Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 1121 Posts

· PC game modder
12,998 Posts
Awesome! But yes, More chrome will make it look a lot better!

I think we need the "Spyhop says its a piece of ****" logo too!

I would gladly put it on my BenQ!:lol:

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Schumi....lets give up on this fool. I agree with all your points about it being a spoilt brat.

Its clear they are going nowhere monetarily, fast. Lets just let them waste their money and let them suffer.

Might even be fun seeing them make a choice they later to regret because they think bigger == better. xD

@Lord Zedeck: I respect your opinions. I know we can argue about the games all day, but lets don't :).
Sorry for not replying earlier mud, I was too busy trying to rushing to either convince Gameman of a good idea he had or trying to dissuade him from the next bad one to reply yesterday.

I want to help Gameman, I really do, and now and then he is open to a little advice and is not making absurd spoilt brat statements like it's ONLY 600...and after all the time I have invested in this I might as well try and see it through.

Also the problem is that said regret would be accompanied by a mountain of complaining and unreasonable expectations.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Also the problem is that said regret would be accompanied by a mountain of complaining and unreasonable expectations.
I though we made some progress here....

Expecting a 42 inch monitor for 700.00 is not unreasonable...

Especially when I know of over 8 locally available models to choose from (all varying in quality/price)....

The only thing I "expect" this time, and no I don't think it's unreasonable, is for it to be better than the Trinitron...

That's all...

I don't think that's asking too much is it??????:eyemove::eyemove:

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
I though we made some progress here....

Expecting a 42 inch monitor for 700.00 is not unreasonable...

Especially when I know of over 8 locally available models to choose from (all varying in quality/price)....

The only thing I "expect" this time, and no I don't think it's unreasonable, is for it to be better than the Trinitron...

That's all...

I don't think that's asking too much is it??????:eyemove::eyemove:
Congratulations for once again missunderstanding.

What I meant was the regret that might very well accompany a no-name brand purchase after it breaks just a few days after your warrantee expires where you are left sitting with a hunk of cheap plastic, circuits and glass and $600 down the can with nothing to show for it but the aforementioned pile of trash.
Or even just the regret of sitting without your new purchase a month down the line whilst it's in the shop being repaired for a week or so.
Or the regret of buying a 1080i or 720p television and then visiting a friend and seeing 1080p in all it's glory, knowing that you could have had that if you had just waited a little longer.

I bet you would have a choice few words and big bold yellow text to say about the above situations, when they would have all been your own damn fault.

Thankfully though I seem to have finally been able to save you from that regret and those choice words and big bold yellow text with a dozen :mad: smileys behind it now that you have mostly chosen the LG.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 · (Edited)
ok then....

I'll be back later after the Pool and the "TV-Viewings"

Just before I go - any specific questions I should ask??????

Or questions you would recommend??????

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 · (Edited)
A computer store called Tweakers about a 15 minute drive from me, Tweakers Custom Computers , I have been a customer since the store first opened and spend a large amount of money for high quality hardware from them , also quite good friends with the owners/employees :)

These are the dudes that repossesed your beast there??????

Are they still holding it?????

edit:

So I see Spyhop's the monitor-guy eh?????

ok....

let me get to work here.....

I'll let you know (including him) what I come up with today..... that is, of course if that's what I want... :p:p:p

I dunno........let's see

maybe I can make EVERYBODY happy here......

Oh, and since everybody's a fan of Sesame Street here (grover) - here's my point of view on big versus small when it comes to monitor size.....

Maybe this will help explain what I'm going for here and why the argument of near versus far don't cut any ice with me...in this decision.... (Remember: the same could be said about anything - and the converse also applies as I have said twice)

sorry - converse, I mean reverse.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIiMxOaj47o&NR=1

Just watch the first 4 or 5 seconds - you'll get the idea...

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Well I've seen it in person and confirmed it again....

The Daytek was sold earlier, but the Vision Quest 42 is still there and may be more coming in in May/June....

I know Vision Quest is lesser know but I had a chance to use the mouse and "take it for a spin" just like I do with my current one....and the clarity is unbelievable!!!!!!!!

It may not be 1080p (true HD) but it is stunning...

Absolutely perfect...

I stood 10 feet away and it was so clear I could make out the icons in the system tray (something I can barely do now)

I looked at the Windows "Personalize" Display panel and it was operating at 1920 x 1080 for some reason - at least that's what the display panel said..

The sales guy told me that the graphics card isn't capable of putting out 1080 p, but was maybe 720p/1080i.....The 1080p would only be for DVD Players/Cable Source - something I don't do currently...

I dunno, I think it was good...

I'm saying this cause the LG jumped up another 100.00 in price to 1000.00 so it puts it out of my immediate price range (August/September) whereas the Vision Quest at 699.99 I could do as early as May....

Has anyone here actually HAD bad experience with Vision Quest.....???

Cause it seems sufficient to me....

It's as big as I got now only clearer and a little wider.....

20 high by 40 something 30 something wide.....so I don't lose anything, but in fact GAIN some desktop space.....

VISION QUEST REMBRANDT LVQ-42EF1A 1080i TV

VisionQuest Consumer Electronics - LVQ-42EF1A:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Looks like common sense and reason lost the battle to greed.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
I dunno, I'm not commited here....

I'm just saying that the 1080i doesn't look so bad, so it's a definite possibility.....But either way I'm waiting til at least May anyway so it might as well be a better one...

Just can't find any that are cheaper now....

Only this one

RCA 42" 1080p LCD HDTV 799.99

Now this seems like a better brand....what's your opinion on RCA?????

Cause the LG's now a THOUSAND....

at least now that I have seen one in person I know know that a 42" TV (of any kind - good or bad) doesn't look so bad as a pc monitor....

That Desktop was Crystal Clear - even from 10 feet away...I don't know what all this "blurriness" is everyone's talking about.....If you want blurry you should come see my Trinitron....

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
never heard of em...of all the cheap brands you have mentioned I will admit that I like the VisionQuest the most as it's pretty much the only one I have heard of...but I would rather not settle and just remain patient.

Also I recall you saying at one point you could go up to 1200....

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 · (Edited)
never heard of em...of all the cheap brands you have mentioned I will admit that I like the VisionQuest the most as it's pretty much the only one I have heard of...but I would rather not settle and just remain patient.

Also I recall you saying at one point you could go up to 1200....
of course,....technically the longer I wait the more money I accumulate....I mean, I could wait forever and get a 63 inch like I saw today at Best Buy (obviously too big - even for me) but that would take years.....

1200 would mean like not until september/October...before I had all the cash in my hand....

I gotta say (even if it's not this one) with anything 42"

The height is the same as the Trinitron (plus maybe half an inch) and the Width is 38-40...

So I don't lose anything.....

The icon/desktop space remains the same proportions - maybe a little bigger, and I actually GAIN physical desktop space...

With a 40" HDTV sadly however I LOSE desktop space/ or height anyway -only 18-19 inches in height....

So 42" seems to be the magic number for this upgrade to make sense...at least so I don't lose anything compared to the Trinitron in terms of size...

So that leaves the Dynex / Insignia and RCA and of course the lower quality Vision Quest - which actually looked alright...

Unless I wait in which case that could mean the LG/Samsung 42 inch etc......

I dunno, it looks tempting

241 - 260 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.