Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
981 - 1000 of 1121 Posts

· Registered
5,715 Posts
just an aqua dock doesnt make mac a good machine............
you wanna know
why macs have such low virus target rates........people dont care about it<only 10 year old have macs and people wouldn't wanna target those guys>
why mac is so stable......company made pre classified hardware is installed in it<and thats slow and ages old......>
It doesnt play games......you urself would be on windows right know with that big ass monitor and ur gaming rig whose equilavalent in mac doesnt exist.it takes juice to run all these games,give customization and yet provide security upto a certain level.......and that juice is there in windows

i know it crashes a lot and such thing but i just hate mac fanboys

heres the deal
1.you want all in one thing......windows+antivirus and a brain
2.you want to browse net,play some games,do some office work etc....go for ubuntu
3.you want your computer to just run.......get a mac it cna do nothing more than it

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Gameman I honestly can't believe what I am reading from you.

Those "extra controls" are what allow your to overclock your processor. The "extra controls" are what allow you to play PCSX2, they allow you to use the dozens of apps you use daily.

If you had gone for a mac you would unable to overclock (which would mean no blue screen due to a bad overclock), you could not run PCSX2...or at least barely so...as all the functions and calls it makes are based around the Windows OS...you would not be able to use the programs you love to encode with, you would not be able to watch movies with your favourite players (and completely lose the ability to read some filetypes).

You could browse, you could watch movies, (not any which were save in obscure formats I am afraid though), you could work, you could edit pictures, you could transfer music to your ipod and to try to play on attempted ports of emus...and all that for a weaker system than you currently have which cost 150% what your current system cost you.

Honestly the ignorance in your statements is absolutely amazing.....

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 · (Edited)
The modern Mac, like other personal computers, is capable of running alternative operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD, and Microsoft Windows, though other computers can not normally run Mac OS X.
PCSX2 has a Mac Version in development by the PCSX2 team at PCSX2.net/.com....

Now I'm no rocket scientist, but my guess is that it would run on a mac....

As for that other stuff, it can do what Windows can and more.....hence the premium....

Like I said ... I used Mac..the only reason I'm on Bills boat is because it's cheaper.....Heck, that's the only reason anyones on "Bill's boat"....
originally, but Windows seems to have caught on....

A Mac anywhere near this fast would be like 5000-10000....$$$$$

So, yes I'm sad to say that I too "sold out" ....but Mac will be back....

i know it crashes a lot and such thing but i just hate mac fanboys
I ain't no fanboy, cause it is expensive....

But I do know good Hardware and Software when I use it...

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #984 ·
I ain't gonna concede, but I will admit that Microsoft, coupled with these powerful new chips has finally come into the forefront....

But they shouldn't forget their humble beginnings or who the real credit for Windows/Desktop computing belongs to.......

· Registered
8,815 Posts
congratulations....you should be proud...and I mean that...
Why would I be proud? It's one thing to be happy with a purchase. If you're actually proud of it, though, then you're just a consumer whore.

That said, when I feel motivated enough I'm putting Vista on this machine. OSX is can be extremely annoying when you're using a computer for more specific tasks.

You'res machine is 100% Genuine...

Mine and almost everybody elses are Mac Windows wannabes....

and that's all they ever will be...
You need to get it out of your head that there's actually a "genuine" and "copies". It's not the case.

Neither Apple nor Microsoft can lay claim to the GUI operating system, neither company invented it, they both stole it. Let me see you repeat that so I know you understand.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·
Are you perhaps a FAN of Windows by any chance....cause I noticed you were talking about putting Windows Vista on a Mac.... Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose????

· !
9,570 Posts
I'd rather use a 386 at 20Mhz then any apple product.
i'm with this Aussie.
I would attribute this more against the individual who built your computer and overclocked it by a ghz (you) and not against windows. My vista machine is solid as a rock. I honestly have more problems with my mac.

I honestly think you're just the type to buy hype.
wow,You're so harshy ..

anyways,**** Vista,it's failure,think about it,why they made another Os in 2 years only???...they know that that Vista is Fail,SO fail,i used it 3 months,the good thing that i liked about vista,is solid with some viruses..

You wanna performance and open source OS?..use LINUX for god sake.it's so free,make dual boot..NOW

· Registered
8,815 Posts
Are you perhaps a FAN of Windows by any chance....
I'm not a fan of anything. Fanboyism is a trap. I weigh the benefits of everything on their own merit.

cause I noticed you were talking about putting Windows Vista on a Mac.... Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose????
No. OSX doesn't do what I want it to do. I'm therefore going to an OS that can better accommodate my needs.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #989 ·
i see...

If so, then what's with you getting a Mac in the first place???

Wouldn't you think a PC would be better suited to your "needs".??????

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
PCSX2 has a Mac Version in development by the PCSX2 team at PCSX2.net/.com....

Now I'm no rocket scientist, but my guess is that it would run on a mac....

As for that other stuff, it can do what Windows can and more.....hence the premium....

Like I said ... I used Mac..the only reason I'm on Bills boat is because it's cheaper.....Heck, that's the only reason anyones on "Bill's boat"....
originally, but Windows seems to have caught on....

A Mac anywhere near this fast would be like 5000-10000....$$$$$

So, yes I'm sad to say that I too "sold out" ....but Mac will be back....

I ain't no fanboy, cause it is expensive....

But I do know good Hardware and Software when I use it...

in development =/= usable now and also =/= usable a year from now, it just mean it's in development and should hopefully if everything goes well eventually be as usable as on Windows ...but there's lots of waiting and uncertaintly involved...two things you don't like...don't for one second think it's as simple as just deciding to port to mac, putting in a month or two of work, and hey presto everything is ok, it's far more complicated and uncertain than that.

What more exactly would that be? It's the other way round....

I too have used mac...why am I using windows again? because I can accomplish whatever I want and not have to wait for a dozen workarounds and attempte ports and numerous other headaches...I also feel very confined...I just about feel claustrophobic when using a mac it restricts my control so much. My current cellphone can do more than that mac could.

How would you even know what hardware you're using on a mac? You get like no control over it and you can barely use any of it to it's full potential.

Also I laugh every single time I mention not being able do various things on mac and then they tell me that now you can install windows on it...is that not as you said defeating the purpose?

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #991 ·
Also I laugh every single time I mention not being able do various things on mac and then they tell me that now you can install windows on it...is that not as you said defeating the purpose?
The ultimate in sadness.... It's a direct SLAP in the face to Apple...

...and to think they're doing this to themselves....

· Registered
1,658 Posts
vista has its problems

the basic problem is that the way things are arranged is very different from xp so people are so used to the arrangement of things in xp people are not comfortable with vista

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #993 ·
I personally found XP to be even worse...crashed even more/froze solid and needed a severe reboot...

Windows ME wins the prize though, it is by far the worst....:(:(:(:(:(

· Registered
8,815 Posts
If so, then what's with you getting a Mac in the first place???

Wouldn't you think a PC would be better suited to your "needs".??????
I didn't buy it. It's at work. It was provided to me. And I gave leopard a try for a good year, I'm just tired of the tons of little things it won't do.

I personally found XP to be even worse...crashed even more/froze solid and needed a severe reboot...
Sooner or later you're going to have to take responsibility for your substandard build and stop blaming MS for your woes. Given stable hardware and a well-maintained OS, XP or Vista shouldn't be crashing. As I said before, my Vista machine is rock solid....and yours is very very overclocked. Did it occur to you that perhaps you only think your OC is stable and it isn't?

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #995 ·
As I said before, my Vista machine is rock solid....and yours is very very overclocked. Did it occur to you that perhaps you only think your OC is stable and it isn't?
nothing you have have said to me has ever "occured" to me... perhaps we're from entirely different worlds...

It crashed as much when it wasn't overclocked .....

Besides, I was referring to My earlier build with the Celeron 2.4 and the P4P800SE....

As bad as Vista was or can be it was never as malfunctional as XP or ME was, is....

Those two programs took the cake...

They'rre finally at the point of semi-usable and now they're changing it again....:(:(:(:(:(

That's typical....

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #997 ·
Oh yeah..it could only be me......Like Microsoft has never released a substandard product...

with no bugs...ever....

What do yu think I grew up on the EAST SIDE??????

That's what I liked about Apple, at least they tested their stuff further before attempting to show it to the public...

Their first OS was more stable than even Vista is at times....

not with all of these "shells" and stuff..

· Registered
8,815 Posts
with no bugs...ever....
ALL software has bugs. No exceptions.

That's what I liked about Apple, at least they tested their stuff further before attempting to show it to the public...

Their first OS was more stable than even Vista is at times....
Oh puh-lease. We have a backroom full of ****ed-up macs. Shall i take a picture for you?

As for their "stable" OS, I have to reboot this thing once a week because it semi-locks. My dock won't come out of hiding anymore and mouse-over dropdown menus refuse to work anymore. It leaks memory as well. After a reboot I'll start off with about 35% memory used, and it will slowly creep up through the week to 95ish for no reason. I don't remember the last time I rebooted my Vista machine.

OSX is nice. But reports of it being so much better than windows are just bull**** hype, and you buy into it just like ever other fool who thinks it's a contest and have to choose their allegiance.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,000 ·
XP is completely stable unless you're a retard with your computer.
Well I guess that would include my Dad and some of my friends too..

I guess they all had a mental impairment that prevented them from truly enjoying XP.....

981 - 1000 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.