Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Gameman you're giving me a headache....

YOU CAN CONTROL THE FREAKING ICON SIZE REGARDLESS OF MONITOR SIZE OR RESOLUTION!!!!

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
A dual monitor set up for you would be pointless...

The only name out of that list you mentioned that I recognise is BenQ by the way.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Basically yes...I mean over half the time you would have nothing displayed on the second screen.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
So $400 is justified just by a bit of hardware monitoring and an email now and then?

You keep on saying you're on a budget but at the same time you keep on looking at expensive components as if they will cost you less than half a week's pocket change...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
The Dominator RAM huh? I seem to recall you having problems with that :p

You are (in your mind) settling for less than you truly can get, as for what you truly can be, I don't think it's possible for you to be any more incorrect, confused, missinformed and wrong than you currently are.

YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT IN PERSON. What you have seen in person is a crappy-ass wannabe HDTV which you would have been well deserved getting stuck with considering your entirely incorrect and skewed view on everything.

Have you never noticed how things get bigger the closer they are to you?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
A friend of my Mother's has one and uses it as a desktop monitor and she says the icons are too big (like basket balls) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
Oh but according to you the visual quality will be stupendous then, I mean the bigger something is according to you the better the visual quality. Just imagine now if you had an icon as big as your entire wall, it would be friggin piece of artwork wrothy of being hung up in the louvre, I mean something that big can't possibly have visual quality deserving of anything less.

Also projectors are not confined to one size, bring them closer to the object being projected on and the image gets smaller, move them further away from the surface being projected on and the image gets bigger.....so you mother's daft friend just needs to move the projector closer to the surface it's projecting on...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Projectors are tiny...well not tiny but anyone that can carry 4 or 5 books can carry one...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
ONLY 600....I guess you will have to go without your greenback toiletpaper this week...tough break man, I don't know what I would do without a $100 bill or 2 to wipe my a$$.....o wait a second .... I don't do that....first of all we don't use dollars and second of all I KNOW THE VALUE OF A DOLLAR....something which you clearly don't.

You know why the world is experiencing a financial crisis? People like YOU, yes YOU.

Big is big, and small is small, but the problem is that big is not neccessarily clear and neither is small neccessarily.

I want to help you, I really do, but you don't listen to advice EVER, I have no clue why you even post asking for advice here, as you will still plow through every single shred of common sense and reason and just go for what you think is right, regardless of cost. As long as it's BIG.
I mean tomorrow you might decide you want to buy a Ferrari and you would ignore all of us and go do it. Who cares if half your family ends up in the poor house with nothing? Who cares if you have to take out a 5th mortgage on your house, as long as you have the BEST and FASTEST the rest of the world can go to hell.

Your attitude disgusts me.
Your attitude disgusts anyone who is not a spoilt little rich kid.
You have the most warped sense of reason, intelligence, common sense understanding of the value of a dollar I have ever encountered.

Either say you're poor and then listen to our advice and have some damn patience. Or come right out and tell us you have a budget of a few bajillionzilliontrillionmillion (an amount you seem to think is reserved just for YOURSELF) and then ask what the best you can get for that sort of money is.
Or even better yet don't tell us anything and wallow in your own mess as all our advice (and then you still have the gall to call us experts) falls on deaf ears anyways.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Okay gameman, I am willing to concede that a big monitor might not be the worst for you as you like using it as an actual TV as well and lying on your bed even further away than usual.

However.

You remember you said you were refusing to settle for less than you can get?
Well your greed for getting one as soon as possible is making you settle for less, some cheap hack of a wannabe HDTV, rathern than the real deal.

So here's the deal, give us a budget say $800 max canadian and then let us find the best balance between quality and size that's available for that price. If it does not suit your fancy then you have three choices, settle for it, wait till you have a larger budget or waste your money on inferior crap as you are currently planning on doing.

Yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but crap is still crap, and it's often made to look beautifull and like an awesome bargain, then a week later the chrome starts rubbing off, the cheap plastic underneath cracks and month later it takes up residence in the trash can.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Samsung is fine. Ignore him Gameman.

Warranties exist so you can feel safe about spending a few 100, not so you can take a gamble with a few hundred and fall back on the warrantee.

Also let's not forget for that time where it possibly breaks you will be stuck without your bigass TV and monitor and will be forced to go back to Triiniton for at least a day or two possibly longer.

