Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Which is still a waste.

As long as your happy with your card, its cool. Right Gameman? Or are you wanting to buy a GTX260 to go with that screen?

Don't even HAVE Crysis/ Doom etc yet.....
Just think, you can wnak to hi def pr0n on that 42'

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Lord Zedeck said:
Personally, I love the game. Just because it's hard on performance and people use it as a benchmark, or just because it may not be the best optimized game, doesn't mean it isn't a game. I don't use it for benchmarks, at all. I use it to play it, and personally, I've loved both of the games. I'm awaiting the next two.
Its not just hard on performance, its just a complete turd. And its not just a game, it was a Trojan horse for DX10 by way of marketing, and look how that turned out. People saw it for what it was: a unoptimized DX9 engine which does nothing truly spectacular (sure SSAO is good for the benchmarking freaks, but the general idea has been done before. Ambience occlusion is dead old anyway :rolleyes:).

And yes, I played through both games, and they don't bring anything worthy to the FPS party. It was truly a disappointment and a utter waste of developmental resources. I am for one, glad it got pirated extensively. Just proves also how much Securom/Securom PA is a worthless protection. But will EA learn its lesson? Nooooooooooo....

So, let the bad times for them roll!

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
The story, visuals, sound, and gameplay were all at least average or above average for me, so I enjoyed it. That's all I'm saying.
Well for me, I found the games a major disappointment. Same with FEAR 2. All the hype was for nothing IMO, since none of those games bring anything really innovating.

Sure in Crysis, using depth components of a framebuffer image to calculate ambience occlusion entirely on the GPU sounds neat, but the concept of ambience occlusion itself is quite old. So also, nothing really innovating on the technical sense either.

Gameman, get a real monitor
Yes Phil, the idea of a 42" screen for real PC usage is insane. Use it for entertainment systems, not PCs. Even a 19" is decent.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
This lesson stuck with me....

I have since then learned to never pass up a chance to improve, financially, spiritually or mentally or whatever should the opportunity come by and above all never settle for less than you can be.....

This is why I'm going for the 300 Million this time instead of the mere 30 million....and yes, 42 inches instead of 28....
Schumi....lets give up on this fool. I agree with all your points about it being a spoilt brat.

Its clear they are going nowhere monetarily, fast. Lets just let them waste their money and let them suffer.

Might even be fun seeing them make a choice they later to regret because they think bigger == better. xD

@Lord Zedeck: I respect your opinions. I know we can argue about the games all day, but lets don't :).

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
put me down and make me feel like a complete ****ing idiot...right?????
Thats because you are constantly ignoring our advice. We are trying to have some sanity and offer genuine help here. What you are doing is entirely the contrary: "asking" for help when it seems obvious you don't want any. And then doing something entirely ridiculous.

So, what are we meant to do? Listen and "help" you with this idea of a 42 inch screen and let you deal then with the consequences of a bad purchase? Or are you really a troll?

and if you really been around PCs and TVs all your life, you would know some things about what you are doing is unpractical at best.

seeing as you never listen, I am just going to stop trying to help.

Goodbye.

I just want PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!
Got news for you: nothings perfect. Sorry to shatter your world, but thats a fact. Not even that 42" screen is perfect.....

Are you going to then dump the screen when a "better" one comes out?

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Of course........that's known as "upgrading".......

But hopefully not immediately or at least for 2 years......

I plan to upgrade this Pc in only a year or two.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.