Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 1121 Posts

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
what kind of reputation?
With the Exception of PCXL Fan there this morning GOOD, to me anyways.....

To be honest, I've never had to challenge them on anything - they always did warrantee repairs / replacements no questions asked......

...well may a few, but not many.....

I'd trust them to supply my TV....

After all they supplied my computer, and except for a glitch or two with the Ram etc, it's basically "ruling the world".... - Quote (Sid Vicious)

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
3,090 Posts
insiginia is bestbuys inhouse brand of tvs i know cuase ive got one sitting here its an older 20 crt standard def but it works for watching tv and dvds thats about it i really need to get an hsdtv for my xbox 360 and watching movies on my computer. also it would help with emulation cuase i outport my emulators to my tv majority of the time unless im wachting something at the moment then its all on my 19inch crt montior set at 1280x1024 which is better then 720p yet still looks to small for movies and such so i need to get an lcd for my montior and have the tv hooked up vi eaither hdmi or vga which every i can find for the graphics card which reminds me i have to upgrade that As well cuase ive got an older 7600gs and it barely works for fallout 3 and other recent games.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
1280x1024 which is better then 720p yet still looks to small for movies and such so i need to get an lcd for my montior and have the tv hooked up vi eaither hdmi or vga ......
That's my point exactly, but noone except runawayprisoner and cottonvibes understands......

I'm gonna take it cautious - don't wanna get in an argument again today, but my point is that BIG is BIG and small is small.....

Yeah, Spyhop and our friend Grover are correct that there's near and far, but I actually have some experience too in using a TV as a monitor and it's one of the big factors behind my steadfast decision/choice here.. Heck, I'm using it right now as I type this and basically for all PC functions - except small text and Photoshop work.... my intuition here is telling me , and having seen the Daytek at CBIT, that a 40 anything monitor would be a little bigger than my Trinitron and a hell of a lot sharper.......therefore I am willing to fork out 700.00 for it and maybe take a bit of a gamble doing so....

I'm not STUPID here.... I know the difference between near and far, but I also have a brain and asense of Perception....and I know the difference between BIG and small...

That's why...

God, that was way more than I wanted to say...

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
3,090 Posts
if i had the money right now and it was at my local bestbuy or walmarts i would be glad to go grab one phil. and i was saying my crt being at only 19inches sucks as a cenima display and gaming disply unless im sitting right up on it but im not when watching movies and shows and gaming im usaly sitting back 5 or so feet on my bed or infront on my bed laying on the floor watching it. the monitor is best for reading text and browsing the web tv is good for emulation and cenima watching. but its just to blurry with my xbox 360 which stinks o i need to pickup something better for it

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 · (Edited)
Once again, since it's only 699.99 This is the one I'm strongly considering, even though it may not be TRUE HD and only 720p - it's not TRUE HD, but technically it still is HD...

VisionQuest LVQ-42EF1A Rembrandt LCD TV

VisionQuest Consumer Electronics - LVQ-42EF1A

I dunno, I think with all this true HD and 1080 p stuff I'm setting my expectation too high....This is more than good enough......

..and at only 600.00........:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Don't buy a no-name TV. If you have to get a smaller TV to afford a brand name, do it.
I though VisionQuest WAS well known......I see their stuff everywhere, except at major retailers mostly at electronics stores and some cheaper ones... :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
ONLY 600....I guess you will have to go without your greenback toiletpaper this week...tough break man, I don't know what I would do without a $100 bill or 2 to wipe my a$$.....o wait a second .... I don't do that....first of all we don't use dollars and second of all I KNOW THE VALUE OF A DOLLAR....something which you clearly don't.

You know why the world is experiencing a financial crisis? People like YOU, yes YOU.

Big is big, and small is small, but the problem is that big is not neccessarily clear and neither is small neccessarily.

I want to help you, I really do, but you don't listen to advice EVER, I have no clue why you even post asking for advice here, as you will still plow through every single shred of common sense and reason and just go for what you think is right, regardless of cost. As long as it's BIG.
I mean tomorrow you might decide you want to buy a Ferrari and you would ignore all of us and go do it. Who cares if half your family ends up in the poor house with nothing? Who cares if you have to take out a 5th mortgage on your house, as long as you have the BEST and FASTEST the rest of the world can go to hell.

Your attitude disgusts me.
Your attitude disgusts anyone who is not a spoilt little rich kid.
You have the most warped sense of reason, intelligence, common sense understanding of the value of a dollar I have ever encountered.

