Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
801 - 820 of 1121 Posts

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #801 ·
Bah, I want to see some OLED reviews, seeing as how it looked as if it could break only by touching it.

Gameman, make up ur mind man, more than 20 a day and still no decision making.
Nah, if you look at my stats I only make 6-7 posts a day.... (average)...

I've pretty much decided on the 42LG30 if it's still there and the 42LG50 if it comes down, other than that it leaves me with the cheap choices..... which don't look so pretty....

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
has a better resolution though...don't know if it makes it WUXGA or WXGA but there you go...

2560x1600 pixels
Yeah, that's WQXGA. Higher res than what I'm at, too. I'll be getting something similar when I begin building my new PC.

In the meantime, check out this info on Wikipedia... Link

oyu see now why I stayed away from Monitors for the past year...I obviously don't know the first thing about them.....

Tv's however...I'm slowly learning....

I think perhaps we'll just leave it at those shots you took for me last week of your 42" TV..... showing the beautiful Windows 7 Desktop.....and call it a day...Cause I didn't gain anything, here, in fact I went back to the year 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil must have been talking about something else - or pulling my leg....
LCD HDTVs have a refresh rate just like LCD PC monitors. It's usually not advertised and expressed in Hz(60Hz, 120Hz, 480Hz, etc.) instead of a GTG refresh rate(8ms, 6ms, 2ms, etc.).

On the bright side, you're less likely to notice ghosting artifacts on an HDTV because most of them have a GTG of 12ms or faster. Monitor-wise, I prefer a GTG of 8ms or faster. I shoot for 2ms so long as the price is reasonable and it's from a trusted brand.

Phil's Syncmaster is a PC LCD display that I'd highly recommend, btw. ;)

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #803 · (Edited)
So THATS what he was talking about....

And it was WQXGA or something also.... OK... will write that down...

I'm not saying I'm considering a PC Monitor, just maybe as a second display next to the 42" HDTV....

But I still like me the BIG monitors, sorry displays....

I love being able to read email from across the room....

It is a wide version of UXGA, and is appropriate for viewing North American HDTV content (ATSC). These formats use a 1920×1080 image at a 16:9 ratio, which is displayed well on WUXGA – the image is slightly letterboxed, but maintains aspect ratio. Since the display is slightly larger than the corresponding 1080 HD source, the video can play at native resolution with no scaling required; the extra 60 lines above and below the image are simply unused
That's nice, but doesn't it stand to reason that a 1920 by 1080 source is even bETTER displayed on a 1920 by 1080 Screen.....no leftovers.....

Right?????

I'm of course referring to the 42LG50 or my various other choices....

And I don't mean as a cable signal or DVD...
I mean on the hard drive and lined out through the graphics card to the tv in question.....if it's even possible with my 9800 GTX+ ....

Or would it not be true HD???

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
13,131 Posts
Yo gameman, this morning I woke up and decided I needed a 42" tv to use for an output from a laptop etc.

So I spent 5 minutes, picked one at a price I was willing to pay that had the features I needed. I bought it and went outside to get on with my life.

Took me very little thought and I still made a great choice.
Your time investment is poor.
One must value himself in a low status if he overplans small decisions.

Go out to a store, look at some tv's. Look at the feature set. Ask the assistant if he can wing you a discount.
Then buy it.

Thank me later.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #805 · (Edited)
I did, he said 699.99 cause it was the floor model...

I'm just holding out for a better deal, cause frankly that HDTV was crapola in a box.... I want a better brand, which is why this is taking so long....

Yeah I know I made a lot of posts today - probabaly a record number, but I wasn';'t doing anythingelse anyway....

Call it my St. Paddies Day Surprise...

:angry::angry:Surprise!!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry:

Now, back on topic here.....which TV????????

The 720p or the 1080p??????

Don't worry, we're almost done here.....

edit:HAH!!! Got me a new piece of hardware today,,and I didn't have to spend a cent.....

Now that's value.....

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
13,131 Posts
I did, he said 699.99 cause it was the floor model...

I'm just holding out for a better deal, cause frankly that HDTV was crapola in a box.... I want a better brand, which is why this is taking so long....

Yeah I know I made a lot of posts today - probabaly a record number, but I wasn';'t doing anythingelse anyway....

Call it my St. Paddies Day Surprise...

:angry::angry:Surprise!!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry:

Now, back on topic here.....which TV????????

The 720p or the 1080p??????

Don't worry, we're almost done here.....

edit:HAH!!! Got me a new piece of hardware today,,and I didn't have to spend a cent.....

Now that's value.....
Brand?

Brands mean jack **** when it comes to displays.
Display quality, features, a preview viewing and the case styling are all that matters

If a tv qualifies for you in all 4 then it's perfectly viable.
Doesn't matter if it's a viewsonic or a samsung lol

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
****, 41 pages? You could have come to a solid conclusion from information given to you in the first page.

If 41 pages of expert knowledge isn't enough, you'll never find a TV.

edit: unlocked against my better judgement (Xtra Large PC Fan). :p

·
Site Owner
18,081 Posts
Yeah, that's WQXGA. Higher res than what I'm at, too. I'll be getting something similar when I begin building my new PC.

In the meantime, check out this info on Wikipedia... Link

LCD HDTVs have a refresh rate just like LCD PC monitors. It's usually not advertised and expressed in Hz(60Hz, 120Hz, 480Hz, etc.) instead of a GTG refresh rate(8ms, 6ms, 2ms, etc.).

On the bright side, you're less likely to notice ghosting artifacts on an HDTV because most of them have a GTG of 12ms or faster. Monitor-wise, I prefer a GTG of 8ms or faster. I shoot for 2ms so long as the price is reasonable and it's from a trusted brand.

801 - 820 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.