Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Since evil Sony decided to design its console to have as many accessories they can make money on as possible, I've put off the idea of getting one till now. My question is what games on PS2 are worth getting the tap for? I know Kill Zone is in my list already but would like to know some more. Thanks!

BTW, anyone have experience with the 3rd party multitaps that dominate Ebay? Say, this one.

·
Registered
885 Posts
you can try Guilty Gear Isuka, it support up to 4 player where you can do 2 vs 2, 3 vs 1, or even free for all. I usually play GG ISUKA with my friends. and if you like soccer, winning eleven 8 will make your multi tap worth.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
tekken tag is the only one i know.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
If you are into sports, NBA Street 2 and Pro Evolution Soccer 3 are a must have, had lots of fun with them with my friends :thumb:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just realized Gamespot add in their seach function to specific number of players. It seems that PS2 doesn't have any good FPS :( Of course, that is about to change! Are there any good beat 'em ups similar to Guardian Heroes? I haven't seen any game in that genre for a long time now...wonder why that is.
How is Tekken Tag 4 player? Could you explain how it works?
Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
There really aren't a lot of good multiplayer games really for PS2 overall, let alone 4 players (besides a fighting game or two and sports games). A few, but not really many. If you want to play 4 (or more) player games, you should go for a gamecube or XBox, since they don't require a multitap, and already have 4 ports to play games with, such as "Mario Kart Doube Dash!!". Except, that mario kart DD supports up to 8 players with multitap (2 games, 2 gamecubes, 2 tv's). XBox probably has similar stuff, too. I just haven't found a lot of PS2 games that I've enjoyed multiplayer for more than a few minutes. *shrug*. :)
- Modem

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just read that Killzone supports 1-12 players 'online'. Does anyone know if it'll support 4 players split screen?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sfex3

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
to kuaikukia: Do you need to go online for this game or just one PS2 console will do? The shots I seen at Gamespot doesn't include any multiplayer ones. Just making sure :).

ShinjiGohan: Eh.. care to elaborate? Thanks.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Didn't the hunter games support 4 players? Can't remember which one was for PS2, might have been wayward, but it was pretty repetative.

·
Registered
159 Posts
stilz said:
to kuaikukia: Do you need to go line for this game or just one PS2 console will do? The shots I seen at Gamespot doesn't include any multiplayer ones. Just making sure :).

ShinjiGohan: Eh.. care to elaborate? Thanks.
What would you like elaborated?

The game specifically is Street Fighter EX 3. However this game (much like Tekken Tag at least from what I hear) is picky about which multi tap you use. If you get a 3rd party multi tap it may not work. So be safe and get the offical sony multi tap.

As for what modes of play you can do.

Tag Battle where: (typical tag battle where only two people are on the screen at any one time and you can tag out to switch your partners)
P1 and P2 VS P3
P1 and P2 vs P3 and P4

For Dramatic battle (where all 4 players are on the screen at one time)
P1 and P2 and P3 vs CPU
P1 and P2 and CPU vs P3
P1 and P2 and P3 vs P4
P1 and P2 vs P3 and CPU
and lastly
P1 and P2 vs P3 and P4

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I needed elaboration on the "Sfex3" part, but what you did is awesome :)
Thanks for mentioning the part about 3rd party multitap, because that's what I was going to get. Looks like I need to find an used now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
heh I found out the hard way when I realized that the multi tap that I bought for SFEX3 didn't work (it was made by interact IIRC)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
stilz said:
I needed elaboration on the "Sfex3" part, but what you did is awesome :)
Thanks for mentioning the part about 3rd party multitap, because that's what I was going to get. Looks like I need to find an used now.
il give you a advice, dont buy 3rd party multitaps, some games are not compatibles.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Tekken Tag Tournament
Dead or Alive 2
Onimusha Blade Warriors
The Bouncer
PES3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts