Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 1121 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Spyhop, it looks like you may just as well have explained quantum physics to a brick wall.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
Spyhop, it looks like you may just as well have explained quantum physics to a brick wall.
Well, at least I'm solid mate............

maybe not mentally, but I'm solid.....

Edit, sorry to go to the "dark side there"
....ok I'm back...

ANYWAYS:

Here's another one that's definitely in my price range and that my Dad would support...it's by NCIX..

Also 28inches.. Does any of you know if ViewSonic is any better than I-Inc or Ben-Q etc????

Anyways here...
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25280&vpn=VX2835WM&manufacture=ViewSonic

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
A dual monitor set up for you would be pointless...

The only name out of that list you mentioned that I recognise is BenQ by the way.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
A dual monitor set up for you would be pointless...
Why do you say that?? Because of PCSX 2?????

I can already do it with the Dell and the TV.......

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Basically yes...I mean over half the time you would have nothing displayed on the second screen.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
Basically yes...I mean over half the time you would have nothing displayed on the second screen.
Could you be perhaps referring to my choice of dual core over QUAD????? Cause if it's PCSX2 I wouldn't be doing a lot of anything outside of it except maybe watching the RAM/CPU usage for testing purposes or maybe incoming emails....

Awwww I was just kidding earlier, but not about the monitor itself, just the dualies....

besides, I already got two or three screens sitting around here thta I don't use anyway and TWO of them are actually high resolution, but old...

If I gotta conform to the usual here and go for a true PC Monitor thenI at least want it to be as big as ****ing possible... So the visual treat I'm experienceing here with the Trinitron here continues (only more so) Heck as a cheaper second monitor, I could use the Trinitron or Dell as a second....just for watching emails etc....

By the way, everybody, I'm not STUPID here...I do know that distance/near far and icon size is proportional, but if I did set the I-inc 28 up several notches I could fit a hell of a lot more crap on the screen.... - so in that way I would gain - but that's only one bonus...

Basically as I stated yesterday twice I just want the improved CLARITY......

And now that I think of it 28 is pretty close to 32 inches which I got right now...

Anyways, that's all...thanks for tuning in....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
So $400 is justified just by a bit of hardware monitoring and an email now and then?

You keep on saying you're on a budget but at the same time you keep on looking at expensive components as if they will cost you less than half a week's pocket change...

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
See why I want the dman CLARITY??????, yet the Size also...

I can see that facepalm image, but I can't read the ****ing text below it....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ok, I guess this Trinitrion has still got some life in it's pixels....figured it out...

Very funny...... But at the same time, PCSX2 don't hog the whole system 100% of the time, espceially now that they gone and optomized it with Playground 2 Version....

But that's beside the point,, the point is that I DO use the second monitor for watching emails off on the side, the news ticker, the weather or stock ticker once in a while or msn.....

Jesus..I think I just lost my train of thought....:(:(:(:(:(

I don't think so............

Like I always said from the beginning of this thread, I want the biggest ****ing monitor possible.... so this is going to take a little research.....

[

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
So $400 is justified just by a bit of hardware monitoring and an email now and then?
LOL!!!!!!!! I'm just joking man.......... Can you even imagine how BIG that would be... two 28" Monitors on one desk.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not to mention the Weight......

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Clarity has less to do with size and more to do with resolution and display quality. Don't think that the biggest display will give you the best clarity. On the contrare, a large display with a very low resolution (such as yours) will look more blurred. On top of that, televisions often aren't as clear as monitors for PC displays.

I have what's technically considered an HD television, but it's a rear projection 1080i 56" CRT type, so using component input from my PC gives a very blurry image (at least when I tried at 1280x720p, which it's supposed to upscale to 1080i very smoothly), but input from HD broadcasting over the same input comes in very clear. In fact, it looked no better than an S-Video connection, even though the display itself looks otherwise clear from broadcasting. I haven't tried using it's DVI port yet. The thing is DVI-D, and all of my adapters are DVI-I, so they won't fit. I'm thinking of picking up an adapter from Newegg to try it out, but I'm doubting it'll help, and I hardly use my PC on my television anyway. I tried it just to try it (though Dead Space looked pretty good).

I've found that most televisions don't do so good as PC monitors. Some of the better true HD LCD ones may, but that at that point, unless the PC is being used solely as a HTPC or something, you're better off saving half the money and getting a real PC display.

Also, I'll follow your idea of seeing the display in person before buying it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so buy something you think looks good.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
I have what's technically considered an HD television, but it's a rear projection 1080i 56" CRT type, so using component input from my PC gives a very blurry image (at least when I tried at 1280x720p, which it's supposed to upscale to 1080i very smoothly),
Almost every 1080i TV I've ever seen aren't 1080 native. They're 1366x768. (some are even 1024x768....bleh) They only say they accept 1080i video for marketting purposes.

