Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 1121 Posts

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
That reminds me, we don't even sell extended warranty on those dynex or prima tvs... yet we do for all other major tvs brands... my guess is the failure rate is just to high on prima & dynex to make a nice profit.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
You know it doesn't always happen to everyone though. There definitely are people out there who have the tvs last a number of years. But do you really wanna take that risk?
Well I may not have that luxury - I may have to take what I can get and use the warrantee (iff at all) to it's fullest...

I'll see about the LG one maybe......

but either way it's gonna be 42 big ones.....

Just think, you can wnak to hi def pr0n on that 42'
HA!!!!! I think that qualifies as another "pro"......

I'll have to update the list......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
200 Posts
I agree completely! I think Gameman is just thinking that a bigger screen means a more enjoyable experience when really it doesn't.. there's not much point in using a TV as a monitor %100 of the time, a TV is a TV it's meant for Television and Video you arn't really meant to play games on it and if you do you end up being so much farther away from the screen you arn't getting the same level of detail and interaction you would sitting at a desk on a 18-24 inch LCD, It's very hard to alt-tab threw things and read webpages from 10 feet away and if you jack the font size up it tends to look like **** and there really is no ****ing difference , just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's better or looks any different to your eyes, you may have a bigger screen but it just means your eyes have to focus on different parts of the screen instead of the full thing and you are going to end up having to get closer to the screen to read smal print and detailed information..

I think it's a waste of money but that's just me I agree with Spyhop , what's the point? there's no difference in actuality..

x )

See? This is stupid. Just get a smaller monitor and sit closer, it's the same damn difference.

·
PC game modder
12,998 Posts
I agree completely! I think Gameman is just thinking that a bigger screen means a more enjoyable experience when really it doesn't.. there's not much point in using a TV as a monitor %100 of the time, a TV is a TV it's meant for Television and Video you arn't really meant to play games on it and if you do you end up being so much farther away from the screen you arn't getting the same level of detail and interaction you would sitting at a desk on a 18-24 inch LCD, It's very hard to alt-tab threw things and read webpages from 10 feet away and if you jack the font size up it tends to look like **** and there really is no ****ing difference , just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's better or looks any different to your eyes, you may have a bigger screen but it just means your eyes have to focus on different parts of the screen instead of the full thing and you are going to end up having to get closer to the screen to read smal print and detailed information..

I think it's a waste of money but that's just me I agree with Spyhop , what's the point? there's no difference in actuality..

x )
All good and valid points!

Plus with a big a** pc monitor you can go for a higher res then 1920x1080 which will actually show more detail then any big LCD TV will

·
PC game modder
12,998 Posts
that's what I essentially was saying spyhop!

But I am sure i have sen bigger screens then mine with higher res the 1920x1200

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
that's what I essentially was saying spyhop!

But I am sure i have sen bigger screens then mine with higher res the 1920x1200
I doubt it. Screens with resolutions over 1920x1200 exist, but they're extremely uncommon.

Common widescreen resolutions for monitors:
1440x900
1680x1050
1920x1200

Common widescreen resolutions for HDTVs - also monitors for all intents and purposes.

720P/1080i TVs which can include the following native resolutions:
1024x768
1360x768

1080P
1920x1200

·
PC game modder
12,998 Posts
Still in agreement mate! I have not seen many over the 1920x1200, I was just pointing out they exist, but as you do point out they are in fact rare!

I don't think they get much higher though!

I think I saw a Dell one at some point! (Not sure though) But I know it was bigger cause it had me thinking about fact it was higher then mine

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Almost every 1080i TV I've ever seen aren't 1080 native. They're 1366x768. (some are even 1024x768....bleh) They only say they accept 1080i video for marketting purposes.

Change your resolution to 1360x768 and try again.
If it was blurry at 1280x720, I don't think 1366x768 will be much better. Remember, this a rear projection screen, and a CRT type one at that, and I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about them, but I know they don't seem to work the same way as native HD displays do. It doesn't appear to have a real native resolution, and everything I've found about it's specifications lists nothing for a native resolution. It just highlights that it'll do 720p, 1080i, and upconvert all sources to 1080i (and yes, this is often in it's description or features part, not specifications part, which makes it just seem like the usual marketing stuff). I tried 720p via component from my PC, and it looked only barely better than S-Video. That same component connection from broadcasting in HD, however, looks pretty good (though probably not as good as a true native HD display would show 720p/1080i).
Crysis doesn't count as a game Shadow, its only used for e-penis stroking contests.
Personally, I love the game. Just because it's hard on performance and people use it as a benchmark, or just because it may not be the best optimized game, doesn't mean it isn't a game. I don't use it for benchmarks, at all. I use it to play it, and personally, I've loved both of the games. I'm awaiting the next two.

