Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
841 - 860 of 1121 Posts

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Once again the 720p from LG (42LG30) cause it's only 700.00 something and there's lots in stock

If the bigger one comes down (the 1080p) one - 42LG50, then obviously I'd opt for that....

and remember, these are 42" inchers so I can't be too picky....

Damn I wish one of you had a 1080p that you're using as a desktop for some photos, but that's ok, if I haven't proven my point 800 posts in by now, I don't think I ever will......

Thanks anyway......

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #846 · (Edited)
OMG....oOoOoOoO

edit::

Well I see these TV's are selling like hot cakes again....

Apparently 720p is good enough for some people...

They had 10 left, now in NewBrunswick they're down to 7.... I don't know what they have in the city that isn't listed officially, but it probably amounts to tit....

Sorry,

What I mean is I could be S.O.L. so to speak and left up high and dry...

I'll get something, but it may force me to have to get the Vision Quest, unless another Brand name comes down...

According to our friends at Futureshop, the stock is dwindling.... So what I'm saying is I might have to put this together a little sooner than I planned - If I want the GOOd one...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0770HDS0010100230&catid=23524&logon=&langid=EN

Are you sure none of you know of any other North American deals on 720p/1080p Tv's that are in the 700-800 range???

Just checking one last time...

Wel, whatever I end up with it'll be good.....

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #847 · (Edited)
Brands mean jack **** when it comes to displays.
Display quality, features, a preview viewing and the case styling are all that matters

If a tv qualifies for you in all 4 then it's perfectly viable.
Doesn't matter if it's a viewsonic or a samsung lol
I'm afraid with the dwindling stock it may force me to take this guys advice...

HMMMM maybe if I acted in the next week or two...

I'll talk to my folks......Hey who knows, maybe there'll be a deal on a 2009 model.....

Ahaaa...The Dream is so close......

I see I'm not the only one....

TV as Computer Monitor

HDTV to The Rescue

With the growing popularity of high-definition television, users are presented with a more tantalizing alternative, one where quality and versatility need not be sacrificed. Even the lower echelons of HD televisions offer a multitude of both analog and digital video input connections. And many come equipped with VGA and DVI inputs, allowing for direct connections to your computer's video output. Video card manufacturers have quickly responded to the demand for HD by including dual DVI outputs to support more than one display, as well as HDMI connections for uncompressed digital video and audio transmission.

The only conceivable drawback to using HDTV is obviously the cost. Used exclusively as a computer monitor, it is difficult to justify such a daunting expense. But if you've already got a large HDTV and you can't wait to see what a Windows or Mac display looks like on a 50-inch screen, go for it!
Don't worry I can justify it....But the question is....can YOU?????:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Just kidding...don't Spam me.....

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #849 ·
Yeah, my left field idea seemed to turn a few heads on this Hardware forum....

However it seemed to get the vote of two - what I consider to be GENIUSES on this emu forum... runawayprisoner, and cottonvibes....

..at least they said they had done it too...that's what I mean

I firmly believe in the saying "great minds think alike".....:lol:

Although, I have to admit, I'm not so much into games and pcsx2 at the moment.... more into surfing and desktop computing.../music....

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #851 · (Edited)
Truth is the Trinitron 32" TV I'm using now as my monitor spoiled me....

It's been 6 months now..... I can't go back.....

And I love the big icons, huge windows and system tray also....

I can read my email from 10 feet away clearly....

well almost clearly....

640X480 SUCKS as a Vista desktop....

so if I gettin the 42" HDTV I gain some WIDTH and the icons don't shrink too much anyway....

I'll be gettin 1366 by 768 a KNOWN acceptable monitor display (at least according to NEC)) and If I luck out then 1920 X1080 - true 1080p - another acceptable widescreen monitor resolution...

And I won't have to lose any HEIGHT either...
It's just that this one will be Crystal Clear...

I know, cause I checked one out 2 weeks ago...

The only conceivable drawback to using HDTV is obviously the cost. Used exclusively as a computer monitor, it is difficult to justify such a daunting expense. But if you've already got a large HDTV and you can't wait to see what a Windows or Mac display looks like on a 50-inch screen, go for it!
I can justify it.... it's a little known emotion called happiness....:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #852 ·

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #854 ·
What you mean the HDMI or the DVI?/?? Graphic card s nowadays come with that...as long as the Tv as an HDMI in or a DVI in I can line it directly to the TV display and hopefully not lose any quality...

ALthough masta g last week said only VGA worked with his system....

But regardless, it has all three...at least the Vision Quest 42" at CBIT Winnipeg does....

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #856 ·
Well what am I supposed to do if it don't have the DVI????

That just leaves VGA...

I think there's a DVI to HDMI adapter....

otherwise I'm S.O.L.... so to speak there mate....:(:(:(:(:(:(

841 - 860 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.