Change your resolution to 1360x768 and try again.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Wait a minute!!!!!!!

I just had an Epiphany......

it just hit me that I'm doing it again..

I'm giving in and settling for less than I can truly be......

I ain't going with no 28" ****ing inch.... Iain't going with nuttin below 40"!!!!!!!!!

I keep changing my mind here when I know the original idea was damn good...

After all like I said tweo days ago I HAVE SEEN IT IN PERSON and I know like Zedeck said ("beauty is in the eye of the beholder") that anything above 40" and a 1080p resolution looks decent as a computer monitor, it's just in fact really really big...

They make em this big for a reason, and I'd be crazy not to take this opportunity now that the prices are so low to grab the biggest f-ing HDTV monitor I can get my hands on!!!!!!!!!!

Naw,, Daddy's back IN FULL!!!!!

I just "went away" there for a few hours...but now I'm back and I'm ready like Brewster in "Brewster's Millions" to go for the 300 MIllion!!!!!!! Instead of just 30.....

I'm gettin either the Dynex 1080p 42" or the LG 1080p 42" or even the Daytek 46" 1080p Widescreen if I have to...

I want the Biggie and I want it by May....(at the latest)

If I had given in earlier this year I wouldn't have the Big E8600 and the Dominator Ram.... sometimes it pays to stick to your guns.....:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

And I'm afraid that's what's gonna happen this time...........

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
If you want a big ass screen so bad, get a projector. o_O
I dunno I was always told that Projectors suck even worse than TV's at the role of PC Monitor.....

A friend of my Mother's has one and uses it as a desktop monitor and she says the icons are too big (like basket balls) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Just noticed you are a ViewSonic user....too bad you didn't catch me earlier when I WAS OUT OF MY MIND:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
The Dominator RAM huh? I seem to recall you having problems with that :p

You are (in your mind) settling for less than you truly can get, as for what you truly can be, I don't think it's possible for you to be any more incorrect, confused, missinformed and wrong than you currently are.

YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT IN PERSON. What you have seen in person is a crappy-ass wannabe HDTV which you would have been well deserved getting stuck with considering your entirely incorrect and skewed view on everything.

Have you never noticed how things get bigger the closer they are to you?

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
A friend of my Mother's has one and uses it as a desktop monitor and she says the icons are too big (like basket balls) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
Oh but according to you the visual quality will be stupendous then, I mean the bigger something is according to you the better the visual quality. Just imagine now if you had an icon as big as your entire wall, it would be friggin piece of artwork wrothy of being hung up in the louvre, I mean something that big can't possibly have visual quality deserving of anything less.

Also projectors are not confined to one size, bring them closer to the object being projected on and the image gets smaller, move them further away from the surface being projected on and the image gets bigger.....so you mother's daft friend just needs to move the projector closer to the surface it's projecting on...

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT IN PERSON. What you have seen in person is a crappy-ass wannabe HDTV which you would have been well deserved getting stuck with considering your entirely incorrect and skewed view on everything.
All I know is I have seen it in person, and it looked good therefore I wanted it....I just didn't think the first time I saw it it was possible...

However things are different now than they were 3 month's ago...

Unless my memory fails me (visually) it still looked good enough and apparently it's still good enough for them to use as a display model as I spoke to the guy this morning and they still use it...

And by different I mean that NOW I am aware of the price..

I jumped to a conclusion earlier (that it was 2000-3000 dollars), but in fact they start as low as 700 and 600..... and can offer pretty decent resolution... Certainly better than an outdated Trinitron that's still 4:3

..... I would be LUCKY to have even their cheapest ass model starting at 700 at this very moment compared to a blurry old Triniron that doesn't even have HDMI/VGA inputs for this purpose anyway....

That's all I'm saying.....

I'm not brain-damaged here, but when I get a good idea I tend to stick with it, rather than do a 180 and go with something totally different...like I almost did....

Also projectors are not confined to one size, bring them closer to the object being projected on and the image gets smaller, move them further away from the surface being projected on and the image gets bigger.....so you mother's daft friend just needs to move the projector closer to the surface it's projecting on...
she must be talking about something else then...doesn't sound quite right..... maybe it was just a super wide screen - cause I don't think she can physically move it....

Not without a team of body-builders anyway!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh but according to you the visual quality will be stupendous then, I mean the bigger something is according to you the better the visual quality. Just imagine now if you had an icon as big as your entire wall, it would be friggin piece of artwork wrothy of being hung up in the louvre, I mean something that big can't possibly have visual quality deserving of anything less.
Jesus, where's Phil????? THAT should be quote of the year!!!!!!!

81 - 100 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.