Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Besides, doesn't user "mOFO" have one??????
Yes I have a 42 Inch 1080p 2880x2660 35000:1 Contrast Ratio (And Yes that's native resolution) , it did cost me double your price range though about $1600-$1800 CDN , though mine is VESA mounted to the wall infront of me ,so It is almost 10 feet away from me, Spyhop is right, it's not good for your eyes to be seitting that close to it if you're going to use it as a monitor make sure you dim the brightness/backlight or it will really start straining your eyes, I played World of Warcraft for 4-5 hours today and my eyes are now as red as tomatoes and really sore, 5-8 away from the TV/Monitor at least and it might be worth it to get a nice VESA mount, make sure it's a VESA mount though , past 20 inch the weight and size of the screen is too much to not be using a VESA certified mount

·
Banned
200 Posts
I agree completely! I think Gameman is just thinking that a bigger screen means a more enjoyable experience when really it doesn't.. there's not much point in using a TV as a monitor %100 of the time, a TV is a TV it's meant for Television and Video you arn't really meant to play games on it and if you do you end up being so much farther away from the screen you arn't getting the same level of detail and interaction you would sitting at a desk on a 18-24 inch LCD, It's very hard to alt-tab threw things and read webpages from 10 feet away and if you jack the font size up it tends to look like **** and there really is no ****ing difference , just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's better or looks any different to your eyes, you may have a bigger screen but it just means your eyes have to focus on different parts of the screen instead of the full thing and you are going to end up having to get closer to the screen to read smal print and detailed information..

I think it's a waste of money but that's just me I agree with Spyhop , what's the point? there's no difference in actuality..

x )

See? This is stupid. Just get a smaller monitor and sit closer, it's the same damn difference.

·
Banned
200 Posts
The Max Native Resolution on my 42 Inch 1080p LCD is 2048×1556 though that's the highest I've seen for a widescreen LCD , HDTV or Monitor , it is very rare though I was suprised it even wen't that high in the first place and natively was a bonus , though as I was saying before he's going to be paying double his price range ($800) if he purchases one and there is really not much benefit in it, I doubt you'll be playing games at that high resolution and if you are your fps is going to be cut down by at least 10-15 frames , just for the fact that your polygon size and pixel count alone goes way up the higher resolution you use you'll also have to render in much higher detail then normal so with Anti Aliasing and/or HDR you are looking at some serious lag , I'm sure movies and television would be fine at that resolution most likely upscaled but games at that resolution would take some serious gpu/cpu processing power and I'm not sure even a 9800 GTX/GX2 could handle it without SOME lag

·
Banned
200 Posts
might not be native.. now that I think of it.. though I can use it as the highest resolution for my desktop , possible upconversion I don't know but that's the resolution it's at/goes to , Set it to 2048×1556 so that combined resolution with my 28 inch LCD is 2048×1556 x 2 or 4096 x 3112 Combined Resolution

PS: Most likely was being upscaled seems alot better now :D
PPS: Previous Post edited and correct info added

·
Banned
200 Posts
Ya I just realized it was actually both using SD Formatting and Upscaling at the same time , 16:9 Widescreen WQXGA @ 2048x1556 now , looked a the Display Resolution Wiki Page to see what the highest 2k Widescreen resolution was

Display resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm also as confused as you are as to why it let me use a resoltuion like that, as if it was stretching to fix or something though I had no surface area unused so that's very odd to me, non the less it's back to it's highest resolution @ 16:9 Widescreen 1080p so no issues here

I'm also finding it hard to believe that that Radeon HD3650 is able to output a resolution of 2880x2660. That card can't do higher than 2560x1600.
I was under the impression that that was the highest resolution for an HD3650 as well

·
Banned
200 Posts
I don't think it was actually displaying it that high Phil , it was a combination of downgrading to 4:3 aspect ratio and upscaling to a higher resolution , non the less it's fixed now and it's non longer going to be run that high and I have no idea how I didn't notice this during my 5 hour WoW stretch today , bizarre..

·
Banned
200 Posts
LOL! Ahhhh.. ok.. gotcha , I'd say go with a WGXGA screen if you want a brighter/clearer screen it tends to have better brightness and contrast and higher contrast ratio , just my 2 cents :p

·
Banned
200 Posts
Yes I did mean WQXGA typo there , WUXGA is about the same I was looking at the specs on a WQXGA and a WUXGA screen , didn't seen much difference at all

and big time "whoops!" on my part, it's actually a 30.2 inch WQXGA not a 42 inch , 1000:1 contrast ratio not 1Mill:1 , big time incorrect info on my part, mixed up a bunch of stats for a couple different monitors :p

·
Banned
200 Posts
On the next episode of NGEmu.. m0f0 desperately wants to put a bullet in his head to end the never ending unresolved thread.. will m0f0 pop a cap in his own ass or will he just unsubscribe from all his subscribed threads and bang his head on his desk , get bored and eat cheesie snacks.. find out next time..

The next episode will not be aired as previously scheduled.. instead we bring you a SUPER AWESOME FUNTASTIC CAREBEARS EPISODE!!!

The Carebears are registered trademarks of American Greetings. American Greetings where bears can shoot sunshine out of their bellies and somehow it not be gay..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNm5Hqow78I

·
Banned
200 Posts
I want the full 42 inches baby..............

And YES, that's what she said..................
Then she saw it and replied 4.2 INCHS!?! you ****ing liar!

Size doesn't mean **** , if it's big and still looks like **** you just wasted your pay cheque on a big steaming pile of **** in TV form..

Also haven't we gone over the fact that if you sit farther away from it and it's bigger it's going to have the same effect as if you sit closer to it and it's smaller , do you even listen to our posts.. or do you just go ME WANTIE BIG!!! BIG ME WANTIE!! GIVES ME BIG!!? , what's the point in buying a 50inch and then running the resolution at ****ing 800x600 or 1024x768? If you want big icons , big fonts , big text , big this , big that , turn the ****ing icons up , turn the ****in font size up , use large icons in your startmenu , use large icons in your task bar , increase the font size in IE/Firefox/Safari/Opera etc or try getting some better vision, even if an icon/font or text is uber small I can still see it from 5-10 feet away and you should be able to if you arn't a grandpa and don't wear adult diapers, the human eye can focus on minuit details, thus you would be able to see it from that far away, not only because your vision is quite capable of seeing detail from that far away , but also because even though the resolution is higher it has a large surface area and the icons and text are going to be regardlessly bigger and easier to see..

·
Banned
200 Posts
Buy a piece of **** tv , laced with **** covered **** and dip it in **** and put it in the bathroom cause it deserves to go where **** goes in the ****ter..

then..

·
Banned
200 Posts
This one's for Spyhop :)

Jay: [singing] ****, ****, ****, / Mother, mother ****, / Mother, mother ****, **** / Mother ****, mother ****, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts. / Rollin' blunts and smokin'...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.