Either say you're poor and then listen to our advice and have some damn patience. Or come right out and tell us you have a budget of a few bajillionzilliontrillionmillion (an amount you seem to think is reserved just for YOURSELF) and then ask what the best you can get for that sort of money is.
Or even better yet don't tell us anything and wallow in your own mess as all our advice (and then you still have the gall to call us experts) falls on deaf ears anyways.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Allright....that's enough.....

I get the idea....

...even though "clearly I've never had a good one.....":???::???::???::???::???:

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Edit: I'm jumping to a major conclusion here, but if infact (PCXL Fan) thatb that one at CBIT is a Daytek, then here it is at the CBIT Website...Spoke to the sales guy and he told me it could be as much as 1200.00

CBiT - Computer Parts, Computers, Laptops, FTA, Service, Training, Networking, and more!
Back in january and december before the dollar dropped slightly in value, and everything went up 10-15% in price, when there was a decent sale on, $1200 gets you a 46 inch 1080p tv from any of the major manufacturers.

Such as the Sony S series tv or 46 inch samsung 1080p with picture in picture & 3d surround sound synthesis & a DNIe image processing chip that improves image quality just slightly above the sony S series bravias to sony V series levels.

Screw that daytek 720p tv thats a rip off. It still is.

Here's another one that's 700.00 but it's bt Insignia?????

Looks good though

Yeah, like I said last night on the forum here, I can have a showing of the TV for me at any of their stores with a PC actually hooked up to it so I can test it out, but I gotta make an appointment.....

But, hey, at least they're willing to DO it.... and this could be just plain salesmanship, but the idea of using it as a pc monitor doesn't sound so foreign to them.... but then again...

Edit: Naw, the original TV I was considering at the beginning of this massivew thread has just come down another 100.00 to 699.99......

It's lookin mighty attractive even though it's only 1080i/720p... I went over my finances this morning with a fine toothed comb and I can do this one now...or at least in the next few weeks - possibly May at the latest....

All I gotta do is score 170 from my local loan source and it's as good as mine.....

But before I commit to anything here given this great news, I'm gonna go for a DEMONSTRATION tomorrow at the PCStore.... Make sure it fits my minimum requirements or at least defeats the old Trinitron in the Clarity department....

True high definition is not what'll sway me, but rather clarity over what I currently got now......

Now that I got the money worked out, and the source worked out, I just have to go see one to confirm what I already know....likely....

If not then I'll look around the store for their biggest pc monitor.....but I don't think that'll be necessary as this is going to happen....

...finally.....
I'd still go for a regular $500-600 24 inch 1920x 1200 samsung or dell monitor with hdcp support and an hdmi port.

This is my setup. I definitely prefer multiple monitors over getting one giant monitor. Productivity increases with multiple monitors. It doesn't matter since you are forced to sit farther away from your monitor. Essentially either way you go your field of vision is filled up the same amount, regardless of what size monitor you get beyond 24 inches.

Why do i need this elaborate setup? Im one of the top official sound mixer for the emu scene. I mix many the sounds you hear in a number of the emulators. That beep sound you hear when pcsx2 or jaguar crashes. Thats me.

But you seem adamant on getting a tv. Look into the possiblity of a floor model tv. You might save a bit of money. They usually give 10% or more off the already reduced price.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 · (Edited)
Thanks PCXL, you "office" looks similar to mine...

I know this is never going to end, but once again I like BIG things and that includes monitors...I can tell the difference - I'm a bit of an Artist and got good perception (visually anyway).....That's why I get such a thrill out of using the biggest monitor I can.....hence the tV....... it helps in productivity when I'm doing other ****.....

But I don't have to justify my self to anybody......everyone's individual....

If I got the Big 42 I might use the Trinitron as a second or maybe the Dell...

I remeber when I got my first sound mixer...was working the summer (at IGA ) during highschool in the North End......(summer of 92).....

Thanks for the memory....:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

It's not a reputable brand. It's being sold everywhere because it's cheap, and it's probably cheap for a reason.
Sharp, Samsung, Toshiba, LG, Panasonic, Sony. You should wind up with a good TV with any of these brands.
Well the Samsung happens to fall in to my price range, but the LG is about 100.00 over what my "budget" is or can afford in a reasonable time frame without having to go out and do all sorts of odd-jobs.....

Like I said I talkied to all my sources, including my income source" today and I know I can come up with a maximum of 813 right on the nose, but that has to include TAX and any shipping etc....

So it puts the Dynes/Insignis in my range and even the Rembrandt...but not the LG/Sony etc....

However Samsung is possible if I go with the 40 inch instead, which now that I think of it is rather negligable.....

I dunno, like Ii said I've seen the one at CBIT and so has PCXL and at least I think it's good enough for the job.....

but if a major brand is what you recommend, then I'll have to re-examine it...

I don't wanna be hauling this jumbotron back and forth to CBIT everytime it needs a repair...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Okay gameman, I am willing to concede that a big monitor might not be the worst for you as you like using it as an actual TV as well and lying on your bed even further away than usual.

However.

You remember you said you were refusing to settle for less than you can get?
Well your greed for getting one as soon as possible is making you settle for less, some cheap hack of a wannabe HDTV, rathern than the real deal.

So here's the deal, give us a budget say $800 max canadian and then let us find the best balance between quality and size that's available for that price. If it does not suit your fancy then you have three choices, settle for it, wait till you have a larger budget or waste your money on inferior crap as you are currently planning on doing.

Yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but crap is still crap, and it's often made to look beautifull and like an awesome bargain, then a week later the chrome starts rubbing off, the cheap plastic underneath cracks and month later it takes up residence in the trash can.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Samsung?:lol: Samsung is only good on making washing machines/vacuum cleaners,Sony is the way to the goodness.
But how much could you know about Samsung living in the middle east?...

You obviously don't know much about Samsung. Samusung has made major leaps in quality in the past decade. Samsung is now one of the top quality computer lcd manufacturers. If you score on their panel lottery you get a kickass computer monitor. Samsung and sony have a joint venture and have been manufacture each others lcd panels for a couple years.

Samsung actually are scoring a bit higher on the consumer reports then sony for their lcd tvs.

·
Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 · (Edited)
Okay gameman, I am willing to concede that a big monitor might not be the worst for you as you like using it as an actual TV as well and lying on your bed even further away than usual.

However.

You remember you said you were refusing to settle for less than you can get?
Well your greed for getting one as soon as possible is making you settle for less, some cheap hack of a wannabe HDTV, rathern than the real deal.

So here's the deal, give us a budget say $800 max canadian and then let us find the best balance between quality and size that's available for that price. If it does not suit your fancy then you have three choices, settle for it, wait till you have a larger budget or waste your money on inferior crap as you are currently planning on doing.

Yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but crap is still crap, and it's often made to look beautifull and like an awesome bargain, then a week later the chrome starts rubbing off, the cheap plastic underneath cracks and month later it takes up residence in the trash can.

I dunno if you read my post (one up) but my budget is 813, or rounded off 800 Canadian.. and that has to include Tax and any shipping/transportation, additional warrantees etc.... Otherwise it's a no go..or I gotta drastically reduce size/quality....
I was chatting with Phil earlier around noon, our time, and was saying that CBIT usually has a good reputation for standing behind what they sell as far as warrantee/replacement/repairs go..... That's why I was willing to take the chance...plus if I buy the display model I get an additional 100.00 off like PCXL said......

The only negative thing I heard thus far regarding Dynex, was that post from last night, a few pages back....

But like I said, I will see MANY Tv's and Monitors tomorrow so I'll have a better idea of where I'm headed in this adventure at this time tomorrow.....

But once again, two of us have actually SEEN the Daytek/Rembrandt on display at CBIT, and for me anyway, when I walked up to it it looked a Hell of a lot clearer and high definition that what I'm looking at right now as I type this......

I just hope it's affordable and not almost double what I can just do...
This one's all on my own, I ain't gonna get as much help$$$$ as I did when I bought the E8600....

so that's why it's gotta be the best value for my 800....

nothing personal though.....

·
!
9,570 Posts
But how much could you know about Samsung living in the middle east?...

You obviously don't know much about Samsung. Samusung has made major leaps in quality in the past decade. Samsung is now one of the top quality computer lcd manufacturers. If you score on their panel lottery you get a kickass computer monitor. Samsung and sony have a joint venture and have been manufacture each others lcd panels for a couple years.

Samsung actually are scoring a bit higher on the consumer reports then sony for their lcd tvs.
you're dummy?..no you're dummy,Samsung cars about Middle eastern countries than western countries,Why?....they gaining more,from us buddy.
You realize Samsung has some of the best panels on the market right?
People like Samsung Productions because it's Cheaper than Sony/Panasonic,and frankly their productions has some good quality but not like Sony's Tv,Personally i prefer Sony Tv's than Samsung.AMAZING PRODUCTIONS.

181 - 200 of 1121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.