Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 1121 Posts

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
What????oOoOoOoOoO

So now SAMSUNG ain't even good enough????

Gotta admit, their burners are kind of cheap....

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
People like Samsung Productions because it's Cheaper than Sony/Panasonic,and frankly their productions has some good quality but not like Sony's Tv,Personally i prefer Sony Tv's than Samsung.AMAZING PRODUCTIONS.
Sony overcharges because they're sony. The Aquos is nicer than the Bravia and it's priced much cheaper.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Samsung is fine. Ignore him Gameman.

Warranties exist so you can feel safe about spending a few 100, not so you can take a gamble with a few hundred and fall back on the warrantee.

Also let's not forget for that time where it possibly breaks you will be stuck without your bigass TV and monitor and will be forced to go back to Triiniton for at least a day or two possibly longer.

Who cares if it looks sharp, if you can get BETTER by just waiting a little longer perhaps, or settling for slightly smaller?

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 · (Edited)
What's Aquos????? never seen that in my life - this is the first I'm hearing of it....

Is it a HDTV???? or a Computer monitor????

Samsung is fine. Ignore him Gameman.

Warranties exist so you can feel safe about spending a few 100, not so you can take a gamble with a few hundred and fall back on the warrantee.

Also let's not forget for that time where it possibly breaks you will be stuck without your bigass TV and monitor and will be forced to go back to Triiniton for at least a day or two possibly longer.

Who cares if it looks sharp, if you can get BETTER by just waiting a little longer perhaps, or settling for slightly smaller?
Ok, I could get the Sony/LG maybe - but dude, that put's me into June.....

The Samsung I could have right now, but like I said it is smaller -although once you go above 30 inches it may not matter anyway....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Ceace your impatience you spoilt little rich kid and have the patience to wait for quality.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
It's not that I'm impatient/always get what I want right now, it's that I didn't wanna make the questioning of this purchase and initiation of the thread itself seem like it wass too early......

Casue I just wanna make a simple intelligent decision/purchase and not have a big long, drawn out production like I did with the E8600 last fall..

That's all...

Heck I didn't even think this would go beyond 2 pages.......

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
so you want to settle for less for us, the people that are telling you to wait to get more?......

yep makes perfect sense....or wait....hmm no sorry I don't see it.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Jesus Christ!!!! (sorry)

I just checked out Aquoos at Best Buy (the cheapest in the city) (Except for Zeller/Wal-Mart and the equivilant Aquos in my size is WAY outta my range - or as much as the Daytek 46 would be....

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926HDS0010109985&catid=24558

Doesn't even seem to come in at under 1000.00 - but that's just first glance....I even saw some Bravia's that were cheaper...

Sorry, but that's a little beyond my current financial forecast....

Unless I wanna wait until September/October and Winter again....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
We never told you to get one...it was merely mentioned and then further explained upon your questioning....

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
you're dummy?..no you're dummy,Samsung cars about Middle eastern countries than western countries,Why?....they gaining more,from us buddy.

People like Samsung Productions because it's Cheaper than Sony/Panasonic,and frankly their productions has some good quality but not like Sony's Tv,Personally i prefer Sony Tv's than Samsung.AMAZING PRODUCTIONS.
You laughed at the idea of getting a samsung lcd hdtv, they are now just as good as sony.

Samsung LCDs are of equivalent image quality and equivalent reliablilty to Sony, even slightly better when you compare them at equivalent price points.

Sony was at one time the top dog in the tv market, but their mid level consumer level hdtvs have dropped a bit in quality in past years as well as the competition has caught up a bit. Only their top tier higher end XBR tvs may still be slightly above the rest. Samsung now cators to the high end as well.

This is a super high end samsung tv coming out soon.
CES 2009: Samsung 8000 Series F - 240Hz LCD TV with LED Backlight | DisplayBlog

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 · (Edited)
wow 240 HZ....

nice....

but a million dollars right?/?

Anyways, what's so severe about taking the risk with Computer Boulevard???? They usually back up their **** anyway..... I mean, we're assuming IF it breaks down...

And anyway I'm sure they'd replace it or risk a big lawsuit...

However if yous think the Samsung is acceptable brand quality then I'll make a point of seeing one tomorrow when I go to Best Buy AND Cbit and Futureshop etc..

But I'm bringin a measuring tape.......

Here's a DECENT sized one that would make a good cinema tv and a pc desktop......(pc desktop first))...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926HDS0010099580&logon=&langid=EN

It's by Samsung, the last favorite for this hour.....
Hoever I'm not sure that it's 1080p, but rather 1080i/720p

So it would effectively be no better picture quality than the Rembrandt one I mentioned a few posts up by CBIT...

The only bonus is it's by Samsung so theirs the higher quality - but how do I know even IT wouldn't break down too/???????

A good sign is that it's in stock and this is their regular price, but like I said it's a hundred extra bucks for the same thing as the Rembrandt minus a few inches.....

Think it's worth it for Samsung?????

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
For the last time size =/= clarity.....it's possible to get far more clarity out of something smaller than even something which would cover your entire wall...

SIZE DOES NOT EQUAL CLARITY

SIDE DOES NOT EQUAL CLARITY

A 46 INCH TV MAY BE ENTIRELY INFERIOR IN EVERYTHING BUT PHYSICAL SIZE TO A MERE 32 INCH TV.

Leave your damn measuiring tape at home.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 · (Edited)
Here's a picture of the Samsung...

Remember this is only 720p....so in effect we're going for "name" here.....

Leave your damn measuiring tape at home.
ok...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
No, we are not going for name. We are going by reputation of reliability, quality and value for money attached to said brand or "name". And honestly not even that is enough, after that one needs to check for reviews on barious sites and get a well-informed opinion on what you are buying, you need to know far more than just "a damn big TV" as even big names produce duds.

I suggest you just wait for that LG in June...in fact that's the only post you have made in this entire thread which seemed to finally show a bit of reason and sense, for a few seconds there you were actually listening to advice.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
for a few seconds there you were actually listening to advice.
you mean just now or in reference to the LG?????

Cause I gotta admit I like that idea too...

All my burners are from LG and my Divx player...

100% reliable ...LG/Goldstar has never left me "in the dark holding my own" so to speak.....:lol::lol::lol:

Plus it's cheap too, but that means June.....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
I mean in relation to the LG.

Whilst the Samsung was far from your worst idea in this thread, the LG was still better.

Why can't you wait a little longer for something that's BIGGER and BETTER than the Samsung? I say once again by getting the Samsung you are settling for less than you truly could get (or as you put it "be"). Just a little waiting involved.

If you are going to fork out as much as you are willing to fork out you may as well go the whole hog and ensure you get a 1080p true HDTV.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 · (Edited)
I mean in relation to the LG.

Whilst the Samsung was far from your worst idea in this thread, the LG was still better.

Why can't you wait a little longer for something that's BIGGER and BETTER than the Samsung? I say once again by getting the Samsung you are settling for less than you truly could get (or as you put it "be"). Just a little waiting involved.

If you are going to fork out as much as you are willing to fork out you may as well go the whole hog and ensure you get a 1080p true HDTV.
1080p eh??? Well that would be the LG one....and in all honesty, LG/Goldstar is the ONLY one that's truly high quality and priced reasonable...... Everything else is 1000.00 starting price and up....

I dunno, I was kinda looking foward to having it in 4-6 weeks, but June/July......especially if it's bigger.....and 1900 by 1000......hmmmmm

.....by getting the Samsung you are settling for less than you truly could get (or as you put it "be"). Just a little waiting involved.
Interesting....I never meant that to be as funny as you and the others make it sound but honestly that's what I believe....

When I was a kid my Dad helped me return a defective radio by JVC to the Consumers Shop.. I didn't know any better at the time, but they offered me an even better replacement than the one that was faulty, but since I was naive I demanded the original replacement like an idiot....

I could've improved my situation, but instead insisted an another piece of crap.....

This lesson stuck with me....

I have since then learned to never pass up a chance to improve, financially, spiritually or mentally or whatever should the opportunity come by and above all never settle for less than you can be.....

This is why I'm going for the 300 Million this time instead of the mere 30 million....and yes, 42 inches instead of 28....

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
This lesson stuck with me....

I have since then learned to never pass up a chance to improve, financially, spiritually or mentally or whatever should the opportunity come by and above all never settle for less than you can be.....

This is why I'm going for the 300 Million this time instead of the mere 30 million....and yes, 42 inches instead of 28....
Schumi....lets give up on this fool. I agree with all your points about it being a spoilt brat.

Its clear they are going nowhere monetarily, fast. Lets just let them waste their money and let them suffer.

Might even be fun seeing them make a choice they later to regret because they think bigger == better. xD

@Lord Zedeck: I respect your opinions. I know we can argue about the games all day, but lets don't :).

201 - 220 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.