Posts
it's not against the rules to ask for the specs, but it's pointless speculation and has been done dozens of times... no matter how many times it has been stated that "we don't know and that no one knows" the specs it keeps getting asked... you're right about the evil people part though... this forum seems pointless to me... nearly every post is some newbie asking something against the rules, followed by newbie bashing, and finally a thread closing... i only come here to read them because i find them somewhat amusing

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
exactly, there is NO minimum at the moment, nobody actually knows, but the nearest idea you can get is "as fast as you possibly can!"

but im sure questions like these are answered in the FAQ or by the rules page.

Altho most threads in this forum seem to be to do with game compatability, which at this point, expect nothing to work until the emulator advances.

what makes me laugh is when people ask why San Andreas doesnt work when its blatantly written in the rules in bright pink that it does :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am somewhat in agreement with deamonhunter and Paull.

As this forum is publicly open to anyone who has interest in emulation, stupid questions are unavoidable. Being harsh on a newbie is seem somewhat cruell to me.

Don't forget that, the main concept in the forum is to help (technically) to the writers of the emulations. Almost 90 percent of the forum threads "does not satisfy" that need. And you see same silly questions "which were answered in the forum rules" over and over again.

However, I believe, The writers have an other password protected forum that can comminicate with elite members, and can get technical feedback "with a good standard".

I see this forum as an amusement for some moderators or administrators to display their inside anger to the childs of the forum. I must admit that, I also look at the forum to see, how many people got warning or got banned by Bositman. It's kind of an amusement. (I believe I will also see the face of Bositman today !) :)

Final words, keep up the good work guys, be happy, be easy on newbie.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
FFmania said:
I am somewhat in agreement with deamonhunter and Paull.

As this forum is publicly open to anyone who has interest in emulation, stupid questions are unavoidable. Being harsh on a newbie is seem somewhat cruell to me.

Don't forget that, the main concept in the forum is to help (technically) to the writers of the emulations. Almost 90 percent of the forum threads "does not satisfy" that need. And you see same silly questions "which were answered in the forum rules" over and over again.

However, I believe, The writers have an other password protected forum that can comminicate with elite members, and can get technical feedback "with a good standard".

I see this forum as an amusement for some moderators or administrators to display their inside anger to the childs of the forum. I must admit that, I also look at the forum to see, how many people got warning or got banned by Bositman. It's kind of an amusement. (I believe I will also see the face of Bositman today !) :)

Final words, keep up the good work guys, be happy, be easy on newbie.....
I too think that the PCSX2 forum is somewhat redundant. Any kind of interesting speculation is strictly verboten, the public release is so old and irrelevant to the current copy that talking about it is pointless, and since the authors don't use it to give us any specific progress, everybody just feels somewhat out of the picture. The forum is really no more than a post-lock fest, and as others have said, I also really just check it out randomly in hopes of anything new or at least to see the usually amusing questions of people who think the emulator is supposed to work.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Sigh. Threads like this seem to occur from time to time. I shall try to answer the questions raised from our point of view.

i've read most of the threads here and this is what i,ve seen
this forum is full of evil guys ... yeah really , the chankast forum is alot easier to ask in and get answers without all this fights about rules and stuff

Well in general this would be the case of the folks here not being really evil, and moreso the case of the guys here being really frustrated. Comparing the two projects, there is a disinct difference in the current memberbase. Chankast is a dreamcast emu, a system that has been discontinued. Becuase of this it's memberbase tend to be more "tradional" emu users, ie interested in preservation of the system, more tolerant/patient towards developers and (for the want of a better word) mature. In comparision, the ps2 is still a production machine. This has the side effect of attacting the bad as well as the good. People who don't give a monkey about emulation and whatnot. People who only care about getting a free lunch. It is ironic (especially considering they are getting something for nothing) that such people are usually the first to complain out their consumer rights. It becomes incredibly frustrating to deal with such people day in day out, especially considering we have the information they ask about on the access page. It is equally frustrating given the attitude they give to us, and I admit some ppl become overzealous becuase of this. It is unfortunate, I agree, but that is the way the world works.

u guys can easily just say we dont know and nobody does and i think thats enough .

