Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 1121 Posts

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
I played World of Warcraft for 4-5 hours today and my eyes are now as red as tomatoes and really sore,
I have been using the 32" Trinitron as my monitor for 5 months now 8+hours a day and never had that red eye problem......YET anyway.....

Thanks though......

Incidently, if you look at the above pictures I posted, you can see that it has it's own stand...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I live in a management owned apartment complex and cannot drill holes and such into walls without serious penalty or eviction....:(:(:(:(:(

My argument was about the complete pointlessness of spending more money on a bigger monitor when you're forced to sit further away from it because it's too big. 24" at 1 foot or a 42" at 6 feet.....your eyes don't know the *****ing difference.
Well I have to admit the display would be rather attractive looking so I might sit a little closer than 6 feet, otherwise you're right, what's the point...

I'm pretty sure my eyes are up to the job...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Edit:

Like I said of the otherone...it even COMES WITH A PC/MAC VGA CONNECTION so obviously they expect you to do this and I wouldn't be the first one.....

I like all those inputs....

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Why would you use that VGA connector? Use the HDMI.
(I assume you mean these )

You know you timing/intuition is impeccable......I was just on the phone with my local computer store asking them about just that.....

He said their display was actually used for gaming demonstrations of the various graphicvs cards and that the signal was so clear cause they used DVI and HDMI...

I'm not sure but I think my graphics card comes with that, if not, there might be an adapter available or I could always get a quick 4850/4830 since they've drastically comedown in price.....

He told me their display was infact not Vision Quest but Daytek and it was 46 inches and not 42.....

Before I even consider this new information, I'm gonna shop around and actually GO to some of these TV stores and have them hook a laptop or something up to one of their VGA/HDMI inputs and SEE how it actually looks...

Thanks for pointing that out...

Makes me wish I had gone for the 4870 instead of the 9800 gTX, but a 2600 pro/3850 might be able to do the job... I know the 4830 can and it's dirt cheap up here.....

never even considered that, but for now, wouldn't the PC connection above be good enough??? Or would I not be taking full advantage of the monitor's great capabilities????

Just curious....

Thanks.......

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Always use the best connection you can get, but in the case of VGA vs DVI/HDMI (HDMI is just DVI with sound), it isn't that big. That's actually putting it mildly. It's basically next to nothing. It literally is nothing on any CRT display (since the display is analog anyway), and it's next to nothing on an LCD. Most people can't even tell the difference. Don't worry about it. You would, however, see a large difference between VGA/DVI/HDMI and anything lower (like component, S-Video, or composite), so just make sure you stick to either VGA, DVI, or HDMI. In all but a rare few cases, you'll get about the same end results.

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Always use the best connection you can get, but in the case of VGA vs DVI/HDMI (HDMI is just DVI with sound), it isn't that big. That's actually putting it mildly.
Thanks again Zedeck....Just so long as it's sharp and not slightly blurry like it sometimes is now.... Sometimes.....

I can use it daily, but I'll admit it's not perfect...... it is after all OLD TV technology.... :dead::dead::dead::dead:

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
I almost always can. HDMI is there. Use it.
what about my graphics card being the Nvidia 9800 GTX and not a Radeon????? Could that be a problem when attempting a potential HDMI connection....Cause I looked at the Nvidia Box and it says nothing about DVI/HDMI....just something about an adapter...... or is that not TRUE HDMI??????

Cause I looked at the Nvidia Box and it says nothing about DVI/HDMI....just something about an adapter...... or is that not TRUE HDMI??????
oops double post,, was meantt to be an edit, I'm doing this from the Thunderbird Browser - sucks

Anyways All I sees is two VGA's and an S-Video........

Am I S.O.L.???????:(:(:(:(:(

oops, my apologiess...

Those ARE two DVI outputs....

my mistake - thought they were VGA's....poor memory oooopppps

Edit: at least I think they are...not sure never had to use em except for this old Dell monitor in Dual setup - Wait a minute!!!!!!!!

As I recall, without getting up, I had to use an ADAPTER.... - it wasn't DVI to VGA.....rather it was VGA to DVI!!!!!!!!!!!

Aha... figured it out... Sorry for the confusion...

It's just that the E8600 Super-Beast is placed IN the desk shelf holder and turned around so the only way I can view the plugins and jacks is by getting into the crawl -space - and I'm a big guy..... I apologize....just disregard this last post....

I must apologize for this one - I know I put my foot in my mouth several times a day, but please bear with me - I'm still new to all this P.C./TV ****..... Thanks

oh, and not to backtrack - but sometimes I DO have good ideas.....

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Here's another idea, a genuine computer monitor like Phil said, but the resolution is not better......

It is 1080p but the resolution is atill 1900 by 1000 something....

Considerably cheaper though.......

Although I'm not sure I want it that close or on my desk.....

Would probably collapse the desk.....Plus it is a HELL of a lot smaller than the 42LG50 I'm looking at.......or even the Vision Quest 1080i one...

Just a thought though......

I-Inc iF-281DPB 28" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 3ms, WUXGA 1920x1200, HDMI, D-sub, Built-In Speakers in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

My Dad offered to buy it for me as an add-on to the original computer......I dunno...I can pay for the HDTV 42" myself, but a 28 inch freebie.......maybe....

I'm getting confused here... Might as well go see one of these 42/46 inch TV's with the desktop display on it and compare to a 28" one in a computer store to be able to tell the difference.......

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'd opt for a real monitor over a television myself.

With connections, it really depends. There's supposed to so little difference between DVI and VGA, or VGA and component, but some displays look better with one and not the other, and this is especially so with televisions. There are even cases of people getting blurry pictures with DVI, and then getting real sharp ones with VGA and an adapter. Try it and see. That's the only way you'll find the best picture.

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I dunno, but it seems so much smaller, even smaller than what I got now....

...so much for the big icons - I can basically kiss their ass goodbye.......

However, if it was for free, I COULD be convinced.....but like I said, I'd have to see it first.....

From what I've also heard, the 42"'s look awfully good with 1080p....... and starting at only 600-700.....

Think about it....

an extra 250-300 for almost DOUBLE the SIZE.......

Why wouldn't I get it/??????

I dunno, again....I'm thinking about it...but it doesn't seem like me to go with a LESSER purchase.....

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I dunno, but it seems so much smaller, even smaller than what I got now....

...so much for the big icons - I can basically kiss their ass goodbye.......
*facepalm*......I thought you were finally understanding. You were so close....

Maybe Grover can succeed in making you understand where I have failed.

Notice when Gover is far, he's small, and when he's near, he's big? Grover didn't actually change size, the only thing that changes is your perception of Grover. Therefore your icons will be just as big close up on a small monitor as they will be on a large tv when viewed from further away.

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Cute......I get the idea.......

all is not lost, I'm considering that 28 i-inc something one (the 28"PC Monitor)) seeing as how my Dad practically offered to pay for it (so long as it was a Genuine PC Monitor).... "Free" or almost free minus maybe a few hundred instead of 800 total all on my own is starting to look mighty attractive right about now....

Plus the fact that I could have it by as early as next month, whereas the bigger one wouldn't be possible until June.... at the rate my cash flows....

Interesting... and believe it or not, thanks again....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Currently on the "block" for consideration...

I dunno (yet again).... This is interesting.... it could go both ways.......

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Sadly I have to admit...I need something better right now or next month at the LATEST....

I'm not sure I got the BALLS to wait it out until June...when I could have it in as little as 3-4 weeks and for only a few hundred......

28 is pretty big for a high resolution PC Monitor.....

It's the PRICE or the hit in the Wallet that may be swaying me here....

Well I'll have to figure out something cause the money I'm getting in the next 3-4 weeks has either got to go towards this/or something totally different.....:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Gameman you're giving me a headache....

YOU CAN CONTROL THE FREAKING ICON SIZE REGARDLESS OF MONITOR SIZE OR RESOLUTION!!!!

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Remember what I said yesterday..

I'm Limited, so the cheaper the better...if it breaks down it's covered for a year and if it breaks after that I can always grab another one for 400.00

Besides this is the biggest one I can find that my Dad will go for, and if i want it FREE then I better go along......

I checked out Acer and Dell and all the others and the similar size for those models is like 1600.00 MINIMUM..... at least at that resolution anyways.....

You should be glad you swayed me this far...I'm not sure I wanna get into the particulars of Cheap monitor vs Good monitor cause then the size keeps getting smaller...and it's already (tentatively) down to 28 inches here..... A considerable drop from the big 42....

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Well I must admit you got me here......I 'm starting to seriously look at the 28" Genuine PC Monitors instead of the 42" TV's, but one thing strikes me, and that's the drastic size difference....

Would a 28 Monitor fit on my desk?????? Or is that too close for a 28????

As for cheap deals the worst review I've heard of this monitor is a stuck pixel occasionally.... But I've seen a stuck pixel before and if that's the worst then for 400 who's complaining - and remember mate, that's IF...most reviews were 100% positive - although they could be biased.... not sure.......

HAHA Since I was considering squirrelling away 800.00 for this purchase I could get TWO of these 28" PC Beasts and have Super Dual Monitor!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that Blow You Away......I suppose...

If the first one looks good, I may just do that.....

Or, pardon me is that beyond everyone's capability to comprehend...../?????

Remember son, I thing BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

So bear with me here......:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

61 - 80 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.