Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Is your mums an old movie projector from the 30's Gameman??

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Except of course my pocket book, but I'll work somethiung out in the next few weeks...

Like I said I made an appointment to check out a few, or many on Friday
If your going to stores that need you to make an appointment to buy a TV then I am not surprised you pocket book will take a bad hit!

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Incidently mate are you liking that 9800GTX OC you got there??????
Well Until about 3 hours ago I had no game more modern then Doom 3/Quake 4/ Resident evil 4 (RE4 is supped up majorly with community updates) I never had a game to really test it with

I was given a free Steam account a few hours ago and have downloaded Fallout 3 and TF2 but I have yet to play either (Only gone as far as menu with Fallout 3)

The Crysis demo runs nice, but I can't push the detail to high (Especially cause I run at my screens default res of 1920x1200) or it gets bugged down!

The chick? Yeah. Thanks for showing. :p
:lol:

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
No prob Mudlord, Not a fan of it anyway, just wanted to do something with my 9800GTX at the time as it was literally going to waste :lol:

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
I agree completely! I think Gameman is just thinking that a bigger screen means a more enjoyable experience when really it doesn't.. there's not much point in using a TV as a monitor %100 of the time, a TV is a TV it's meant for Television and Video you arn't really meant to play games on it and if you do you end up being so much farther away from the screen you arn't getting the same level of detail and interaction you would sitting at a desk on a 18-24 inch LCD, It's very hard to alt-tab threw things and read webpages from 10 feet away and if you jack the font size up it tends to look like **** and there really is no ****ing difference , just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's better or looks any different to your eyes, you may have a bigger screen but it just means your eyes have to focus on different parts of the screen instead of the full thing and you are going to end up having to get closer to the screen to read smal print and detailed information..

I think it's a waste of money but that's just me I agree with Spyhop , what's the point? there's no difference in actuality..

x )
All good and valid points!

Plus with a big a** pc monitor you can go for a higher res then 1920x1080 which will actually show more detail then any big LCD TV will

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
that's what I essentially was saying spyhop!

But I am sure i have sen bigger screens then mine with higher res the 1920x1200

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Still in agreement mate! I have not seen many over the 1920x1200, I was just pointing out they exist, but as you do point out they are in fact rare!

I don't think they get much higher though!

I think I saw a Dell one at some point! (Not sure though) But I know it was bigger cause it had me thinking about fact it was higher then mine

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Just went to my neighbours who has a 27inch Dell!

The native res on his is 2650x1600

Damn I want his screen:p

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Indeed to all points Mudlord!

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
:lol:

I just liked that i had a test to stress my system, I didn't play the demo much, but did finish the single player "taste"

I could not give a good opinion on it, it does indeed look incredible but it does also stress the system stupidly!

As for gameplay, I didn't mind it too much, but I suck with keyboard/mouse due to inexperience:hdbash:

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Get the 42inch to replace your 32inch tv in the LIVING ROOM!

Then sell your 32Inch screen and buy a decent 22 or 24inch pc monitor with the money received for the screen:thumb:

EDIT:-

Also doing things this way will mean that if you wanna set it up to the 42inch on occasions you can

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
The only problem with Daytek is short life expectancy and really high failure/malfunction rate.
You really should stop ignoring this point Gameman

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
You don't like my idea in post 165 Gameman?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
From what I can see if you follow my advice earlier you can have both and switch as you desire depending on what you are doing!

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Stay away from Goldstar!

Just get a good name brand! You want a good life out of your screen don't you??

I would only add one brand to the list of good monitor makers that Spyhop put up - BENQ

The reason people are getting frustrated with you is that for 12 pages now people have been trying to give you good advice on brands and reliability and you are ignoring there comments!

So I ask you a question Gameman? Why should they continue to help you?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Well i have a soft spot for BenQ and have known several people that own one and have heard no probs as of yet!

But with the "No-Name" brands I know again of several people that have had big probs!

I ain't saying BenQ is the best! I know they are not! But they are certainly far more reliable then a "no-name" brand

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
I ain't talking about whether you buy a 2 inch screen or a 2000inch screen. I just mean that you are looking at some shocking brands and one thing a lot of people have noticed is that "reliability" is something that not many tv's have.

I feel that reliability is the most important factor in choosing a screen and nothing should take a ack-seat to that

He is saying BENQ is a bad brand too!

I actually don't mind them, but I know I am mostly alone on that subject

If you choose a monitor from the "Spyhop Monitor Approval" list you can't go wrong!

Sharp, Samsung, Toshiba, LG, Panasonic, Sony.
I call for a Spyhop approval logo on all good monitors that Spyhop supports!:thumb:

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
therefore it stands to reason that even a ****ty 1080i (1300x700) by Vision Quest would be a vast improvement over such setup....
Yes agreed! But the brand is crap and you will be LUCKY if it does not break down in 13mths (Just after the warranty runs out) and you will be left to buy another monitor again!

Do you want to be buying 42inch LCD's every year?

though I may still be tempted to go for the Dynex if I can find more good reviews.....
You have been told quite a few times to avoid that one! You don't listen to good do you?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
No prob with it

After-all its on the Spyhop approval list;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.