Who cares if it looks sharp, if you can get BETTER by just waiting a little longer perhaps, or settling for slightly smaller?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Ceace your impatience you spoilt little rich kid and have the patience to wait for quality.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
so you want to settle for less for us, the people that are telling you to wait to get more?......

yep makes perfect sense....or wait....hmm no sorry I don't see it.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
We never told you to get one...it was merely mentioned and then further explained upon your questioning....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
For the last time size =/= clarity.....it's possible to get far more clarity out of something smaller than even something which would cover your entire wall...

SIZE DOES NOT EQUAL CLARITY

SIDE DOES NOT EQUAL CLARITY

A 46 INCH TV MAY BE ENTIRELY INFERIOR IN EVERYTHING BUT PHYSICAL SIZE TO A MERE 32 INCH TV.

Leave your damn measuiring tape at home.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No, we are not going for name. We are going by reputation of reliability, quality and value for money attached to said brand or "name". And honestly not even that is enough, after that one needs to check for reviews on barious sites and get a well-informed opinion on what you are buying, you need to know far more than just "a damn big TV" as even big names produce duds.

I suggest you just wait for that LG in June...in fact that's the only post you have made in this entire thread which seemed to finally show a bit of reason and sense, for a few seconds there you were actually listening to advice.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I mean in relation to the LG.

Whilst the Samsung was far from your worst idea in this thread, the LG was still better.

Why can't you wait a little longer for something that's BIGGER and BETTER than the Samsung? I say once again by getting the Samsung you are settling for less than you truly could get (or as you put it "be"). Just a little waiting involved.

If you are going to fork out as much as you are willing to fork out you may as well go the whole hog and ensure you get a 1080p true HDTV.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
c) it's easier for me to make a tv do double duty as a pc monitor, than it is for a 28 inch pc monitor to do double duty as a tv.....sucks, and I've seen it...not good....
That right there is the only reason why I have started going along with your plan.

Why do you keep calling LG, Gold Star by the way? LG is LG and Gold Star is some brand I have never heard of...

Yes, I like that monitor a lot, far more than anything else you have shown and reviews on it (at least on that site) seem great and so is it's rating. I highly doubt you will find BETTER for cheaper.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Schumi....lets give up on this fool. I agree with all your points about it being a spoilt brat.

Its clear they are going nowhere monetarily, fast. Lets just let them waste their money and let them suffer.

Might even be fun seeing them make a choice they later to regret because they think bigger == better. xD

@Lord Zedeck: I respect your opinions. I know we can argue about the games all day, but lets don't :).
Sorry for not replying earlier mud, I was too busy trying to rushing to either convince Gameman of a good idea he had or trying to dissuade him from the next bad one to reply yesterday.

I want to help Gameman, I really do, and now and then he is open to a little advice and is not making absurd spoilt brat statements like it's ONLY 600...and after all the time I have invested in this I might as well try and see it through.

Also the problem is that said regret would be accompanied by a mountain of complaining and unreasonable expectations.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I though we made some progress here....

Expecting a 42 inch monitor for 700.00 is not unreasonable...

Especially when I know of over 8 locally available models to choose from (all varying in quality/price)....

The only thing I "expect" this time, and no I don't think it's unreasonable, is for it to be better than the Trinitron...

That's all...

I don't think that's asking too much is it??????:eyemove::eyemove:
Congratulations for once again missunderstanding.

What I meant was the regret that might very well accompany a no-name brand purchase after it breaks just a few days after your warrantee expires where you are left sitting with a hunk of cheap plastic, circuits and glass and $600 down the can with nothing to show for it but the aforementioned pile of trash.
Or even just the regret of sitting without your new purchase a month down the line whilst it's in the shop being repaired for a week or so.
Or the regret of buying a 1080i or 720p television and then visiting a friend and seeing 1080p in all it's glory, knowing that you could have had that if you had just waited a little longer.

I bet you would have a choice few words and big bold yellow text to say about the above situations, when they would have all been your own damn fault.

Thankfully though I seem to have finally been able to save you from that regret and those choice words and big bold yellow text with a dozen :mad: smileys behind it now that you have mostly chosen the LG.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Looks like common sense and reason lost the battle to greed.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.