Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copy cat: US woman pays 50,000 dollars for cloned kitty

In the movie The 6th Day, with Arnold, the family clones their cat.

I wonder how long will it take to clone a human?

Would you clone your pets if the price was low enough?

There could be a whole market for this. Sure it cost a lot now, but with every technology the price will come down.

I can see a possible future:

Vet: I'm sorry, but your dog has died, would you like to pay the $100 to have him cloned?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
LOL, $100.00 yea right. Vets are more espensive than doctors for people! :p

I would never clone an animal. I think cloning is great and all (sometimes) but if your pet dies, it's dead. Get a new one and move on. Don't mean to sound heartless, but cloning your pet seems sick to me ...

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
let the dead stay dead

·
Perpetual Dualism
451 Posts
Well if you could, who wouldn't clone Carmen Electra and start mass production

HAHAHAHAHHHA

Carmen Electra Version 1.1 with enhanced features now avaiable in online stores for only 149$ o_O

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Leiw said:
Well if you could, who wouldn't clone Carmen Electra and start mass production

HAHAHAHAHHHA

Carmen Electra Version 1.1 with enhanced features now avaiable in online stores for only 149$ o_O
:lol:

Rzetlin said:
Copy cat: US woman pays 50,000 dollars for cloned kitty

In the movie The 6th Day, with Arnold, the family clones their cat.

I wonder how long will it take to clone a human?

Would you clone your pets if the price was low enough?

There could be a whole market for this. Sure it cost a lot now, but with every technology the price will come down.

I can see a possible future:

Vet: I'm sorry, but your dog has died, would you like to pay the $100 to have him cloned?
Somehow this reminds me of the Phoenix Downs you could buy for you Guardian Forces in FF8 :heh:

I don't think this should be done, there are already a lot of pets.... too many, just look at the dog pounds.... I mean, it's only a pet, sure it can be a buddy, but when it's dead, so be it....
I wonder if those cloned pets come with warranty so that if it isn't completely identical you can get a refund, or they'll clone you another one and the bad clone will go to the pound....

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
/me wonders when boltzmann will arrive

If you clone an animal in the hopes that it would be the same one you'll be in for a disapointment, it just looks and acts the same (with proper training) but it's a little diffrent

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
That's what I thought.... This means every owner who will have his pet cloned will get dissappointed, because the animal will be different in a certain way.

·
Nu...
472 Posts
What's wrong with cloning a pet? As long as the owner realises exactly what is being purchased. A clone would not have the memories of the former pet. Anything taught to the original would have to be retaught, housetraining etc. Many things may be the same such as appearance and general instinct but other than that it is a unique individual and I have no problem with it. In fact quite the opposite I greatly support it. If someone really liked their breed of pet (especially a mix) why try to find another when you can get the original?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea i already heard bout this, the owner reckons that the cat acts exactly the same as the one that died.. i thought they had different personalities? weird..

looks like winkle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts