Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Like I said, I've still got a few weeks at least so I'm THINKING of it....If I want anything that's 1080p and 1920 by 1080 it's gonna be 1000 MINIMUM...that's all
No, It can be cheaper if you weren't being such a stubborn fool about the thing that should matter to you the least.

You want it cheap, and you won't budge from your idiotic 42" insistence. So you're either going to wind up with a low res display, or a high-res display with crappy color reproduction. You can't have it all.

Going down to a 32" will allow you to have everything. Affordability, picture quality, resolution and, yes, size. If you sat at the same desk as a 32" screen, it would be so huge it would extend to your peripheral vision. Pretty dumb if you ask me but you're completely married to the idea of it, so that's the way you do it.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
You know what, I'm done answering your questions. You pretend to take our advice for only a moment before you circle back around to your original idea. You come here asking for input and yet here we are on page 23 and absolutely nothing has changed since your OP. 23 pages of people trying to recommend the best screen for your uses and your budget and 23 pages of you wasting our time.

So gl with your purchase, I don't care about what you get anymore. I think we'd all take it as a kindness if you didn't waste our time with future threads of this nature.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
you remember a guy called Steve Jobs??? Bill Gates ripped his idea off for the personal computer with Windows as it was called....
No. The idea of a personal computer never belonged to either one of them, but Jobs did a lot to make a personal computer a reality. HOWEVER, the common misconception is that Gates "stole" the idea of a gui operating system from Apple. This isn't entirely true. Apple stole it from Xerox and once MS saw how big it was going to be, they stole it too, albeit through apple, but it wasn't apple's invention to begin with.

Jobs never sued, god knows why?????
Because he couldn't. Like I said, the gui operating system wasn't his.

PC was in fact a rip off of Macintosh....THEY WERE THE FIRST AND ALWAYS WILL BE....
First counts for nothing. Shall I list all the personal mp3 players that were out before the iPod?

Bill Gates, just had abetter marketing strategy....ask anyone....
He's also not a douche like Jobs is. People like working with Bill. Jobs, not so much.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
And I suppose you've personally worked with Jobs???? Am I correct???
The dispositions of both Jobs and Gates are common knowledge. Jobs is an *******.

I actually read his biography
You'd think you would know something about the history of apple and MS then.

And I've used MANY MANY Apple Macintosh computers.....
I'm using one right now.

Microsoft, with their Windows 7 stuff is just beginning to get to the point The ORIGINAL Macintosh "windows" was when it was first released on January 24, 1984...
You epitomize "fanboy"

And it Vista STILL crashes more often than any Mac I ever had....
I would attribute this more against the individual who built your computer and overclocked it by a ghz (you) and not against windows. My vista machine is solid as a rock. I honestly have more problems with my mac.

I honestly think you're just the type to buy hype.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
congratulations....you should be proud...and I mean that...
Why would I be proud? It's one thing to be happy with a purchase. If you're actually proud of it, though, then you're just a consumer whore.

That said, when I feel motivated enough I'm putting Vista on this machine. OSX is can be extremely annoying when you're using a computer for more specific tasks.

You'res machine is 100% Genuine...

Mine and almost everybody elses are Mac Windows wannabes....

and that's all they ever will be...
You need to get it out of your head that there's actually a "genuine" and "copies". It's not the case.

Neither Apple nor Microsoft can lay claim to the GUI operating system, neither company invented it, they both stole it. Let me see you repeat that so I know you understand.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Are you perhaps a FAN of Windows by any chance....
I'm not a fan of anything. Fanboyism is a trap. I weigh the benefits of everything on their own merit.

cause I noticed you were talking about putting Windows Vista on a Mac.... Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose????
No. OSX doesn't do what I want it to do. I'm therefore going to an OS that can better accommodate my needs.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
If so, then what's with you getting a Mac in the first place???

Wouldn't you think a PC would be better suited to your "needs".??????
I didn't buy it. It's at work. It was provided to me. And I gave leopard a try for a good year, I'm just tired of the tons of little things it won't do.

I personally found XP to be even worse...crashed even more/froze solid and needed a severe reboot...
Sooner or later you're going to have to take responsibility for your substandard build and stop blaming MS for your woes. Given stable hardware and a well-maintained OS, XP or Vista shouldn't be crashing. As I said before, my Vista machine is rock solid....and yours is very very overclocked. Did it occur to you that perhaps you only think your OC is stable and it isn't?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
with no bugs...ever....
ALL software has bugs. No exceptions.

That's what I liked about Apple, at least they tested their stuff further before attempting to show it to the public...

Their first OS was more stable than even Vista is at times....
Oh puh-lease. We have a backroom full of ****ed-up macs. Shall i take a picture for you?

As for their "stable" OS, I have to reboot this thing once a week because it semi-locks. My dock won't come out of hiding anymore and mouse-over dropdown menus refuse to work anymore. It leaks memory as well. After a reboot I'll start off with about 35% memory used, and it will slowly creep up through the week to 95ish for no reason. I don't remember the last time I rebooted my Vista machine.

OSX is nice. But reports of it being so much better than windows are just bull**** hype, and you buy into it just like ever other fool who thinks it's a contest and have to choose their allegiance.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Windows 7 > XP > ME > Vista.

.....Vista in that case doesn't even rate as a ME 2.0
:rolleyes:
I'd be willing to grant you xp over vista based on individual preference.....but rating vista under ME is just you being a fanboy. If you were forced into using ME for awhile, you'd be thanking the computer jesus if someone finally later let you use Vista.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It's the clarity I'm going for..... The resolution mate....
Bull****. You can get better clarity and resolution with a smaller computer monitor. You just want a big tv to wave your epeen around. The TV is going to look substantially worse, btw. 1366x768 is horribly low res by computer standards. Widescreen laptops often have a higher resolution for crying out loud.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.