As Kane stated, we wish it WAS enough. Eg// only last week we had one guy who we told on no fewer than 3 occasions that he couldn't play games, yet he still opened a 4th thread. We had to ban him just to get him to shut up. If presented with such inepitude, I am sure you would be as frustrated as we are.

his forum seems pointless to me... nearly every post is some newbie asking something against the rules, followed by newbie bashing, and finally a thread closing...

Well I have to admit that unfortunately the vast majority of threads are that way, but now and again you actually get a usefull thread. That alone should be enough to warrant its existance. Besides that the authors requested it's existance. If it proved to be a total waste to them I am sure it would have been abandonded by now. Finally when the project develops to a certain point, more of the threads will evolve into useful discusions.

Correct. People with beta tester, author, super beta tester, super moderator or administrator status have access to the beta test forum. However it is not as widely used as you would think. Most development work is irc based.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I've got an idea :) to stick this thread, maybe it'll be more helpfull than rules (just need to rename it) what do you admins/mods think?

·
Registered
82 Posts
KanedA said:
I've got an idea :) to stick this thread, maybe it'll be more helpfull than rules (just need to rename it) what do you admins/mods think?
I think a big problem is that people that are new here figure "screw reading the rules, it'll be your usual no-swearing, no flamewars, no blah blah blah", and skip the rules because they're named "rules".

I seriously think a ~50 pixel header under the bar with the "User CP FAQ Member List Calender..." links containing the following in bold bright pink (heh) would be the best:

1. DO NOT ASK FOR THE NEW VERSION OR FACE A BAN
2. DO NOT ASK FOR THE BIOS OR FACE A BAN
3. DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY GAME NOT WORKING OR FACE A BAN
4. DO NOT ASK FOR ANY GAMES/ROMS/WAREZ OR FACE A BAN

Seriously, I think the rules thread gets horrible exposure.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
oh I forgot, I'd rename it for: "ALL TRUTH ABOUT PCSX2" .... or something like that, and yes, title should be written with capitals :)

S

·
0 Posts
maybe this should be a hidden forum then, only restricted to a special group of ppl (or like, only for ppl who have over 100 posts) since it seems to serve little more purpose as an annoyance right now.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
or you have to pass a test/quiz and if your result will be positive, than you will have access to this forum :D

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
KanedA said:
oh I forgot, I'd rename it for: "ALL TRUTH ABOUT PCSX2" .... or something like that, and yes, title should be written with capitals :)
I tried that. It didn't help for sqat. That's why I made it show up everytime you tried to access the forum.

samor said:
maybe this should be a hidden forum then, only restricted to a special group of ppl (or like, only for ppl who have over 100 posts) since it seems to serve little more purpose as an annoyance right now.
I tried that. We ended up getting complaints from the authors, plus everyone just posted in the other ps2 areas.

KanedA said:
or you have to pass a test/quiz and if your result will be positive, than you will have access to this forum
There's no way in hell I'm trying that :D. Besides being next to impossible to implement without super administrator privleges (and even then a pain in the ass), I suspect it wouldn't make an iota of difference. :p

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
so there's no way? baside huge rocket launcher with nukes for all those bad ,rules-breaking n00bs ? :evil:

·
Banned
784 Posts
I think the owner of this forum,the admins and mods should sit down and rewrite the rules of this forum.It's too strict.Things can be made flexible without everything going out of control.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
they'd need lots of beer ;) for that meeting :D (BTW. we should make some NGEmu forum members meeting :p)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yes, there's one rule that needs to be added: all admins should partake in copius amounts of alcohol.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Dukelord said:
I think the owner of this forum,the admins and mods should sit down and rewrite the rules of this forum.It's too strict.Things can be made flexible without everything going out of control.
Well you are entitled to your opinion. However there are others with the opinion that things are already out of control. We believe the current set provides the best balance.

I feel I should inform you that these rules were revised not too long ago. Eg// we dropped the 1 thread 1 ban idea, and rewrote everything so they are not as forceful.

KanedA said:
they'd need lots of beer ;) for that meeting :D (BTW. we should make some NGEmu forum members meeting :p)
Great now we have a union to deal with :D. BTW there wasn't any booze at that meeting ;).

1 - 20 of 64 Posts