Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 1121 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Projectors are tiny...well not tiny but anyone that can carry 4 or 5 books can carry one...

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Naw, I had a TASTE of it with the Trinitron, and now like Brewster in "Brewster's Millions".....

I want the BIGGIE!!!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Is your mums an old movie projector from the 30's Gameman??

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Is your mums an old movie projector from the 30's Gameman??

maybe I'm thinking of something like a "projection screen" or something if there's actually such thing...

Must be just a humongous Plasma/LCD TV then - like 50-60 inches.....cause I hear it's heavy and the icons and desktop she has on the display are like basketballs and cushons when she moves them with the mouse....

Btw - it's my Mom's friend - don't actually know her - just heard about it third person....

...... from the 30's Gameman??
30's??????? C'mon now.........:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
They make em this big for a reason
Yes. For multiple people to watch at a reasonable distance. There is absolutely no point and there is NOTHING to be gained by using one for an individual monitor and having to sit further away to compensate for the size. For gods sakes man, after 6 pages of this, do you still not understand the concept of perception?

sigh..
dear mods...I know insults and flames are against the rules outside the bin. But how much allowance are you willing to give me this one time given the circumstances?

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
sigh..
dear mods...I know insults and flames are against the rules outside the bin. But how much allowance are you willing to give me this one time given the circumstances?
I'm not doing this to piss you off mate, but I did say in my first Post of this thread that a 42" is what's gonna happen and believe me that's what's gonna happen..... at the very LEAST maybe a 37 or a 40, but I not only wanna use it as a desktop but I like watching All in The Family and High Definition movies and High Def series's like House from at least 10 feet away on the bed...

That's the other reason...

It's not only gonna serve time as a monitor, but likely almost half the time on Weekends and Holidays as a widescreen Cinema..

You see I'm killing both birds with one stone here and in the process gaining one HELL of a ****ing big PC Desktop display to boot....

Everybody wins....

Except of course my pocket book, but I'll work somethiung out in the next few weeks...

Like I said I made an appointment to check out a few, or many on Friday and after that I'll either confirm what I thought was a good idea or DOWNSCALE massively and go with that I-inc 28" Monitor or something similar...

Your point got through regarding resolution and HDMI though.....:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Well I may be alone with YOU guys, but at least runawayprisoner and cottonvibes supported me or had something similar - so I know it's good for gaming of various kinds..AND can serve as a pc....

Nah, I appreciate the alternating views, I really do, made me think for a while, but I gotta go for the gold.......

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Except of course my pocket book, but I'll work somethiung out in the next few weeks...

Like I said I made an appointment to check out a few, or many on Friday
If your going to stores that need you to make an appointment to buy a TV then I am not surprised you pocket book will take a bad hit!

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
If your going to stores that need you to make an appointment to buy a TV then I am not surprised you pocket book will take a bad hit!
I meant appointment with a friend....I don't have a car and Daddy ain't takin the BUS

I just wanna get this little preview done and overwith so I know where to direct my cash flow this next month or two as I'll be getting the bulk of the money for the TV/PC Monitor by May......

If not, then there's other things I can buy.....

Things I need right NOW.......

Incidently mate are you liking that 9800GTX OC you got there??????

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
oh, must've missed it....must've been looking at the INPUT capabilities....oops

here's a picture of one of the higher ones, although a slightly lesser brand I must say....

If I go for it it's gonna look DAMN good on my old Trinitron stand here......especially with that 1080 P

Heck, at these prices I might even go for the 47"!!!!!!!!!
Oh god don't buy this garbage. We sell it where I work and the failure rate is absurd. I constantly get customers complaining about how it dies.

We constantly have people returning dynex and prima lcd hdtvs. Usually they die in the first few years, but a number of times customers are lucky and they die within the warrantee period so they can get the tv repaired for free. Sometimes they are even luckier and it dies in the first 30 days of use so they can return the tv back to us and we give them a replacement immediately.

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 · (Edited)
Nah, leaning in the 42" LCD HDTV direction again...

But mind you, it's not because that's the way the proverbial "breeze" is blowing, it's because that's what I want

I will however make one slight amendment at this time to the plan....

Since I'll be footin the bill for this all on my own....I'll probably have to opt for the Dynex 42" widescreen LCD instead of the LG...simply because it is cheaper....
But like I said I gotta SEE one first....

I gotta remind you folks though that it IS true HDTV with 1080p resolution, VGA/PC/HDMI inputs in the back , a stand and even a 1 year Warrantee...

Plus like I also said, when it's not in service during the day as a PC Monitor, it will make one Heck of a good Cinema on nights or on Weekends....

Pros:

Can Watch "House" in full HD/HDTV Series weekly
-Slightly bigger than the Trinitron I got now and longer
-VGA/HDMI inputs made especially for PC use/presentations etc...
-700.00 Canadian and lower at some local store
-42 inches
-1900 by 1000 something resolution for true 1080p/HDTV
-bigger than a computer monitor and with built in speakers

Cons:
-300 more than PC Monitors 24"-28"
-just a tad lower resolution/doesn't go as high as the PC Monitors
-too big to put on a desk
- cheap Dynex brand/ but so was the pc monitor btw
-It's just possible it could be TOO big, but like I said I gotta SEE it first....

I'm weighing this, not to mention all that other stuff you mentioned about proportion/ distance etc (however I gotta remind you the SAME could be said about anything and the reverse is also true isn't it???? - so in fact 6 feet away would be just as good as 1 foot away at a smaller size right???? )

anyway, that's my conclusion at the end of this day....

I gotta admit, you almost got me there - still thinking about that 28" PC Monitor for free I could get.....but I may have to forgo it in favor of the bigger picture so to speak.....:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Oh god don't buy this garbage. We sell it where I work and the failure rate is absurd. I constantly get customers complaining about how it dies. We constantly have people returning dynex and prima lcd hdtvs. Usually they die in the first few years, but a number of times customers are lucky and they die within the warrantee period so they can get the tv repaired for free. Sometimes they are even luckier and it dies in the first 30 days of use so they can return the tv back to us and we give them a replacement immediately.

Ok, didn't see that -I'll just chalk this new information up to yet another "CON" of the tv's in my list from earlier....

Interesting....I'll have to see one though, and maybe bump it back up to the LG...../Vision Quest - but despite this, for now, THIS IS THE ONE.......

Some must Work right???? And isn't their a ****ing WARRANTEE for God's sake???? Plus an Extended Warrantee also????:mad::mad::mad:
I mean God!!!!!!!.....People gotta be held accountable!!!!!!!!!!

You sell bull-**** you go to jail....

It's that simple....

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Is this what you looking for?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Incidently mate are you liking that 9800GTX OC you got there??????
Well Until about 3 hours ago I had no game more modern then Doom 3/Quake 4/ Resident evil 4 (RE4 is supped up majorly with community updates) I never had a game to really test it with

I was given a free Steam account a few hours ago and have downloaded Fallout 3 and TF2 but I have yet to play either (Only gone as far as menu with Fallout 3)

The Crysis demo runs nice, but I can't push the detail to high (Especially cause I run at my screens default res of 1920x1200) or it gets bugged down!

The chick? Yeah. Thanks for showing. :p
:lol:

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Is this what you looking for?
Aha, you understand!!!!!!!!!!

Someone finally gets the BIG PICTURE........

You know I actually thought for a second I WAS out in a ****ing Nebula here!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyemove::eyemove::eyemove::eyemove:

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
I actually feel really guilty for selling customers one of those cheap bargain bin tvs. I just know its likely not going to last them. Its just not a sound investment, its almost a gamble because the tvs are constantly conking out and dieing. I'd say the failure rate is higher then the old 90nanometer xbox360s.

I've been working here for about a year now and and besides customer complaints and returning the tvs, we've also had a display model or 2 of these bargain bin brands die on us.

Maybe it was just bad luck and coincidence... but i doubt it from all the complaints on the internet.

You know it doesn't always happen to everyone though. There definitely are people out there who have the tvs last a number of years. But do you really wanna take that risk?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
No prob Mudlord, Not a fan of it anyway, just wanted to do something with my 9800GTX at the time as it was literally going to waste :lol:

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
No prob Mudlord, Not a fan of it anyway, just wanted to do something with my 9800GTX at the time as it was literally going to waste :lol:
Yeah I know what you mean about the waste their...haven't played PCSX 2 seriously since my first month - just use it for testing games and demos on...

Don't even HAVE Crysis/ Doom etc yet.....

101 - 120 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.