Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 1121 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
2880X2660 looks more like a 4:3 display to me oO (also the first time i heard of this), you should check again also like Zedeck said 2560X1600 is the maximum video output for the hd3650, if it really shows that resolution, then it must be some bug(like i had on my 21" monitor CRT which didnt actually show that resolution output just made you think it would :lol:, i know sounds strange ).

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
There's no way a 3650 can't output that kind of res. Even if it offloads on the cpu, it would start faltering well before the 2650 x 1600 mark

·
Banned
200 Posts
I don't think it was actually displaying it that high Phil , it was a combination of downgrading to 4:3 aspect ratio and upscaling to a higher resolution , non the less it's fixed now and it's non longer going to be run that high and I have no idea how I didn't notice this during my 5 hour WoW stretch today , bizarre..

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
I use a projector for playing games on my pc. I don't know the size of it but it as big as the wall.
Nice aya! That must be really fun.

I've been thinking of doing something like that myself someday :p

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Lord Zedeck said:
Personally, I love the game. Just because it's hard on performance and people use it as a benchmark, or just because it may not be the best optimized game, doesn't mean it isn't a game. I don't use it for benchmarks, at all. I use it to play it, and personally, I've loved both of the games. I'm awaiting the next two.
Its not just hard on performance, its just a complete turd. And its not just a game, it was a Trojan horse for DX10 by way of marketing, and look how that turned out. People saw it for what it was: a unoptimized DX9 engine which does nothing truly spectacular (sure SSAO is good for the benchmarking freaks, but the general idea has been done before. Ambience occlusion is dead old anyway :rolleyes:).

And yes, I played through both games, and they don't bring anything worthy to the FPS party. It was truly a disappointment and a utter waste of developmental resources. I am for one, glad it got pirated extensively. Just proves also how much Securom/Securom PA is a worthless protection. But will EA learn its lesson? Nooooooooooo....

So, let the bad times for them roll!

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Indeed to all points Mudlord!

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'm not talking about Microsoft pushing DirectX 10 or EA's use of protection software. All I'm saying is that there were those of use who did genuinely like Crysis for a game and for more than a show off benchmark. The story, visuals, sound, and gameplay were all at least average or above average for me, so I enjoyed it. That's all I'm saying.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
:lol:

I just liked that i had a test to stress my system, I didn't play the demo much, but did finish the single player "taste"

I could not give a good opinion on it, it does indeed look incredible but it does also stress the system stupidly!

As for gameplay, I didn't mind it too much, but I suck with keyboard/mouse due to inexperience:hdbash:

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
The story, visuals, sound, and gameplay were all at least average or above average for me, so I enjoyed it. That's all I'm saying.
Well for me, I found the games a major disappointment. Same with FEAR 2. All the hype was for nothing IMO, since none of those games bring anything really innovating.

Sure in Crysis, using depth components of a framebuffer image to calculate ambience occlusion entirely on the GPU sounds neat, but the concept of ambience occlusion itself is quite old. So also, nothing really innovating on the technical sense either.

Gameman, get a real monitor
Yes Phil, the idea of a 42" screen for real PC usage is insane. Use it for entertainment systems, not PCs. Even a 19" is decent.

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 · (Edited)
Just went to my neighbours who has a 27inch Dell!

The native res on his is 2650x1600

Damn I want his screen:p
I was at the Dell site looking at that very one or one similar yesterday mate, but it's t least 1600.00 minimum, and more like 2500.00 plus.......

It's a little above my current level of "financial expertise"......:(:(:(:(:(:(

might not be native.. now that I think of it.. though I can use it as the highest resolution for my desktop ....
This could be important there mate..... what honestly is your opinoin of a TV that size when it serves as your desktop???

I know you said you agreeed with Spyhop, but when you use it, is it truly USABLE??? Does it look good?? Or blurry??

Not that I'm getting that TV, but you , runawayprisoner and cottonvibes are the only 3 I've herard so far that have actually done what I'm attempting here with the big 42 inch.....and above.....

Edit: it just occured to me...

Maybe when/if I get the big 42 inch/46 inch I could place it next to the Trinitroin 32, and since it technically Is usable I could use em both in DUAL MONITOR Mode..

Now THAT is some serious ****ing ****!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a HOG of the field of vision...

HAHAHAHHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!

Seriously though, it could happen.....

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
A friend has a Samsung LCD TV setuped as his monitor 42" i believe it was & although its nice in games & movies , it aint so nice in browsing arround at least thats the impression it left for me and text was a little blurry.

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Nah, I gotta get the digital and snap some shots of my current setup with the Big Trinitron as my Desktop, and espcially at night or when using PCSX 2 so you get the point I'm trying to get across here.....

It's beautiful...I just wanna make it more beautiful...

And that 42/46 inch I saw at Computer Boulevard WAS beautiful.....:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

A perfect compliment to the Big E8600 with the Rampage Formula etc....

·
4,713 Posts
computer boulevard? you live in winnipeg?

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
computer boulevard? you live in winnipeg?
Exactly

Aha!!!!!!!!! You found me!!!!!!!!!

Yep mate..

Winnipeg, Earth aka The Pentagon:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

YOU ever been to Computer Boulevard????

Then you might know what I';m referring to here/talking about...

·
4,713 Posts
Its the emu hub of the world. Skoreanime, and several other powerful and respected members live in that world reknown holy city.

Everyone has heard of Computer Boulevard, a pretty decent computer shop but then, I've heard of someone who spent over $2500 there and they almost cheated him out of a warrantee.

Then they over price some of there things. He also purchased a g15 keyboard there and it was $99. It was on sale at NCIX.com for $69, and he only realized after the fact. Now he does most of his shopping at NCIX.com or Newegg.ca

141 - 160 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.