Not open for further replies.
x_y_of_z_posts

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #561 (Edited)
[/URL]
1366x768 (Native Resolution):
Looks great. Nice and sharp and is higher res than 720p, so you wind up with additional desktop space. Personally, not my cup 'o tea since I'm used to a larger desktop, but an improvement on your side of things, Gameman.
Yeah, that's the one, to bad my Tv is so ****ty, and the camera has that effect when you take a picture of a picture...

good enough....

Yeah, the 1366 x768 and 720p one's convinced me,,,Nice and sharp is what I like to hear....

Is their anything else I need to know about this particular tV U are using their mate????

Cause I don't wanna get caught with my pants down.....

TO MASTA G

THANK YOU
THAN YOU
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AFTER ALL Opinions are one thing, but physical proof right here in my own hands is another!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(Or at least on my Hard Drive Anyway)

Pardon me, but going over that 1366 by 768 image that I've downloaded is simply amazing.... It's sure ****ing sharp....
Jeezzz!!!!!!

Excellent...

BTW masta g....

when you do the 1366 x 768 native (i assume with the tv's OWN options control panel, what does it report in the Windows Display Control Panel??? Just curious cause the one at Computer boulevard said 1920 by 1080 (Windows Display Control Panel) which must have been FALSE...cause if it was 1080i then wasn't it 1366 by 768 also?????

Interesting...

·
No sir, I don't like it.
x_posts
<yawn> just woke back up. off work today...

One thing worth noting is that in order for me to use that screen's native res, I had to hook it up with a standard 15pin VGA(RGB) cable.

When I was using XP, I could use an HDMI connector without any problems. For some reason under Windows 7 (maybe Vista too) I can't resize the desktop and sometimes when switching resolutions, the previous resolution "gets stuck" and just "zooms in". This is all with the HDMI connector...

So I would actually recommend using the PC input(on the TV), an RGB cable(*might* come with the TV), and a DVI to RGB video adapter(*might* have come with your video card).

EDIT:
BTW masta g....

when you do the 1366 x 768 native (i assume with the tv's OWN options control panel, what does it report in the Windows Display Control Panel??? Just curious cause the one at Computer boulevard said 1920 by 1080 (Windows Display Control Panel) which must have been FALSE...cause if it was 1080i then wasn't it 1366 by 768 also?????

Interesting...
I'm only able to properly use the native res via RGB cable and the TV's 'PC input'. The nVidia Control Panel identifies the TV as a computer monitor with a max res of 1366x768.

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #563 (Edited)
I'm only able to properly use the native res via RGB cable and the TV's 'PC input'. The nVidia Control Panel identifies the TV as a computer monitor with a max res of 1366x768.
I did a side by side comparison with Photoshop Editor and the results concerned me a little...

This isn't what to expect right??? Cause it looks exactly the same nect to my desktop...

Before I panic, that's because of my ****ty TV right???? It isn't capable of remotely reproducing what you saw when you took the picture right....

Just curious...

When I ZOOM in it's clearer though...

Edit: Sorry must have panicked there/jumped to the wrong conclusion....When I use Photoshop to Zoom into 68-70% ZOOM I can truly see what it is oyur eyes must've saw when you snapped the photograph....And if that's truly what MY eyes will see, then it's certainly worth the 800.00 Big Ones...

I think this is the most convincing proof of all...I'll have to show this to my parents and my friend here in the city....

It's too bad that Vision Quest sucks ass for Quality - cause it actually looks the same as that one.... and at only 699.99

But if this whole 30 pages has taught me at least ONE thing that's too go for Quality above all, so likely the 720p/1080i 42LG30 one I keep mentioning......it may not be perfect 1080p but it's by a good name , and at least I'll have it for the number of years until I can afford a True 1080p or higher after prices come down...

So thanks again, and I'll keep studying it...

Oh, I meant...What does the Windows Desktop Display Control Panel report when you have it at NATIVE????? Cause the one at CBIT was 720p too and said 1920 by 1080 which was obviously a load of bull-****....

·
No sir, I don't like it.
x_posts
Correct. The best way to view the pics would be on a progressive scan display at 100% zoom.

The icon size is adjustable and I am using Windows 7's default size. They can be adjusted as necessary. Same goes for Vista/XP too. :rolleyes:

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #565
Well ok folks, looks like I got me the GREEN LIGHT...so to speak....

So let's go for the 42LG30 (if it's still in stock by May/June)...

At least now I know how much I'll need, and how much to make the loan for...

Hopefully I'll get a big tax return again to help ease the burden....

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!

(Could be sooner though - you never know)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
x_posts

So let's go for the 42LG30 (if it's still in stock by May/June)...
Sounds good! :cool:

I think I'll go up to Waffle House to celebrate...

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #567
Sounds good! :cool:

I think I'll go up to Waffle House to celebrate...
Yeah, I should celebrate.....this is quite an occasion...

Seriously though, I'm happy and more than convinced...

I ZOOMED in like you said and if this is anywhere near what I am to expect for icon sharpness and clarity...than this is f-ing FANTASTIC.....

Sure is easier on the wallet....Besides, with the 1080 p still being out of reach as it were, it gives me something to look foward too in a year or two when the dough$$$$$ is a little better.....

Thanks for all your help...will do some searching now....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #568
So I would actually recommend using the PC input(on the TV), an RGB cable(*might* come with the TV), and a DVI to RGB video adapter(*might* have come with your video card).
i DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE BACK yet, but the guy at the store said I should use the HDMI connection..or whatever it is. He said the TWO DVI -outs on the 9800GTX+OC - one of which I have connected to my Dell with an RGB to DVI adapter that came from nVidia.. - Line out from the 9800 GTX+OC to the DVI-IN input in the back of the TV.....

What about S-Video, or don't that cut it??? That's what I'm using now to line out to the ol Trinitron.. - S Video to composite - an adapter that ALSO came with my video card.....

Cause I hear DVI/HDMI looks better....that's all....

That problem where you couldn't adjust the resolution may not Exist in Vista 64.....At least it better not....

My 9800 GTX+OC comes with HDMI and I intend to use it....

Even if the tv is only 720p.....

Oh Well, thanks anyways.......

·
From Love and Limerence
x_posts
This is in terms from greatest to least.

HDMI/DVI
VGA
Composite
S-Video
Component/RCA

There's a pretty big gap between the top three and bottom two.

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #570
Thanks, no wonder the S-Video is so Lo-FIII.....Jesus

found a temporary solution while I'm waiting for the GOOD Monitor.....

Reset Desktop resolution closer to Native...(Native SUCKS though - WAY to big)

How 'bout this???

Much sharper (to me anyways), but obviously not as good as even a cheap HDTV....at least I can read the smaller text in the Start Menu....

HAA!!! This reminds me of the resolution of the first Apple Macintosh..... Something like only 600 X 480 at best and black and white....

At least for now I'm not totally screwed...

·
From Love and Limerence
x_posts
I used the same connection method when I tried connecting my PC to my television. I used the S-Video to Component adapter. However, if you look at the S-Video out on the video card, and the adapter, it has more plugs than regular S-Video, so it's obvious some must be for if Component is used, so I'm not sure if any quality is lost, or if it was just the television, but it looked blurry for me too when I connected mine the same way (yet an actual Component connection from my television box looks fine for HD viewing).

My television has a DVI input, but it's a DVI-D connection (which is odd, since it's a rear projection CRT, which I thought was analog), and I don't have any DVI-D cables or adapters (just have DVI-I to VGA and DVI-A to VGA adapters). I'm contemplating picking up a DVI-D/DVI-D cable to try and see if it's the connection or just the television, but I don't use my PC on my television much anyway.

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #572
Hey, I can read your signature now..from 5 feet away....

Unlike before.....:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
x_posts
Good GOD this thread WINS.

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #574
Hey, Zedeck or someone...what happens when you set a pc desktop to a higher resolution than the native resolution the TV officially supports....

Does it looks as ****ty as my 800 by 600 was???? or are HDTV's capable of compensating for that better????

Just curious..

Thanks man....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
No sir, I don't like it.
x_posts
This is in terms from greatest to least.

HDMI/DVI
VGA
Component
S-Video
Composite/RCA

There's a pretty big gap between the top three and bottom two.
Component and composite/RCA were mixed up. :p

i DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE BACK yet, but the guy at the store said I should use the HDMI connection..or whatever it is. He said the TWO DVI -outs on the 9800GTX+OC - one of which I have connected to my Dell with an RGB to DVI adapter that came from nVidia.. - Line out from the 9800 GTX+OC to the DVI-IN input in the back of the TV.....

What about S-Video, or don't that cut it??? That's what I'm using now to line out to the ol Trinitron.. - S Video to composite - an adapter that ALSO came with my video card.....

Cause I hear DVI/HDMI looks better....that's all....

That problem where you couldn't adjust the resolution may not Exist in Vista 64.....At least it better not....

My 9800 GTX+OC comes with HDMI and I intend to use it....

Even if the tv is only 720p.....

Oh Well, thanks anyways.......
DVI/HDMI is without a doubt the best video quality as it keeps a straight digital connection from the video card to the display.

The reason I mention RGB is because the nVidia drivers have problems with HDTVs that have a native resolution of 1366x768. This *seems* to be a problem specifically with the Vista drivers. You wind up with overscan problems that the 'Resize My Desktop' option refuses to fix. You can try adjusting it, but it won't save your changes. No problems when I was on XP. :rolleyes: You can see the overscan problems on my 1080i and 720p pics. (the desktop goes beyond the edges of the TV screen) I took those while connected via HDMI.

When I hook up my laptop via VGA, the TV was automatically recognized as a monitor with a max res of 1366x768. No resizing was necessary. The difference in quality isn't noticeable at all.

Hey, Zedeck or someone...what happens when you set a pc desktop to a higher resolution than the native resolution the TV officially supports....

Does it looks as ****ty as my 800 by 600 was???? or are HDTV's capable of compensating for that better????

Just curious..

Thanks man....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
If it's hooked up via HDMI, it'll accept it as long as it's 1080i or lower.

If it's hooked up via VGA, you can only max it out at the native res. (1366x768)

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #576
If it's hooked up via HDMI, it'll accept it as long as it's 1080i or lower.

If it's hooked up via VGA, you can only max it out at the native res. (1366x768)
Well how was I getting 800 by 600 when Zedeckk and the others say it's really 640 by 480 or something like that????

Ever tried NVTray - it can override everything...

That's how i stumble upon my new resolution of 720 by 576 a few posts ago.....

Looks MUCH better, but of course bigger....

640 by 480 !!! Christ I feel like I'm viewing Windows through a PEEPHOLE!!!!!!!!!

Not Serviceable....

·
From Love and Limerence
x_posts
Component and composite/RCA were mixed up. :p
No, I had it right. Component (I'm referring to YPbPr, obviously) is definitely better than S-Video, and Composite (the Yellow plug, sometimes found with Red and White audio plugs) is definitely the worst. I probably made things confusing by adding RCA to the end of Composite, as RCA is a type of connector (that both Component and Composite use), not a connection type itself.

I'm not sure what resolution you are or were using Gameman. I just stated that I thought it was always 640x480 since your screenshots were always that size and showed no signs of having been resized.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
x_posts
Well how was I getting 800 by 600 when Zedeckk and the others say it's really 640 by 480 or something like that????
The TV chip on your video card internally renders an 800x600 resolution desktop and then rescales it down to the NTSC TV standard which is why higher resolutions look fuzzier.

In essence, it would be like me taking a screenshot of my desktop and then downsizing it to 640x480 and displaying it on an interlaced display.

·
Professional OC'er
x_posts
Discussion Starter #579
S-Video never worked on either of my setups...at least I haven't tried it with this one yet....may do that now....

The S-video they gave me was 5 pin and it takes 7 - pin so I never got a signal on my Celeron when using the TV///Haven't tried just Straight S-video on my Tv with the 9800 GTX however.... But I think I may still be screwed cause it's probably 7 pin or whatever....:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

·
No sir, I don't like it.
x_posts
No, I had it right. Component (I'm referring to YPbPr, obviously) is definitely better than S-Video, and Composite (the Yellow plug, sometimes found with Red and White audio plugs) is definitely the worst. I probably made things confusing by adding RCA to the end of Composite, as RCA is a type of connector (that both Component and Composite use), not a connection type itself.
...coulda' sworn I fixed the quote myself. :???:

x_y_of_z_posts
Status
Not open for further replies.