Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We haven't seen any English language coverage of this yet, but always-reliable European reader Soldat Louis has forwarded us this report of an incident which apparently occurred yesterday in the small French village of Uckange:
A 5-year-old boy stabbed his 10-year-old sister because she didn't want to give him her Nintendo DS. Her mother, who has sole custody of the children, was sleeping at the time and was alerted by her daughter's screams.

The girl is still at the hospital, but she's not in mortal danger. The boy is aware of what he's done. He said to the police that his sister didn't want to give hime her Nintendo DS, and that he thought the knife was a toy. I've also read that he apparently likes the game "Power Rangers", in which the characters (alledgely) throw knives.

The mother of the 2 children has been raising them since the father abandoned them and fled to Albania. According to her, he was violent to the point of hitting her. She works at night to raise her children, and while she's at work, her brother and her niece babysit them.
Report: 5-Year-Old Stabs Sister Over Nintendo DS

They are so going to up the parental rating for "Power Rangers" now. :X

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
............I can see power rangers pulled off the air right now. And good riddance. All the new ones suck.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
............I can see power rangers pulled off the air right now. And good riddance. All the new ones suck.
THERE IS A GOD!!

wait... wait... this just in.
nope, there still isn't.

It's still great though, no more annoying power rangers commercials.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Doesn't Power Rangers have a PG rating?

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I loled (both for the stabing & its reasons and also for the PR remarks) and i'm going to lol even harder if they put a parental rating on power rangers or if it affects it in a way :lol:

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
WOO STABBING! HAHAHA! :lol::lol::lol:
No matter how you look at it, this is stupidity at its best (im not refering to your post which i have quoted, but to the topic just to be sure i'm not missunderstood :p ) and the girl didnt die or was in any serious danger so i stand by my statement that i loled :p (i mean stabing your sister to play on the DS a game is just plain stupid (no matter what he's age was) and in a sarcastic way funny, but i admit i wouldnt have loled if the girl would have died probably.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Dangerous ustensils and tools should be kept away from the reach of kids, like locked drawers.
Wether Power Rangers, Naruto, Mad Max or James Bond movies are suggested to be blamed instead is beside the real point.
Yeah and you just make damn sure your kid never even considers stabbing anyone! Damnit if they're really going to blame the game in this one, not that I like Power Rangers though but its a game anyways... Its clear that its both carelesness to leave knives around for kids to get, not just because they might stab someone but just because they might hurt themselves accidentally! The second thing is that the kid is propably a pampered crybaby that always gets what he wants. I seriously believe that kids need to have some corporeal punishment, within certain limits.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ok...

1. Why did the kid have access to a freaking knife?
2. Is the current games too much for today's kids to handle, compared to the 8 and 16 bit era?

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
I've also read that he apparently likes the game "Power Rangers", in which the characters (alledgely) throw knives.
So if they ban Power Rangers for kids, they also need to ban all the circuses that has knife throwers with them.

WOHOO! Let's ban anything that's bad for someone.
But.. then we need to ban ourselves.

But seriously, kids that stab other kids (even if they think it's a toy) have some serious problems. That mother needs better parenting skills.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
And like always the fault tends to fall on the parents, you know they got to rest to and it could be the best parent in the world, but if the child is an complete idiot there's nothing that the parent can do (well except tie him up but then its cruelty against children). What i'm saying here it depends also on psych of the kid, there are some stupid things kids decide to do that are totally unpredictable.

Edit: also the mother seems to raise them alone and thats something though as hell (i know cause i was raised only by my mom to).

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
well if the power rangers were throwing knifes, why the hell did he stab someone instead of throwing the knife at them, its just ilogical to blame a game when you arent even copying it correctly, seems to me it looks like an excuse from the boy to try and justify what he has done. And might i add There was also mention of the boy's absent father and his history of domestic violence within the family unit.

and on a more unrelated note where the hell is jonc (*hides Ds*)
too soon?

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
And like always the fault tends to fall on the parents, you know they got to rest to and it could be the best parent in the world, but if the child is an complete idiot there's nothing that the parent can do (well except tie him up but then its cruelty against children). What i'm saying here it depends also on psych of the kid, there are some stupid things kids decide to do that are totally unpredictable.

Edit: also the mother seems to raise them alone and thats something though as hell (i know cause i was raised only by my mom to).
well if the power rangers were throwing knifes, why the hell did he stab someone instead of throwing the knife at them, its just ilogical to blame a game when you arent even copying it correctly, seems to me it looks like an excuse from the boy to try and justify what he has done. And might i add There was also mention of the boy's absent father and his history of domestic violence within the family unit.

and on a more unrelated note where the hell is jonc (*hides Ds*)
too soon?
That pretty much explains it... Its just that the home itself is just screwed up and most likely the cause for this, not excactly the parents fault but they're still a factor...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I blame permanent mental scarring due to the fathers behavior, not the game.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Probably out teaching other kids how to stab. This one was a success.
Did he get a parental rating yet? Or do they refuse to do so and do I have to smuggle him across the border to get him into Germany if he wants to?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts