Next Generation Emulation banner

Which time period did you like the most?

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
80's .Cause the music was the best and then i can wear tight leather pants,leather jacket,boots,long greasy hair and sing glam metal (Motley Crue,Kiss,Ratt etc) and not look wierd
Excluding some of the 80's music you pretty much listed the things I hate in the 80's... Hair and dress style was just horrible... I think leather pants are only good if they're worn by women, I know it sounds sexist but men+leather pants=:spy:

And before you say anything I hate rap, pop and pretty much all of their side categories, rock and heavymetal are my kind of music. I just don't really like most of the style involved, like men wearing leather pants.

·
!
6,312 Posts
Yes a little bit,Im more of a Motley Crue fan.
Let me guess...you probably listen to highschool musical,Jonas brothers and Justin Timberlake :lol:
if i listen to these i'll be proud,at least they're human,Not like these animals,Kiss are gays/sissy/****, why? because they like singing without clothes.whata animals.;)

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
I voted 80's.

My life was greatest in 1991, but 80's... there are so many great memories.

Home computers were great. MSX, C64... No need to suffer from all the Windows-problems. :lol: I didn't like casettes very much and 3½ disks were luxury stuff :(. Luckily I didn't need to mess around with either. I was too young to understand anything about saving files. :D

In 90's, everything got worse. My life from 1994 to 1998 was too bad... What about the music? It was all pop: Spice Girls and so on. 90's didn't really rock no more.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
The world was devoid of my existence till the 90s, so clearly that era gets my vote :p

·
mmm... Mammoth steak
87 Posts
if i listen to these i'll be proud,at least they're human,Not like these animals,Kiss are gays/sissy/****, why? because they like singing without clothes.whata animals.;)
Who cares about that stuff if their music was awesome ,dont judge their music by the way they dress and what they do and look like at their live performances (then you'd probably think that they scream a lot with superfast random guitar notes playing in the background(they dont)) and a lot of people listen to Elton John and he's gay

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
As far as music goes, the 80s, because it was Duran Duran's hayday (their brand of synth-pop was very similar to the melodic rock/synth style that Capcom, most notably, adopted). :)

Video games... the 90s. I don't think the 90s + video games need much introduction. Such a wonderful time, it's unfortunate that we'll never return to the golden days. :(

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
i vote for the 50's, becuase woman knew their place.....
You sir are awesome. Can I have your autograph on a broom and vacuum so that I can give it to my girlfriend as a gift?

Anyways, I'm an 80s baby. So my vote goes to the best decade ever throughout the history of mankind. The best Saturday cartoons (whatever happened to Saturday morning cartoons nowadays anyways, do they even have them anymore?), best music, best toys and board games, best scary movies that actually scared you (I prefer the scary movies based on monsters instead of the phsycological serial killer scary movies of today). The 80s was a simple time and good movies and music could be popular for years instead of only a few weeks like they are today.

And last but not least...

NES & Gameboy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
90's
True Cloud Nes and Gameboy. But remember,SNES and N64.... oh and crash bandicoot 2.
The music felt much more original then than now, back then you'd really feel what people were saying unlike know, like I've heard every lyric somewhere before, by the way i like rap,r'n'b,jazz, and some rock. Right now a number of rappers are saying the same rubbish (sigh)

I also liked sound systems and people jamming music together, that way there was a party everywhere when a new hit single came out, cause people were playing it on the radio, unlike now, just imagine trying to dance while sharing earphones. ugh. And don't tell me about attachable speakers, cause you have to GO OUT and get them.
And more good looking women too in the 90's.

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
...................................what? spice girls? what? what?,,keep going
I don't know what you mean. Maybe I put it a bit wrong. To be more exact: I meant to blame 90's music. It was all pop. I didn't listen to pop, like others did.

60's and 70's was the golden age of rock. In 80's there was still something left, but all was vanished in 90's of the good old days.

In the 90's we had the Black Album:yippee: In 2000's we have St.Anger :mad:
...But metallers had good time in 90's.

90's
And more good looking women too in the 90's.
Yeah. Now almost every woman you see looks like Photoshop.

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
???? Of course they did. I think you didn't understood what I tried to picture. I meant 90's Black Album rocks, while 2000's ST.Anger sucks.
I understood what you tried to picture. My classmate has the same opinion. He doesn't like St. Anger either.

Some people fits rock and metal music into same category. I'm just one of those who don't. In 90's, metal albums were better than rock albums.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1500 and 1600's were pretty good years.

21 - 40 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.