Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 6 different email accounts for various reasons, and one of them i havent checked in about 2 weeks, so i go over to look and i have 467 emails, half of them is from something called: Unknown Sender :???:

Spam is really out of control, but i wont complain because its the internet, if you dont like, dont use it. :eyespin: :thumb: Even tho, i think people have too much time on thier hands by sending 467 emails within a 2 week period.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I agree. I probably get about 5 or 6 emails a day from "unknown sender". Don't know what's up with those spam filters that ISP's provide (not that we knew long before they were released that they'd suck) stink even worse than I estimated. And they don't send emails themselves, they're automated. Once they add your email to their spam list, it just keeps getting sent over and over and over automatically.

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
The General said:
I have about 6 different email accounts for various reasons, and one of them i havent checked in about 2 weeks, so i go over to look and i have 467 emails, half of them is from something called: Unknown Sender :???:

Spam is really out of control, but i wont complain because its the internet, if you dont like, dont use it. :eyespin: :thumb: Even tho, i think people have too much time on thier hands by sending 467 emails within a 2 week period.

It's not that they have a lot of time on their hands...they probably use scripts that automatically send out the emails, the person basically does nothing :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
or use a throwaway gmail account for those special sites, and have it forward everything automatically. When it becomes inundated, delete the account and set up a new one.

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
moomoomoo said:
The only solution is to keep your e-mail address to yourself.. And only use it on websites you know won't spam you. What's so hard about that?
Everybody seems to spam these days, even places like ebgames.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Funny. I dont get practically any spam to my hotmail account. I used to get a lot, but nowadays its about 1 per week. :???:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.