Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 1121 Posts

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts
Gameman u intend to watch hd boobs on that huge monitor? 21inch monitor is good to go mate

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Well nice to know ya

So you might know the dispkay I'm talking about here....

Huge Daytek/Vision Quest LCD - 1080i/p across from their graphics cards counter on a display shelf.... AND A BIG ****ING WINDOWS XP DESKTOP ON IT MOST OF THE TIME......

That's what Daddy's after here.............

The Trinitron 32 already looks stunning....I just want PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts
I connect my pc to 32inch sony bravia tv it looks blurry u should buy tv and monitor seperately

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
I connect my pc to 32inch sony bravia tv it looks blurry u should buy tv and monitor seperately
On a BRAVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? You gotta be kidding,,,,,

If you don't like the Bravia SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: see that's what I like about using the Trinitron versus the little Dell 19"...

I can sit back with my head 6 feet away and still be able to read the text, or I can move closer to as close as 3 feet for a closer look and still be able to read everything, only everything is BIG!!!!!!!! I love it.... Absolutely stunning...

·
PC game modder
12,998 Posts
Get the 42inch to replace your 32inch tv in the LIVING ROOM!

Then sell your 32Inch screen and buy a decent 22 or 24inch pc monitor with the money received for the screen:thumb:

EDIT:-

Also doing things this way will mean that if you wanna set it up to the 42inch on occasions you can

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Well nice to know ya

So you might know the display I'm talking about here....
[/qoute]

Oh yeah i know about the one you are talking about. its right beside all the cases.

Huge Daytek/Vision Quest LCD - 1080i/p across from their graphics cards counter on a display shelf.... AND A BIG ****ING WINDOWS XP DESKTOP ON IT MOST OF THE TIME......

That's what Daddy's after here.............

The Trinitron 32 already looks stunning....I just want PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!
Like I said I wouldn't risk getting a daytek. The sony trinitron crts were awesome back in the day, we have one at home. Sony was one of the best back in the crt days.

Daytek on the other hand has a half decent picture given its price. (its not up to the quality of the major brands but its not aweful). The only problem is short life expectancy and really high failure/malfunction rate.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·

·
PC game modder
12,998 Posts
The only problem with Daytek is short life expectancy and really high failure/malfunction rate.
You really should stop ignoring this point Gameman

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
thats because you are running in a non native resolution on the low end sony's have crappy scalers, they are blurry when not running in native resolution. So you have to run in native resolution of 1366 x 768. There should be pc mode on the monitor somewhere, where you run in per pixel native mode.

·
PC game modder
12,998 Posts
You don't like my idea in post 165 Gameman?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Well for me, I found the games a major disappointment. Same with FEAR 2. All the hype was for nothing IMO, since none of those games bring anything really innovating.

Sure in Crysis, using depth components of a framebuffer image to calculate ambience occlusion entirely on the GPU sounds neat, but the concept of ambience occlusion itself is quite old. So also, nothing really innovating on the technical sense either.
Well, that all may be true to you, and I can definitely see how one could be disappointed with the Crysis games, but I had a different opinion of them.

First of all, I'm not one of those people who will call a game out if it isn't original or innovative or anything like that, because new does not automatically equal good, and been done does not automatically equal bad. Yes, it's extra points if something is unique, but it's not a factor to a game's greatness itself. Really, being cliche isn't as bad as everyone says.

That being said, while the storyline wasn't the best you'll find, it was acceptable. I'm mixed on the aliens and the second half of the game. I'm not someone who thinks it shouldn't have had aliens (that's a key part to it's story), but the fighting with them wasn't as fun as the first half when you fought the KPA. There should have been more KPA in the second half.

The visuals were harder on performance than I felt they should be, but they still looked damn good, and are still among the best.

The sound was pretty underrated (at least the music). I loved the music in this game. The sound effects were your standard fare.

As for the often criticized gameplay, it was there. The thing with Crysis is that the gameplay depended on you, the user, not itself, so alot of people rushed through (and I really mean rushed through) and thought the game was bad. If you play it that way, yeah, it won't be fun. I found it more fun to turn the difficulty up (hard at the least), and take your time. There's more than one way to do almost any task, so it has replayability. Examine a situation and then decide how to carry it out. The game gives you the ingredients, and you decide how to play. The nanosuit and sandbox style levels opened up alot of possibilites.

I really liked this game, but then again, I didn't go in expecting the hype. In fact, before I played it, I had more a negative view due to both hearing all of the hype and knowing of it's performance tolls, but it turns out I ended up really liking the games. Were they the best? No. Were they good? Hell yes.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Crysis didn't know where it was headed the first half of the game, and got tripped on itself the second half.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 · (Edited)
You don't like my idea in post 165 Gameman?
I dunno, had to go do my laps in the pool....I'm back now...

Not sure...I was actually thinking of selling the Trinitron also and using the Biggie as the all-around......:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

So yeah, this proposed 42 inch beast has gotta do double-duty here.....but it WILL be used for it's original purpose and that's watching movies, tv shows and video games.....especially from about 5:00 o'clock on everyday when I retire from the pc and sit back......

Oh yeah i know about the one you are talking about. its right beside all the cases.

Like I said I wouldn't risk getting a daytek. The sony trinitron crts were awesome back in the day, we have one at home. Sony was one of the best back in the crt days.
Well I'm not sure what that one actually is on St. James street at CBIT.... Will have a closer inspection tomorrow as my friend is taking me their to look at TV Monitors ....and to Best Buy..... Hopefully folks by the end of tomorow I will have a better idea as to whether I should really stick to this dream that all of you seem to be negating, or switch to a Genuine PC monitor and have IT do double duty instead as a TV....like the 28 inch i-inc I mentioned yesterday......

·
PC game modder
12,998 Posts
From what I can see if you follow my advice earlier you can have both and switch as you desire depending on what you are doing!

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 · (Edited)
From what I can see if you follow my advice earlier you can have both and switch as you desire depending on what you are doing!
This is gonna sound completely off the wall, but I was actually thinking of getting the 28 LCD Pc Monitor AN D the 42 inch LCD HDTV by the end of the year....

That way I could do my high definition stuff on the PC one and switch to the big one for a bigger desktop/ gaming etc...

But that ain't likely gonna happen as Daddy is impoverished....:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

not to mention that it is totally ****ing insane!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here's what I got right now with the Trinitron... I think it looks prety good, yeah the resolutiom is LOW, but it looks spectacular at night in a dark room and when gaming...(and remember this is being projected/shown at a full 32 inches)

I just wanna go a little bigger and maybe have a 700 by 1300 something desktop display that is CRystal Clear *not a little bit blurry at the edges like it is now"....(AS YOU CAN SEE THE SYSTEM TRAY ICONS ARE A LITTLE HARD TO READ and so is small text/fine text..)

Edit: I'm jumping to a major conclusion here, but if infact (PCXL Fan) thatb that one at CBIT is a Daytek, then here it is at the CBIT Website...Spoke to the sales guy and he told me it could be as much as 1200.00

CBiT - Computer Parts, Computers, Laptops, FTA, Service, Training, Networking, and more!

And from what I can see it's not even a True HDTV...In fact all it's good for IS as a monitor...Downscales movies etc....

But I have seen it in person (Schum4evea) and had a CLOSE look at it, once only and at first glance it seemed serviceable.... What struck me was how much CLEARER the icons and desktop were than the ones on my Trinitron and even a little bit bigger..

But that's assuming it was the Daytek....I'd rather it not be because 1200 is a little more than I'm willing to spend for just a glorified jumbo computer monitor...even if it is 46 inches.......

I'm hoping it's the Vision Quest 42 like the other guy said on Monday cause 700 is definitely in my price range - and in fact it's a STEAL.....for such visual clarity.... and a ****ing big-ass screen.

Here's a better Quality one by Samsung that's just at the tip of my price range (799.99) I imagine Sansung is much better than Daytek, Dynex.....

Con: it's only 40 inches though...... also only 720p

Here's another one that's 700.00 but it's bt Insignia?????

Looks good though

Yeah, like I said last night on the forum here, I can have a showing of the TV for me at any of their stores with a PC actually hooked up to it so I can test it out, but I gotta make an appointment.....

But, hey, at least they're willing to DO it.... and this could be just plain salesmanship, but the idea of using it as a pc monitor doesn't sound so foreign to them.... but then again...

Edit: Naw, the original TV I was considering at the beginning of this massivew thread has just come down another 100.00 to 699.99......

It's lookin mighty attractive even though it's only 1080i/720p... I went over my finances this morning with a fine toothed comb and I can do this one now...or at least in the next few weeks - possibly May at the latest....

All I gotta do is score 170 from my local loan source and it's as good as mine.....

But before I commit to anything here given this great news, I'm gonna go for a DEMONSTRATION tomorrow at the PCStore.... Make sure it fits my minimum requirements or at least defeats the old Trinitron in the Clarity department....

True high definition is not what'll sway me, but rather clarity over what I currently got now......

Now that I got the money worked out, and the source worked out, I just have to go see one to confirm what I already know....likely....

If not then I'll look around the store for their biggest pc monitor.....but I don't think that'll be necessary as this is going to happen....

...finally.....

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
The Vision Quest Rembrandt LCD TV also seems to have the VGA and inputs to accomodate PC users who wanna use their TV's as a big PC....

Was just skimming over the brochure and the internal TV control menu even comes with "Computer Mode"....

Obviously Vision-Quest thinks this TV is good enough for a PC Monitor or they wouldn't even have given you the choice.....

Haven't read the Dynex / Insignia one yet.... but I'm sure it's similar....

Very user friendly.....

As I recal I didn't even GET this option on my Trinitron here.....:eyemove::eyemove::eyemove::eyemove::eyemove::eyemove:

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Dude, if your getting a tv, stick with name brand. better tech support
Well the store covers it for a year and they've always been good to me (regarding repairs and stuff - I just let the Ram thing Go)...

I can't remember, but someone I was talking with this morning said they'd replace it.....

After all they have a reputation....

161 - 180 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.