Edit: Televisions aren't my specialty, but besides the older and larger CRTS thad could do 2048x1536, there's only two displays that come to mind that are over 1920x1200, and that's the Sony GDM FW900 (2304x1440 Widescreen CRT) or those large LCDs (2560x1600).

·
PC game modder
12,998 Posts
Just went to my neighbours who has a 27inch Dell!

The native res on his is 2650x1600

Damn I want his screen:p

·
Site Owner
18,081 Posts
I doubt it. Screens with resolutions over 1920x1200 exist, but they're extremely uncommon.

Common widescreen resolutions for monitors:
1440x900
1680x1050
1920x1200

Common widescreen resolutions for HDTVs - also monitors for all intents and purposes.

720P/1080i TVs which can include the following native resolutions:
1024x768
1360x768

1080P
1920x1200
Most 1080p HDTV's resolution is 1920 x 1080.

And 27" -30" panels are 2650 x 1600

·
Banned
200 Posts
The Max Native Resolution on my 42 Inch 1080p LCD is 2048×1556 though that's the highest I've seen for a widescreen LCD , HDTV or Monitor , it is very rare though I was suprised it even wen't that high in the first place and natively was a bonus , though as I was saying before he's going to be paying double his price range ($800) if he purchases one and there is really not much benefit in it, I doubt you'll be playing games at that high resolution and if you are your fps is going to be cut down by at least 10-15 frames , just for the fact that your polygon size and pixel count alone goes way up the higher resolution you use you'll also have to render in much higher detail then normal so with Anti Aliasing and/or HDR you are looking at some serious lag , I'm sure movies and television would be fine at that resolution most likely upscaled but games at that resolution would take some serious gpu/cpu processing power and I'm not sure even a 9800 GTX/GX2 could handle it without SOME lag

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
1080p seems to signify that it does 1920x1080 as it's native/maximum. I'm honestly having a hard time buying that a 42" LCD television does 2880x2660. Not only is that too high for that size, but there's no such resolution or aspect ratio. 1080p means it has a 16:9 ratio, and I'm not sure offhand what a 2880x2660 resolution ratio would be, but it's nowhere near widescreen, and is a very odd aspect ratio that's more square than 4:3 (probably 5:4 even), and it's one of which Google has no results on. What's the brand and model of the television?

By the way, the polygon doesn't go up with resolution increase. Polygon size does, but not polygon count. It's the pixel count that goes up.

·
Site Owner
18,081 Posts
I checked Google, and no results turned up with "2880 x 2660 resolution"

Mofo, you have one rare TV alright.

·
Banned
200 Posts
might not be native.. now that I think of it.. though I can use it as the highest resolution for my desktop , possible upconversion I don't know but that's the resolution it's at/goes to , Set it to 2048×1556 so that combined resolution with my 28 inch LCD is 2048×1556 x 2 or 4096 x 3112 Combined Resolution

PS: Most likely was being upscaled seems alot better now :D
PPS: Previous Post edited and correct info added

·
Site Owner
18,081 Posts
Its best to run an LCD at native. And anyway, 2880 x 2660 is not a native resolution, nor is it any widescreen format.......16.9 or 16.10. That res you posted is more like a square

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
A 1080p display can not physically display anything more than 1920x1080. Even if the source is higher, you're not getting anything more than 1920x1080, and if the source isn't 16:9, you'll get less as it letterboxes or adds bars to cover the blank space the non 16:9 ratio resolution would not fill as it's scaled down to fit.

I'm also finding it hard to believe that that Radeon HD3650 is able to output a resolution of 2880x2660. That card can't do higher than 2560x1600.

Speaking of 2880x2660, a ratio like that is just downright odd. It's almost square. That format screen downsized onto a 16:9 screen would have huge Black bars on both the left and right of the screen (we're talking about 50% of the screen area would be unused here), and I doubt anyone would use it like that.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Ya I just realized it was actually both using SD Formatting and Upscaling at the same time , 16:9 Widescreen WQXGA @ 2048x1556 now , looked a the Display Resolution Wiki Page to see what the highest 2k Widescreen resolution was

Display resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm also as confused as you are as to why it let me use a resoltuion like that, as if it was stretching to fix or something though I had no surface area unused so that's very odd to me, non the less it's back to it's highest resolution @ 16:9 Widescreen 1080p so no issues here

I'm also finding it hard to believe that that Radeon HD3650 is able to output a resolution of 2880x2660. That card can't do higher than 2560x1600.
I was under the impression that that was the highest resolution for an HD3650 as well

121 - 140 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.